List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont worry about their first pre-season. If King becomes Joe Daniher v2, or better, then it wont matter if he misses a couple months of his first preseason.
The word IF scare me off. I don't believe IF anymore , IF they turn out to be Jake Watts and Jacob weithering instead of Daniher and Harry Taylor .

yes, the midfielders are less risky propositions. but if u want a gun KPF, then history says you will prob need to use a top pick to take them.
They are twins thought .
Lukosius + ( Sam Walsh /Smith)
( Sam Walsh /Smith ) + Ben king
In my opinion gave the team more flexibility . If

Last edited:
yes, the midfielders are less risky propositions. but if u want a gun KPF, then history says you will prob need to use a top pick to take them.
I think that’s becoming less the case, the last few top kp players have been ordinary. Understand they take time but I’d be more confortable taking them mid to late first round.

I’ve said mids to, just saying nothing is a sure thing when it comes to drafting
Of course not , but knowing GC not yet solve medical and Conditioning department why add another ACL player in .

I think that’s becoming less the case, the last few top kp players have been ordinary. Understand they take time but I’d be more confortable taking them mid to late first round.

Must be very careful over simplifying it to: "the last few KPF's were busts, therefore the next few will be".

Kings + Lukosius are very very different players to what Schace, Boyd and McCartin were. They must be assessed on their own merit. We can use history to help us make more informed decisions, but we shouldnt use it blindly.

Basically we need to use probabilistic thinking in order to make our decisions, or more specifically a Bayesian approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we need any more kpp
I don't mind KPP , but they need to show more than or different what GC have. Looking at Richmond model they went for CCJ , Balta and Ben Miller in last year draft for Tall but none of them Debut. The only real reason I like Lukosius is he is different to what GC have (2MP , Crossley, Sam Day) , and create speration in the forward line . Could he turn out like Jack Watt - possible ,but if he turn out as mixture of Jack and Nick Ridewolt you got a bargain at pick 3.

Last edited:
I don’t think we need any more kpp
I'm not so sure. We have one at the moment (Leslie) running around at 2s level. Especially if Lynch leaves, we're running thin. I'm of the school of thought you need some running around in the reserves in case we get injuries (and we will).

Imagine if we didn't get 2MP because at the time we had Charlie Dixon and Tom Lynch. Dixon left a year later, it would have been Lynch, Day and then nothing. :grimace

I wouldn't be against getting top flight mids though and then seeing what KPP is available later on in the draft.

At the top end of the draft, the footy dept people need to do the work on the players then just take the highest rated players they can.

If they are kpp, use the rest of the picks on mids.
But take the best players at the pointy end, whatever position they play.

Who knows what the playing group will look like in 3 or 4 years time anyway, when, if they are any good, they will be getting ready to have an impact.

I'm not so sure. We have one at the moment (Leslie) running around at 2s level. Especially if Lynch leaves, we're running thin. I'm of the school of thought you need some running around in the reserves in case we get injuries (and we will).

Imagine if we didn't get 2MP because at the time we had Charlie Dixon and Tom Lynch. Dixon left a year later, it would have been Lynch, Day and then nothing. :grimace

I wouldn't be against getting top flight mids though and then seeing what KPP is available later on in the draft.

Probably the best under the radar draft pick from 2017 was the Swans getting Tom McCartin at pick 33. He was the youngest kid selected in the draft and is probably the best key forward selected and is going to be seriously good.

A kid I think that could be good that you may be able to get later in the draft is Hugo Munn from SA - big unit and who can clunk the ball and can kick, both for goal and in general play - has also played back at times. If we end up taking more than 4 non-academy kids in the draft he's a guy you may be able to snag with our last pick as a late 2nd / early 3rd and let develop in the NEAFL for 1-2 years.

I'm not against this.
2013 draft had Tom Boyd at pick 1.
Later in that draft you had
29 - Lobb
35- Nankervis
41- Jake Kolo
43- Barass
47- Ben Brown

Plenty of KPP later in the draft. I'm not confident that Boyd is any better than those in hindsight

Probably the best under the radar draft pick from 2017 was the Swans getting Tom McCartin at pick 33. He was the youngest kid selected in the draft and is probably the best key forward selected and is going to be seriously good.

A kid I think that could be good that you may be able to get later in the draft is Hugo Munn from SA - big unit and who can clunk the ball and can kick, both for goal and in general play - has also played back at times. If we end up taking more than 4 non-academy kids in the draft he's a guy you may be able to snag with our last pick as a late 2nd / early 3rd and let develop in the NEAFL for 1-2 years.
I rather try Nathan kreugar or Jordan Buts both not drafted last year and can play either end .

I'm not against this.
2013 draft had Tom Boyd at pick 1.
Later in that draft you had
29 - Lobb
35- Nankervis
41- Jake Kolo
43- Barass
47- Ben Brown

Plenty of KPP later in the draft. I'm not confident that Boyd is any better than those in hindsight
Most of them are Forward / Ruck . I am looking for Nick rieldwolt or Jack rieldwolr Type who can drag defender out playing wing and let 2mp and Crossley type take contested mark . Forward line speration . Instead of always long bomb , kick to the players on the lead .

Most of them are Forward / Ruck . I am looking for Nick rieldwolt or Jack rieldwolr Type who can drag defender out playing wing and let 2mp and Crossley type take contested mark . Forward line speration . Instead of always long bomb , kick to the players on the lead .
My list was just an example of taller KPP types that aren't taken early in a draft but have become good players.

My list was just an example of taller KPP types that aren't taken early in a draft but have become good players.

That is why I suggested people should look around State league for players miss out on draft , apart from KOLO and Barras the other three areare eit 19 years old or 20 years in their draft year.

Ben Brown- VFL ( overlooked for three draft)
Lobb - WAFL ( Swan District )

Narkevis (TFL)
Nankervis was draft eligible in 2012,

That's the role I see Day most suited for. His delivery inside 50 is pretty good and the bloke has a tank. Marking outside 50 isn't bad but it's like he has an allergic reaction when he crosses the 50m arc. Can't mark or kick in there.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have to agree with those saying we don't necessarily need to draft talls with our early pick/s. Both Graham (194cm) and Koenen (194cm) should set us up nicely in terms of tall depth on our list. I'd really like to see us address our biggest issue and draft tough, ball-winning inside mids with our top picks. Bailey Scott will be a good start but once you add in Walsh and Rankine/Smith, you start to get excited about our midfield depth as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back