List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA (Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides a class inside mid, what other positions are an area of need for your lot?

There are two very good inside mids in this years draft, unfortunately for you with your current draft positions, they're predicted to go picks one and two.

Looking at the current draft standings, you currently don't have many picks, just the two first rounders and mid to late third rounder.

I'm very interested to see if you go after some SA kids again this year.
I'm big fan of will gould ( his kicking range can go up to 60m) . Taheny is the next 1.85 m decent height and good left footer .

I am worried club will stack the rookie list with more academy player
I actually don't mind academy players but got to be Rookie B or Rookie A. Not Nutting and Graham in ND draft for automatically 2 years contract if they don't perform. I think GCS are pretty generous giving Heron and Dawson two years time to develop , at least now they can go to southport /Aspley state league with some money .

Where is our version of Neale who is off contract this year or next? I'm not delusional enough to think we are in the running for a player like Coniglio but I'm sure there are players out there that would at least be willing to listen to our pitch. Maybe we can target a player like Jacob Hopper from GWS?

Where is our version of Neale who is off contract this year or next? I'm not delusional enough to think we are in the running for a player like Coniglio but I'm sure there are players out there that would at least be willing to listen to our pitch. Maybe we can target a player like Jacob Hopper from GWS?
Caleb Daniel out of contract , hopper just signed two year deal last month .
1) Tomlinson 25
2) Brandon Ellis, 25
3)Tom Liberatore, 26
4)Matt Buntine, 25
5)Jed Bews, 25
6) Cunningham 25 .

Last edited:
Caleb Daniel out of contract , hopper just signed two year deal last month .
1) Tomlinson 25
2) Brandon Ellis, 25
3)Tom Liberatore, 26
4)Matt Buntine, 25
5)Jed Bews, 25
6) Cunningham 25 .

Is bews injured at the moment or just not getting picked by geelong.
Obviously got strong ties to the cats but we will need a harbrow replacement sometime soon.
Could be a decent cut priced option.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopper signed, I wish though kids going to be a superstar

I actually don't mind academy players but got to be Rookie B or Rookie A. Not Nutting and Graham in ND draft for automatically 2 years contract if they don't perform. I think GCS are pretty generous giving Heron and Dawson two years time to develop , at least now they can go to southport /Aspley state league with some money .
They have to pick at least two academy players a year to give hope to those in the system and justify the huge cost of having one , there are at least two players in your 2019 class I could see getting possessions and goals at afl
Level and Alex Davies in 2020 is an absolute gun

Just looking at Gold Coasts current draft picks. You don't have much in the way of draft picks this year to use in trades. You might have to split one of your first round picks for two second round picks if you are looking to trade in a decent trade target.

Most clubs, when trading out a player, tend to want a pick in that years draft in return. Unless it's a salary dump trade by the team trading out the player.

Is bews injured at the moment or just not getting picked by geelong.
Obviously got strong ties to the cats but we will need a harbrow replacement sometime soon.
Could be a decent cut priced option.

I think Bews had some OP issues after trying to train too hard .. he is 1-3 weeks away from VFL. He is a FA so if he appeals and you can convince him... he is yours. It would not be the first Bews to go North as his father Andrew went and played 5 years for the Lions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at Gold Coasts current draft picks. You don't have much in the way of draft picks this year to use in trades. You might have to split one of your first round picks for two second round picks if you are looking to trade in a decent trade target.

Most clubs, when trading out a player, tend to want a pick in that years draft in return. Unless it's a salary dump trade by the team trading out the player.

Unless it is a special case (like the Weller trade), just can't see us trading for anybody good enough to warrant a 2nd rounder or better.

Has to be in the right age bracket (24 and younger, probably), of good character so they add to the culture we are building, and willing to come to the Gold Coast without being seriously overpaid. Probably none in that group since players like that don't leave their existing club often. GWS has been a special case with a few younger players leaving for home and a few leaving for coin.

We have just done a complete reset of the club. Best option for us is to keep hitting the top end of the draft. Most of all we need young players who are on the way to be genuine A graders, and the best place to find them is up the pointy end.

Even if we lose a quality player or 2 this year (like Martin), just take the picks to the draft. Best way to build the club is from within.

I think Bews had some OP issues after trying to train too hard .. he is 1-3 weeks away from VFL. He is a FA so if he appeals and you can convince him... he is yours. It would not be the first Bews to go North as his father Andrew went and played 5 years for the Lions.

Disposal is his biggest issue right?
Pretty quick and hard at it from what I’ve seen.

Bonar may be an option

Especially with gws getting green in the draft this year.
Will be a hard inside mid rotation to break into.

Taranto
Hopper
Green
Hately
Coniglio
Caldwell
Bonar
Ward
De boer

Not to mention more outside players
Kelly
Whitfield
O’halloran

Anyone jealous?!!

Good opportunity to ask whether some of these guys want more opportunity up north.

Disposal is his biggest issue right?
Pretty quick and hard at it from what I’ve seen.

His dispossal is OK to my eyes , its more choices made under pressure imo. His best form has been when shutting down players like Betts when Betts was hot. Till this year there was no doubt he would be best22 imo..but the addition of players like Clark and the development of OConnor probably means he struggle to get games..

His dispossal is OK to my eyes , its more choices made under pressure imo. His best form has been when shutting down players like Betts when Betts was hot. Till this year there was no doubt he would be best22 imo..but the addition of players like Clark and the development of OConnor probably means he struggle to get games..
If he is willing to come I see him as good addition, not going to cost much either .

That sort of complicates a FA player ... you may have to trade for Bews or lose the Day comp
I don't think GCS will go hard getting Bews if Day not yet Resigned. Most probably looking at delisted or fridge player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back