List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all reports pick 6 and a later pick from Brisbane will get Neale and In turn hogan to freo and May to Melbourne. I reckon we are going to bend over and accept pick 6 for May

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then do we stand up and say nah. If we give up kk and May for 6 we are FitH

We should ask for the pick Brissie pass on to Freo as well

Im not sending may 18 24 to the saints for pick 4

Mays worth 4-5 himself.

May is worth pick 2-3 next year

If someone wants May they can pay for him!

I get that. I was half joking, half serious. I really want 4. If St Kilda would do May for 4 then great. I'd be willing to go a little extra. Plus who knows what we do with the list spots. I agree it was overs what I offering but also half joking.

I also haven't paid attention to next year's draft. How's Rankine/Smith rank against who could be had next year?

In a vacuum, a likely top 3 FA compo pick next draft is better. But this is not a vacuum or a fantasy team.

There is quite a bit of value in using pick 6 this year and letting May go a year early.
Get someone in and developing alongside the young guys. Avoid an almost pointless season from May. Plus, what if he gets injured and only signs a 2 year contract. We end up with pick 20 as compo.

Remember that also have draft night trading. Might be some interest in a King twin, might even get a first next year.

Now that Port have pick 5 do we offer 3 for 5 and 10?

If May goes then we wouldn’t have 2,5,6 and 10

Lukosius, Smith, Rozee and ? As Borat would say Niiiccceee
I think the risk all the way until draft day is that Adelaide jump up and grab the St Kilda pick 4. Rozee and Rankine would both come off the board before our pick leaving any planned Lukosius pairing stranded. Given we don't usually get a good reward with our risk-taking, I'm still inclined to stick with 2 & 3.

... now, if we somehow turn pick 6 (May) into 4??

Doesn't signing free agents change a comp pick? Just say we get a top 5 pick for May next year would that take us out of the running for free agents next year? Assuming they wanted to come to the Coast.

Now that Port have pick 5 do we offer 3 for 5 and 10?

If May goes then we wouldn’t have 2,5,6 and 10

Lukosius, Smith, Rozee and ? As Borat would say Niiiccceee
Then you got GWS problem again trying to keep them together because of salary Cap , what is the problem getting players At 11-30 that want to play for you with good attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC in trouble going to the room with Brisbane , Fremantle.

GC in trouble going to the room with Brisbane , Fremantle.

I hope he listens closely, nods as they speak and talk up pick 6 as a great outcome for the Suns and then he says "well I appreciate you trying to look after us boys, but Clayton is gone, so my counter offer is GAGF".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back