List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They were taking about Ian Hill on the radio yesterday.

Apparently he’s 175cm and 65kg. Would rather we find another Spargo than a guy who will take years to prep and probably goes home anyway.

What’s the deal with Toby Bedford?

Have you seen him play though? Would be better than Spargo immediately and ALOT faster.

Can add 5 kgs in one pre season easy! Bayley Fritsch did! Lyam Ryan is 72kgs.

If we could get him and Bedford Id be wrapped.

You can go into a points deficit for the following year if you don't have enough points to match a bid. I don't think he's likely to attract a bid until a bit later on, so we'll be able to use 23 and 28 on whoever we want to, and can worry about matching points from 54 onwards.

I'm not 100% sure how the deficit things works, but I think its something like, if he gets a bid in the 4th round, and we don't have the points to pay for him, the shortfall of points will come off our 4th rounder the next year, and shift it back in the order accordingly

Also, 73 is the last pick that has points attached, so 91 is no good in that regard.
cheers for that yeah i read foxsorts thing on him in september and said we might have to use 33 on him(obviously b4 trade week) cause he is shooting up from where he was a few months ago. another said he is like Lewis Jetta speed wise so theres the small forward we need to draft

Back in the day i loved researching players myself just to show that i had more of clue than Harrington, Prendergast and co.

What i love about the draft nowadays is me doing no research whatsoever on any players. Full confidence in Jason Taylor finding gems. Whichever players Jason loves i do too. :hearts:

so on the AFL website it reckons you can trade future picks still. do we have all our future picks still?

You can trade picks on draft night now.

We can’t trade next years first, but I could see us trading next years second for a couple of early third rounders this year.

That would get us pretty close to not having to pick absolute s**t to clog up our list.

I wonder if we will try use next years 1st try get into this years 1st round? GWS 3 picks in first round. So dose Adelaide and Port but they will be trying to get up the order themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few decent inside/outside mids from VIC/TAS available by the looks of it using those two first picks. Or we could look at grabbing a project tall forward if there's one around the mark to be T-Mac's eventual successor.

Otherwise if we look more into the ageing players. Some half back flank style players/general midifelders to eventually replace Lewis/Jones/Hibberd. Beford perfect as a Garlett style replacement before we hopefully snag Kobe Farmer in a couple years. Jetta also not exactly a spring chicken, so if any smaller defenders are sniffing around we should have a gander too.

Still have a feeling we'll throw C. Wagner and/or Jay Lockhart a lifeline late or in the rookie draft.

Would be kinda funny to delist then pick up the same player as a DFA a couple of weeks later. But honestly Bugg would be up there as the best delisted out available (save for players who are past it like Barlow and Goddard) and we really should've kept him as depth.

Otherwise - thoughts on someone like Declan Mountford?

lacking key forward depth with Hogan and Pedersen gone.

Like the sound of Noah Gown in the draft, 193cm 91kg.

Finished the TAC cup with 21 goals, 19 contested marks from his last 7 games.

Reads the ball flight well, protects the ball drop, good one on one, chases hard the other way.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/24433573/afl-draft-wrap-noah-gown-purple-patch-caught-recruiters-attention?platform=amp
A Gawn and a Gown? ... I like it!

lacking key forward depth with Hogan and Pedersen gone.

Like the sound of Noah Gown in the draft, 193cm 91kg.

Finished the TAC cup with 21 goals, 19 contested marks from his last 7 games.

Reads the ball flight well, protects the ball drop, good one on one, chases hard the other way.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/24433573/afl-draft-wrap-noah-gown-purple-patch-caught-recruiters-attention?platform=amp

Changing my name to gawn2gown if this happens

Adam Oxley is out of contract at Collingwood.. what happened to him? Looked promising as a rebounding defender
He got into the Kingsly against us and we were left traumatised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back