List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely good friends with Scrimshaw but he alright signed an extension with GWS. No way we would ever be able to get him before 2020

That's ok we could just promise to get him and then give up our 2 x 2018 1st rd picks and say it's a good deal because of the 4 top 10 picks in 2016. Is that how it works?

I think the Suns make the Finals, so the 2018 pick will be around #13.

I reckon the Eagles get the Spoon because they went all in this year and will be in recovery mode, so #1.

Another poor year by the Suns and unexpected competitiveness by WC will still see mid-round picks anyway.

Success will reduce wantaways, so I'd hope for another year like 2016 with some clever FA acquisitions and 4 high draft picks.

Hey guys, a mate and i are keen to try and get a footy podcast up and going, we just uploaded the first ep and have based it around the trade period. Its our first attempt at anything like this but please have a look and enjoy :)

I think the Suns make the Finals, so the 2018 pick will be around #13.

I reckon the Eagles get the Spoon because they went all in this year and will be in recovery mode, so #1.

Another poor year by the Suns and unexpected competitiveness by WC will still see mid-round picks anyway.

Success will reduce wantaways, so I'd hope for another year like 2016 with some clever FA acquisitions and 4 high draft picks.
Dreaming if you think the Eagles will come last. I doubt we make the 8 either we have a ways to go yet.

Dreaming if you think the Eagles will come last. I doubt we make the 8 either we have a ways to go yet.

If you look at 2018 premiership odds as a guide GC would have a top 3 pick and WCE would be giving us a pick around 7-8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds more like it. I would say eagles around the 9 - 14 mark
Eagles in the bottom 6 is far from outlandish IMO.
I'd suggest 7-12 is where I'd expect to see WCE finish up. may drop that to more in line with Scotty depending on their draw.
Really dont think the big name players they lost were big contributers in ways that cannot be replaced. Priddis was a shadow of former self this year for example.
Nicnat back is a big deal. - assumes that he comes back close to the ability he had pre-acl which is a big call, given most players seem to have 12-18 really sub-par months post return to playing. (but most of these are playing 12 months after the initial injury -NN will be closer to 18 months)

I'd suggest 7-12 is where I'd expect to see WCE finish up. may drop that to more in line with Scotty depending on their draw.
Really dont think the big name players they lost were big contributers in ways that cannot be replaced. Priddis was a shadow of former self this year for example.
Yeah but who comes up to play that position to even half of what Priddis was? Ah chee? Kidding me.. they will struggle out of the middle

priddis played on HFF a lot this year, Sheed and to a lesser extent Duggan played his role a lot.
Funny you say that - Sheed somehow wound up in my AFL Fantasy team early in the season - scored me some good points and was still there at the end.
Like nobody knows us maybe we don't know West Coast... Think they'll be mid table somewhere.....

The Weagles only made the 8 by a late goal in the final game of the season in a game that the Crows tanked. They are hot garbage away from home and lost a hell of a lot of experience to retirements. Besides which, I did say that the Eagles could do better and the Suns worse, so a couple of Top 10 picks wouldn't be out of the question. If the Eagles and Suns both play finals I doubt we'll be complaining, while if the future pick from the Eagles doesn't turn out to be better than top 10 then the Suns gamble won't have paid off quite so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back