List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing about the Shiel deal was they actually had to get Dodo out of the room to finalise the deal.

Don't know whether GWS had had enough of him by then or he wasn't man enough to swallow his pride and take the L himself.

Send him to the draft rather than take a 2nd rd pick.

Hoping that having Harbs as a positive influence and having negative influences out of the club that he will buy in to being with an extremely tight knit club.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
With Jack out of contract next year, it won't be just Essendon bidding for him. I'm sure if West Coast or even Freo come after him Jack might find the lure of his home state more appealing. He's got to be worthy of a top 15 pick at the very least. He is silk and still only 23. I'd be demanding a top five/ten pick as a starting point in negotiations.

Jackson Hately will be living on the Gold Coast with at least 3 other South Australians boys selected from this years draft.
With one being a mature aged recruit.
Suns Craig Cameron should be careful on who's around when he speaks.
from the draft rumours thread, take that as you will.
i like the look of hately, so if we drafted him alongside luko & rozee (pairing with burgess also from SA) that's a pretty decent haul.

i like the look of hately, so if we drafted him alongside luko & rozee (pairing with burgess also from SA) that's a pretty decent haul.

I think this would be great. All seem top kids on & off the field and will continue to build strong bonds together.
Leave Rankine to fester away @ Port with pick 5. Talented kid but just gives me too much Wingard vibe?

If you are picking Rozee and Hately at 3 and 6 you are overpaying, based on general public draft perception.

There would be merit in downgrading slightly those picks to nab another pick at 15/16 from an SA team.

If you are picking Rozee and Hately at 3 and 6 you are overpaying, based on general public draft perception.

There would be merit in downgrading slightly those picks to nab another pick at 15/16 from an SA team.

yeah i think that's what would be implied. all the mock drafts don't seem to rate hately too highly so could see some draft pick trading going down.

Unless Cameron knows each and every clubs draft plan I call bull s**t

Last edited:
With Jack out of contract next year, it won't be just Essendon bidding for him. I'm sure if West Coast or even Freo come after him Jack might find the lure of his home state more appealing. He's got to be worthy of a top 15 pick at the very least. He is silk and still only 23. I'd be demanding a top five/ten pick as a starting point in negotiations.

Wouldn't worry about Jack Martin leaving just yet. This is an extract from our Blumour No Discussion Thread.

Take it with a grain of salt, but at the end of the day, GC were making massive cuts to their list to get rid of players they didn't see as part of their future including May and Lynch. I'd imagine if Martin wanted out, they would have let him go. Time will tell I guess.

Messaged one of my GC contacts.

On Jack Martin to Carlton: "It would take massive overs. We wouldn't accept Essendon's pick 9 and any of the players they offered. He hasn't given us any signs that he wants out. It was Essendon thinking they could raid us. **** Essendon."

Funny reading on the Port draft board that apparently Rankine has been in some incident at a party and they are thinking that he will now slip to the Crows at 8 or Port's pick 10.

Sounds like a Charlie Curnow pre-draft "incident" to get him to drop down the order.

The AFL need to incetivise players to want to go as high in the draft as possible with cash bonuses outside the cap - $100k for #1, $90k for #2, etc...

Funny reading on the Port draft board that apparently Rankine has been in some incident at a party and they are thinking that he will now slip to the Crows at 8 or Port's pick 10.

Sounds like a Charlie Curnow pre-draft "incident" to get him to drop down the order.

The AFL need to incetivise players to want to go as high in the draft as possible with cash bonuses outside the cap - $100k for #1, $90k for #2, etc...

#JackDarling

Clubs aren't falling for that stuff still surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i was Gold Coast i would tell him Mr Rankine you are our #3 pick
get used to it as its not changing
I would like our draft a hell of a lot better if we went best available at 3 (Rankine) and just wait on Rozee / Smith or Caldwell at 6.

If you got all the SA boys together I would like the idea of the club getting a really nice big palatial house for the boys (Metricon sponsorship) and throw them in there (Ballard as well) with the most professional player who we can get in there with them to show them how it's done (get Touk and his Mrs to move in - apparently he is an awesome cook).

Also mentioned in the article we are looking at former pie and qlder Josh Smith
The Suns are also looking at former Collingwood player Josh Smith, a diligent trainer and versatile player who was used on both the half-forward and half-back flanks and the wing at the Magpies.

At a club wanting to lift training standards and depth, Smith presents as a useful addition.

I would like our draft a hell of a lot better if we went best available at 3 (Rankine) and just wait on Rozee / Smith or Caldwell at 6.

If you got all the SA boys together I would like the idea of the club getting a really nice big palatial house for the boys (Metricon sponsorship) and throw them in there (Ballard as well) with the most professional player who we can get in there with them to show them how it's done (get Touk and his Mrs to move in - apparently he is an awesome cook).

The carlton board seem to think a pick 1 for 3 and 6 is possible. Is this a possibility , it is a massive rip off if that is the case. I assume just delusional Carlton supporters.

The carlton board seem to think a pick 1 for 3 and 6 is possible. Is this a possibility , it is a massive rip off if that is the case. I assume just delusional Carlton supporters.

From Fox Footy.....

Cameron is guarded about his club’s intentions, but said the likely price tag of two of the Suns’ early picks in return for No. 1 would be too steep to consider.

“I’m pretty confident that we’ll go to the draft with the selections that we’ve got now … then we’ll just see what happens on the night.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back