Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how Suns lose out with

Picks 1, 10, 13 Plus better Draft position in 2019 versus
Picks 2, 3, 6 with not as appealing draft position in 2019

2018 you will get best player in draft
2019 will have 2 Picks in the first 4 selections
Unfortunately your snookered - if we don't care if we get Walsh or Luko than you have nothing to offer us - this draft is better at the top than 2019 so these picks this year are worth significantly more.

The fairest deal I can think of is 3 and 6 for 1 and your 1st rd next year and I still wouldn't do it if I was the Suns

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly
Pick 1 has traditionally produced good average players(A to A- types)
Has there ever been a superstar from pick 1?
But
What you might expect from 2,3 and 6 is one superstar , one A grader and maybe one bust
And that's okay
Riewoldt

We're already getting Brisbanes first round next year.
So we've already got probably got two top 6 picks next year.

Prefer to get 3 top tier youngsters in now.

Get another 2 in next year.

Nick was the superior footballer. Only Richmond fans would argue otherwise.
No doubt he is superior, but nobody going to remember Gary Ablett lead GC , if Lukosius and Rankine/Rozee take GC to Top 8 before their departure to other team . You can't change history Nick retired .

No doubt he is superior, but nobody going to remember Gary Ablett lead GC , if Lukosius and Rankine/Rozee take GC to Top 8 before their departure to other team . You can't change history Nick retired .
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, but I can assure you people are going to remember Gary Ablett just as most people with any football sense will remember that Nick Riewoldt was and out and out star...
I'm hoping Luko is hslf... let's say three quarters of the player Nick was..

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, but I can assure you people are going to remember Gary Ablett just as most people with any football sense will remember that Nick Riewoldt was and out and out star...
I'm hoping Luko is hslf... let's say three quarters of the player Nick was..
What I am trying to said is no point keep talking about bad old day , you can't change it . You can talk about Ablett and Nick as much as you want , they past their due date . That is a fact.

*GC need quality and Quantity now to rebuild culture not a Nick Rieldwolt or Gary Ablett .

Last edited:
Exactly
Pick 1 has traditionally produced good average players(A to A- types)
Has there ever been a superstar from pick 1?
But
What you might expect from 2,3 and 6 is one superstar , one A grader and maybe one bust
And that's okay

It’s like who would you prefer?
Andy McGrath V Ainsworth, Scrimshaw and Bowes.

Or change that to Brodie instead of Scrimshaw and there’s no contest.

I don’t think Walsh is the standout pick 1 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick was the superior footballer. Only Richmond fans would argue otherwise.
The gap is closing

Nick at the moment would be ahead but Jack with 3 Coleman medals , Premiership are things that can not be discounted
Jack the last 2-3 years has gone to another level and probably still has 3-4 years ahead of him and the freedom of no longer having to be double teamed in our foward line. Love for Jack is growing amongst the football community not just Richmond

firstly Carlton want Walsh and Gold Coast want Lukosius so there is no benefit in getting #1 for the Gold Coast
#3 is worth more than #10+#13 , Port would be more than happy to give up #10 + #5 for #3 to take Rankine
#6 this year is just as valuable if not more than carlton's 2019 1st rounder likely to be #3-#6

Lukosius , Rankine , Smith/Rozee with an extra 12 months development is the way to go

Delisted free agents come into play very soon, anyone we may look at or offload?

Leslie may come or go.

Townsend could be one we may talk to, the type of hard edge tackling player we may look at.

Oxley could be another as a backup intercept player. Also a QLD local.

Delisted free agents come into play very soon, anyone we may look at or offload?

Leslie may come or go.

Townsend could be one we may talk to, the type of hard edge tackling player we may look at.

Wouldn't take any of those DFA unless it was via the rookie list

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s like who would you prefer?
Andy McGrath V Ainsworth, Scrimshaw and Bowes.

Or change that to Brodie instead of Scrimshaw and there’s no contest.

I don’t think Walsh is the standout pick 1 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep
Too much riding on getting your one wish wrong
That's why they give you 3 in the fairy tales

Leslie may come or go.

Good question , with limited spot available in senior list but two extra in Rookie A and one in Rookie B , i would presume GC recruiters wait until Rookie Draft .

Hartung is a Prima Donna player , I doubt GC give him a third chance after Hawthorn and North . Attitude problem

Another we may look at, someone like Hartaung who played pretty well for NM this season, could be good to bring in for some outside run we may have lost with Hall leaving.

Hell no - Clarko and Brad Scott have kicked him to the curb.

Can run but undersized and can't kick - doesn't offer anything in terms of character or leadership from all reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back