List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect Suns will want to draft 2 SA boys together but if we could also get Smith - that would make my day even if we trade May for the pick used on Smith. We need desperately a midfielder who breaks lines and has a great break away speed. He is like Dangerfield but with much better kick. Personally, I would pick Smith ahead of Walsh who also does not have great kick.

Don’t roast me here but honestly Andrew Boston and Ryan Davis looked really good for Southport, Boston was good for us initially, I think he kicked 4 against GWS in 2014. Davis was great in 2016 but did a bit of a Barlow in 2017 and played less. Seb Tape looked good in the back 50 as well. Wouldn’t mind picking Boston back up as a rookie.
I think your spot on, I think bostons time away from the big time has given him time to develop his game, picking him up as a mature aged draft/rookie I think would be really beneficial to any list.

I just get the feeling other clubs want us to take the King boys so they can all just get the players they want. The old “prevent the go home” factor is a huge possibility of backfiring into our face if both boys aren’t playing regular senior footy within the first year or two, which is highly likely. Look at Scrimshaw.
They all went to school together - mummy boys high

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just get the feeling other clubs want us to take the King boys so they can all just get the players they want. The old “prevent the go home” factor is a huge possibility of backfiring into our face if both boys aren’t playing regular senior footy within the first year or two, which is highly likely. Look at Scrimshaw.
Very good post , can see you care for the club , the problem are opposition supporters only want to either hear what they want or had no idea about GC academy players like Koenan and Graham . Don't waste time on them . I really believe Dew and Craig work together to draft the players that fit into Dew players development and game plan .

Bit of a left field suggestion, but what would Suns supporters opinion on drafting the King brothers at 2 and 3 instead be? Those boys are keen to play on the same team together and Gold Coast are best positioned to enable that. They'd have a lower flight risk and are highly rated (top 10 at least). Would securing long term prospects be enough to take them higher up the draft order?
We had an All Australian CHF who got frost bite the past 2 years with no supply. We need A grade mids.

I think your spot on, I think bostons time away from the big time has given him time to develop his game, picking him up as a mature aged draft/rookie I think would be really beneficial to any list.

Could use the 3rd afl charity pick on him but I think he’s happy at Southport they’re building/built something pretty tight there

Hailebury - Matthew Lloyd is the coaching director - last year they had the King twins, Brayshaw, LDU, Clavarino, Bonar and Stocker (will go top 20 in this draft)

Praise the taxpayer subsidising Religious Education, Praise Jesus and Praise Playing the Mummy Card at the first sign of adversity.

Some history for you...Haileybury won the title last year in the APS. Scotch College and Melbourne Grammar played the first ever game of what is now known as AFL. 90% of all decent players in Vic are offered scholarships to play for APS or AGS schools and in the draft pathway this level takes priority over TAC Cup. Tom Lynch (Adel) and Jack Gunstan went to Haileybury and several others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s true that Patton is being shipped around I wouldn’t mind putting up one of our second rounders for him. Probably on about 800K which we could absorb for GWS and he definitely suits our list needs right now. Only risk is another ACL could be likely

Can’t always be pleasing everyone
You should see what I just deleted out of respect for you
Your a good man Bods.
Can l just suggest getting angry and pissed is not always the best way to address obstacles. It was life changing for me when l discovered that. Trust me as an Ex Victorian they annoy the crap out of me too.

Bods you can give it too Religion and Private Schools all day .That's is your right.
The question is does it help our Football Club

Bods you can give it too Religion and Private Schools all day .That's is your right.
The question is does it help our Football Club

The relevancy to our footy club and I can’t answer the question (maybe you can) is that do these joints like the Haileybury/Matthew Lloyd combos of Melbourne and other places create higher probabilities of Flight Risk Recruits??

We all know that our PBC Boys Are rock solid and will stay until basically we show them the door eg Spencer

Hailebury - Matthew Lloyd is the coaching director - last year they had the King twins, Brayshaw, LDU, Clavarino, Bonar and Stocker (will go top 20 in this draft)

Like you said Lloyd was one of Scrimshaw coaches at Hailbury and he's been smashing Scrim all week on trade radio saying how unprofessional he's been on the Gold Coast and how he was never going to fit in up here.
The way Lloyd was talking it sounds like he was always going to struggle with the demands of being a professional athlete and that he pretty much needs a 24/7 babysitting

Like you said Lloyd was one of Scrimshaw coaches at Hailbury and he's been smashing Scrim all week on trade radio saying how unprofessional he's been on the Gold Coast and how he was never going to fit in up here.
He pretty much said he needs a 24/7 babysitting

Gee that is very interesting. Did he elaborate on why he would never fit in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back