List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was 8 years but yes, guy have likely over half his career to the club and could never be accused of half arsing it. Ridiculous comparison to Smith compromising the draft.

I was including the 2 years GC had in the NEAFL and then the VFL, he spent 10 years total signed for them I think but yes there's no comparison

Didn’t respond to my Wingard comment. Also don’t see how Smith being up front about his medical issues is any different to clubs having access to junior footy player medical history and doing psych evaluations

Yeah wingards a star who said he didn't wanna leave Adelaide and then took the opportunity to jump ship later in his career. He was full of s**t and this kid should have pulled out of the draft if he had medical issues. Any indigenous kid from WA could easily do the same thing now

Yeah wingards a star who said he didn't wanna leave Adelaide and then took the opportunity to jump ship later in his career. He was full of s**t and this kid should have pulled out of the draft if he had medical issues. Any indigenous kid from WA could easily do the same thing now
Why pull out of the draft? Interstate clubs are still free to take him. Should all players with mental health issues be removed from the draft if clubs identify said issues in psych evaluations?

Why pull out of the draft? Interstate clubs are still free to take him. Should all players with mental health issues be removed from the draft if clubs identify said issues in psych evaluations?

Because he comprises the draft by telling half the league he won't go there.
Your second statement is stupid, there's a difference between having a mental health issue and then having one where you decide where you wanna play when you are supposed to be open to any club.
Go an get treatment and come back to the draft when you are ready to enter it properly
You ignored my second point, what's to stop indigenous kids saying they don't wanna leave WA due to their family. Are only sad people allowed to stay with their family?
What if it was proven that drafting someone interstate contributed to mental health issues. Will they sue the AFL?

I would like to think with the remaining spot on our list, we use it on a mature tall such as Hayden Mclean from Sandy. 197cm forward ruckman who takes good contested marks bit like Cam Pederson use to. Hits the scoreboard aswell.

I was including the 2 years GC had in the NEAFL and then the VFL, he spent 10 years total signed for them I think but yes there's no comparison
#fakenews
GC never played in the NEAFL before going into the AFL. They had an U/18 team play in the TAC Cup in 2009 (basically just a QLD team), and then the VFL in 2010 ... May wasn't a part of either team, he joined them for their inaugural AFL season. ;)

I agree with your point tho, he'd given his all for 8 years (sometimes on his own in that regard), and as he himself has said, he'd have been unlikely to be still playing by the time they rebuild their list to have a crack at finals, it was his time to be selfish and chase some success. While that "selfishness" landed them a high end pick, who will still be playing when they join the finals race ... hopefully still for the Suns.

#fakenews
GC never played in the NEAFL before going into the AFL. They had an U/18 team play in the TAC Cup in 2009 (basically just a QLD team), and then the VFL in 2010 ... May wasn't a part of either team, he joined them for their inaugural AFL season. ;)

I agree with your point tho, he'd given his all for 8 years (sometimes on his own in that regard), and as he himself has said, he'd have been unlikely to be still playing by the time they rebuild their list to have a crack at finals, it was his time to be selfish and chase some success. While that "selfishness" landed them a high end pick, who will still be playing when they join the finals race ... hopefully still for the Suns.

Ha I figured that was probably true but I absoloutely couldn't be stuffed doing the research. Fair play.

Jay Lockhart looming as our second SSP player. You'd think we'd go for a tall forward/ruck though. We seem to be one short in that department.

Jay Lockhart looming as our second SSP player. You'd think we'd go for a tall forward/ruck though. We seem to be one short in that department.

Gawn
Preuss
Weideman
McDonald.T
Walker
Bradtke
Smith

7 blokes on the list who can play tall forward or ruck if they have too, I'm not sure why people keep perpetuating the myth we are short on talls

Walker is only 184cm tall. He'll be trial as a half back flanker.

Really? Thought he was a tall.
Still
We also have
Frost
Omac
Lever
Keilty
May
Petty

So that's 12 of our list that's tall.

If Gawn
May
Lever
Omac
Tmac
Weid are our talls that leaves 7 in the reserves. Don't know we would need anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the kid has some off field issues but just came across this regarding Marlion Pickett:

"A breakout performance in round six against Swan Districts showed why Pickett has recruiters excited. The tough nut asked for a switch into midfield from half-back this season to make the most of his pace and skills, and soon delivered a 30-possession – 21 of them contested – nine-clearance, seven-tackle, five-inside-50 and one-goal performance."

Fair game of football.

Because he comprises the draft by telling half the league he won't go there.
Your second statement is stupid, there's a difference between having a mental health issue and then having one where you decide where you wanna play when you are supposed to be open to any club.
Go an get treatment and come back to the draft when you are ready to enter it properly
You ignored my second point, what's to stop indigenous kids saying they don't wanna leave WA due to their family. Are only sad people allowed to stay with their family?
What if it was proven that drafting someone interstate contributed to mental health issues. Will they sue the AFL?
Drawing some kind of arbitrary link to WA indigenous kids isso ludicrous it didn’t deserve a response

Drawing some kind of arbitrary link to WA indigenous kids isso ludicrous it didn’t deserve a response

But being the only kid ever in history to choose where he is drafted isn't?
The indigenous kids have connections to tribes and parts of the land, communities and such. Why does this kid have a divine right.

Posting here because I think it's too early for a 2019 Draft Thread, but we currently have three prospects from next year's draft training with us.

Noah Anderson, Fraser Phillips, Charlie Dean are the guys - anybody know much of them?

From a quick google, i found:

Mods, feel free to move to a new thread if necessary.

Noah touted to go quite early too. Will be one to watch as in the past I'm fairly sure we've taken some of the players who have trained for us!

Is that McGyver’s kid?

* warning, random thought below.

I wonder how long it will be before admin staff are recognised as Father/son/daughter. I saw that kid Jack Mahoney and thought “I wonder if Josh Mahoney’s kid could play for the Dees?”. Now I have no idea if he’s got kids or what, but there would be a very good chance that Josh would consider himself a dee-man (see what I did there) now.

Another example is the trainer from the dogs with the massive moustache, who’s been their trainer, pretty much since they came into the league. Surely his kids deserve the opportunity to play for the dogs.

Stay tuned for more “Thoughts from the offseason”.

Last edited:
Another example is the trainer from the dogs with the massive moustache, who’s been their trainer, pretty much since they came into the league. Surely his kids deserve the opportunity to play for the dogs.
gary-zimmerman-cropped.jpg

He's been the Dogs' Doctor for the past 11+ years. Previously with Essendon and Richmond.

http://www.sportsmed.epworth.com.au/doctors/dr-gary-zimmerman/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back