List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH they should really increase the draft age to 19 or 20. Expecting 18 year olds to fall in to a completely professional system straight from high school is a lot. Have them play a year or 2 in local footy against men before they are picked up. Would increase the quality of local footy and possibly increase attendance numbers. Would also give them some idea of how to play against full grown men.
Totally agree. Works well in NBA and would boost the local competitions heaps. They are scarily irrelevant these days.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching Bulldog game , what can Wallis dalhaus bring to GC , Lyons and Swallow , Miller ,florini can't?
I would take them in a heartbeat and you don't have to give up anything for them

Was an ok return game for Wallis in a very young team with 2 players down at halftime.

Wallis Ended up with 13 disposals 10 contested 6 tackels and 2 goals

Dahlhaus 24 disposals 16 contested 5 clearances 8 score involvements

I would take them in a heartbeat and you don't have to give up anything for them

Was an ok return game for Wallis in a very young team with 2 players down at halftime.

Wallis Ended up with 13 disposals 10 contested 6 tackels and 2 goals

Dahlhaus 24 disposals 16 contested 5 clearances 8 score involvements
You are not watching the match. I don't want number or stats , I want good skill , decision making . Players that can show something different from Swallow , Miller . what Wallis offer is the same as Holman and Young before their form dip . As for dalhaus , Lyons and Swallow are doing a better jobs .

Dahlhaus would be good, Wallis I'm not sure about.
Where you put him ?
Right now Lyons, Miller , Swallow are your first team . If you play Dalhaus the position Holman and Young HF pressure type he will get the same number as them .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where you put him ?
Right now Lyons, Miller , Swallow are your first team .
Showed in his earlier years to be able to get forward and kick a few snags.

Miller is a great honest player, but he doesn't have a lot of tricks.

Miller, Lyons and Swallow are also all too similar as players IMO.

Also depth is great to have you can rotate Dahlhaus through half forward and the midfield.

Showed in his earlier years to be able to get forward and kick a few snags.

Miller is a great honest player, but he doesn't have a lot of tricks.

Miller, Lyons and Swallow are also all too similar as players IMO.

Also depth is great to have you can rotate Dahlhaus through half forward and the midfield.
I though we are saving that role for Martin and Ainsworth , anyways rumours from main board said Geelong will be his destination . I just don't want time spend on hiking his price up but he don't actually want to come, part of what players agent do , Weller is a good example going on national radio and GC had to paid a bit more to get it done . GC need realistic target not player taking the club for a ride .

Where you put him ?
Right now Lyons, Miller , Swallow are your first team . If you play Dalhaus the position Holman and Young HF pressure type he will get the same number as them .
You are quick to shoot down everyone's opinions and ideas but you bring none of your own to the table

You are quick to shoot down everyone's opinions and ideas but you bring none of your own to the table
Go all out and get Wallis , Miles and Dalhaus then .Everything you suggest I said yes . I played the yes man role .:thumbsu: . All your opinion are all great . I see no wrong in suggesting that what GC had right now is equal to these players you suggest , if they are better they won't be drop and play VFL in the first place .

Go all out and get Wallis , Miles and Dalhaus then .Everything you suggest I said yes . I played the yes man role .

Go all out ? We give up nothing for them free agents and delisted

And again you bring nothing to the table.
Come on then who should we go for that we can realistically get ?

And again you bring nothing to the table.
Come on then who should we go for that we can realistically get ?
Keep your squad , Florini signed on , the next step going to be Swallow ,Martin,ah Chee ,lyons,May extension don't leave everything to the last minute until next year when their contract either end or FA. why players leave in the first place Money ? You keep on saying no need to paid , jeez how you keep you players if you going to paid outsider more than your current players . If you can paid for other club FA , other club will also Go for your FA .

Keep your squad , Florini signed on , the next step going to be Swallow ,Martin,ah Chee ,lyons,May extension don't leave everything to the last minute until next year when their contract either end or FA. why players leave in the first place Money ? You keep on saying no need to paid , jeez how you keep you players if you going to paid outsider more than your current players . If you can paid for other club FA , other club will also Go for your FA .

I'm sorry but I have a lot of trouble trying to understand what you mean....but that's ok cause I'm an ole fart and have the same amount of trouble trying to understand what my wife means.....but back to the point in hand. Gcsunsfan asked you who you think we should be able to entice to come up here but you didn't answer him/her. I would be pleased to know who you think we should be going after.....

can someone translate ?

can someone translate ?
Other club will raid your players in 2019 when May and Swallow become free agent , so is players out of contract in 2019 , if they are underpaid like current Adelaide Mitch Mcgowan situation compare to players trade in .

I'm sorry but I have a lot of trouble trying to understand what you mean....but that's ok cause I'm an ole fart and have the same amount of trouble trying to understand what my wife means.....but back to the point in hand. Gcsunsfan asked you who you think we should be able to entice to come up here but you didn't answer him/her. I would be pleased to know who you think we should be going after.....
I think we should concentrate on the current squad situation before going for any FA . You need your core team to believe they can help the club , yes there is some result which were bad , but people need to take into account new game plan and the travel these players had , just because players are free agent does not mean they are better or can instantly learn a new game plan when you trade in , as all these players mention (Miles , Willis , Dalhaus ) are second rated players and not superstar . The current best 18 players GC had will get better if they continue to gel and work on the game plan .
1) keep your best and Foundation players with good offer .
2) Anything left over can concentrate on FA ,if any .
3) Be prepare to lose someone in your team if your trade in players underperform with high wages .

Last edited:
we could be waiting a while mate he's avoiding my question

we could be waiting a while mate he's avoiding my question
We should prioritize drafting mature state league players instead of paying over for all these players you mention .

Miles was rookie listed by Richmond after GWS let him go .
----+----+++-----
Miles would manage just three AFL appearances in 2013, with averages of 13 disposals four tackles and four marks.[7] He did however kick his first career goal in a round 9 loss to Hawthorn at York Park.[8]

At the conclusion of the 2013 season the Giants decided not to offer Miles a new contract. Efforts to move him during the trade period all failed and he was later de-listed by the club.[1] He had played ten games across two seasons.
Miles was subsequently drafted by the Richmond Football Club with the club's second pick and 27th pick overall in the 2014 Rookie Draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back