List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Current picks:
23, 28, 54, 62, 91, 109, 127

Current list slots: 7 primary, 1 rookie

Discuss all things draft here.

Genuine question. What happens if we don't fill our list?

I can't see what our plan is with only 4 half-decent picks and not a lot of decent delisted FA out there.
You can run a primary of 38 and a rookie list of 6. Could very well be what happens.

That said I think that our 5th pick will be either Corey or Lockhart.

You can run a primary of 38 and a rookie list of 6. Could very well be what happens.

That said I think that our 5th pick will be either Corey or Lockhart.

If we got Wagner that late I'd be wrapped. If we get both even better.

I can't see what our plan is with only 4 half-decent picks and not a lot of decent delisted FA out there.
Pretty sure you can still sign delisted free agents, and then the pre season draft as well.

Sydney have often run with a primary list with open slots and taken extra rookies. It has created a strong culture up there of pushing to get promoted and they have a strong track record of developing their rookies into very good best 22 players (Grundy, Rampe, Smith, Jack, Papley, Lloyd, Ronke for example).

After reading this, 3 names stand out to me who may be available at our first two picks: Xavier O’Halloran, Sam Sturt, Curtis Taylor

I particularly like O'halloran. I'd take Ian Hill over Curtis Taylor though, guy is a freak. Think Brad Hill but tougher and more skillful.

Must be on the same plane PJ, I also very much like the looks of O'Halloran and Sturt
What seat number are you in?!?! Haha.

But in all seriousness, I think it is simply needs-basis - they sound like the outside midfielders, with pace and good foot skills, that we need.

If there was a key fwd in the 15-30 range, I'd be interested there too.

Hill, and the potential of the go-home factor, is a bit raw for me post-losing Jesse...

dont we have a small forward in our zone or academy or whatever its called. i cant find anything on it cause melbourne app isnt working. be sweet if someone could find something on tht

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with the bidding system heard something about points carrying over to next year are we able to keep 23 n 28 and use points next year for Toby? cause pay some of him off with 91 and rest next year thats obviously only if someone bids on him b4 our pick but sounds like he is gonna be around our picks

with the bidding system heard something about points carrying over to next year are we able to keep 23 n 28 and use points next year for Toby? cause pay some of him off with 91 and rest next year thats obviously only if someone bids on him b4 our pick but sounds like he is gonna be around our picks
With where he goes pick 54 might cover it with a discount

Current picks:
23, 28, 54, 62, 91, 109, 127

Current list slots: 7 primary, 1 rookie

Discuss all things draft here.
Use the first 4 picks, upgrade T Smith to the senior list then select 2 rookies methinks

You can go into a points deficit for the following year if you don't have enough points to match a bid. I don't think he's likely to attract a bid until a bit later on, so we'll be able to use 23 and 28 on whoever we want to, and can worry about matching points from 54 onwards.

I'm not 100% sure how the deficit things works, but I think its something like, if he gets a bid in the 4th round, and we don't have the points to pay for him, the shortfall of points will come off our 4th rounder the next year, and shift it back in the order accordingly

Also, 73 is the last pick that has points attached, so 91 is no good in that regard.

They were taking about Ian Hill on the radio yesterday.

Apparently he’s 175cm and 65kg. Would rather we find another Spargo than a guy who will take years to prep and probably goes home anyway.

What’s the deal with Toby Bedford?

You can go into a points deficit for the following year if you don't have enough points to match a bid. I don't think he's likely to attract a bid until a bit later on, so we'll be able to use 23 and 28 on whoever we want to, and can worry about matching points from 54 onwards.

I'm not 100% sure how the deficit things works, but I think its something like, if he gets a bid in the 4th round, and we don't have the points to pay for him, the shortfall of points will come off our 4th rounder the next year, and shift it back in the order accordingly

Also, 73 is the last pick that has points attached, so 91 is no good in that regard.
I am happy someone on here has a clue about this s**t , it is all beyond me .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back