List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why we just don’t take best player like giants and lions do if they want to leave after first contract we trade them for value.. we always seem to go for mid ranked players for the non go home then if they want to leave and not worth much than a late pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My strategy will be getting Mature age State league in the third round and the rookie Draft , with Vic media don't rate GC academy kids a lot of them will fall into B Rookie category. At least Saad still get GC a second Rd pick as mature age rookie player from Clayton pick.

My strategy will be getting Mature age State league in the third round and the rookie Draft , with Vic media don't rate GC academy kids a lot of them will fall into B Rookie category. At least Saad still get GC a second Rd pick as mature age rookie player from Clayton pick.

I think you’re right if we have a fit 22/25 players we’re okay it’s the depth we need.. our depth seem to be first or second year inexperienced players or mature injured players

If Nic Nat did do his ACL.
Its bad for AFL fans in general.

But would fully derail WC season.
Watch them drop down to ladder.

The GC trade with WC will start to look better.

Be nice if they dropped out of the 8...
8th needs to pick up 3 more wins on WC

I’m starting to think you are a curse on us for two reasons
A-since losing Nic Nat WCE have run all over the Pies
B-I wanted to jump through the Internet and wring your neck last night when at halftime you were singing our praises and talking about “how proud” you were.

I’m watching you Mr. Don’t be a curse.

I’m starting to think you are a curse on us for two reasons
A-since losing Nic Nat WCE have run all over the Pies
B-I wanted to jump through the Internet and wring your neck last night when at halftime you were singing our praises and talking about “how proud” you were.

I’m watching you Mr. Don’t be a curse.

:(

Ima zip it.

If Nic Nat did do his ACL.
Its bad for AFL fans in general.

But would fully derail WC season.
Watch them drop down to ladder.

The GC trade with WC will start to look better.

Be nice if they dropped out of the 8...
8th needs to pick up 3 more wins on WC
West Coast at least have a second ruckman who would be the first choice ruckman at at least 6 clubs. Sure its a loss, but its not like Melbourne losing Gawn or Adelaide losing Jacobs.

We should ban our recruitment team from any future draft speculative deals, it should be called the “bird in the hand” rule as we are s**t at it

1. We traded pick 3 and 10 for 6 and Melbourne’s first the next year which I think ended up as pick 9, this deal is obviously bad from a point perspective but it also cost us Oliver ( exactly the type of player we need) and we used our downgrade on Ah Chee

2. The West coast deal, 4 x 2nd rounders for at present a 5 spot upgrade in the first round, nothing short of disastrous. And we did this deal supposedly to give it to Freo for Weller but didn’t bother to ask if they would accept it. Plus we then gave up pick 2 MIND BOGGLING

These are 2 of the worst trades in AFL history, no more speculative picks

We should ban our recruitment team from any future draft speculative deals, it should be called the “bird in the hand” rule as we are s**t at it

1. We traded pick 3 and 10 for 6 and Melbourne’s first the next year which I think ended up as pick 9, this deal is obviously bad from a point perspective but it also cost us Oliver ( exactly the type of player we need) and we used our downgrade on Ah Chee

2. The West coast deal, 4 x 2nd rounders for at present a 5 spot upgrade in the first round, nothing short of disastrous. And we did this deal supposedly to give it to Freo for Weller but didn’t bother to ask if they would accept it. Plus we then gave up pick 2 MIND BOGGLING

This is a great point. How about (for once) we just use the first round picks we already have on a draft class that is widely accepted as being one of the strongest in the last decade? Let's bring in the A grade talent now and actually commit to building something NOW, not an undefined future date that will probably end up screwing us over later down the track. Let's bring in picks 2 & 3 this year and back Dewy to develop them into superstars. I'm sick of our recruitment team constantly choosing future currency over current top end prospects. After 8 years of waiting, I want something NOW. We literally have not brought in a top 3 pick since 2010 but this year will be the fourth time we've finished bottom 3 since inception.

Look at what Brisbane have done with Rayner & McCluggage and you'll see where we are going wrong by trading our top 3 picks away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would nominate the Hawks trading a future 1st and 2 x 2nds for pick 10 as part of the Jaeger O'Meara deal but they got their man so at least they got something out of their deal.

The deal saw the Saints give up their pick No.10 and 68 at last year's draft for picks 23, 36 and the Hawks' first pick in the 2017 draft.

Absolutely spot on. The bird in the hand call is correct. Takes time for guys to mature so future draft picks is just dumb. You never ever see successful clubs trying to stockpile future draft picks. It’s no wonder we are s**t.

That west coast trade in particular was mind boggling.

They justified it also by saying we didn’t need those 2nd rounder picks (which we stupidly stockpiled from previous years) as we wanted to draft the academy guys and thus didn’t have list spots. For mine Nutting and crossley could have been taken as rookies and we could have used 2 picks in the 20s, Tim Kelly says hello.

And my mail is that rischatelli definitely will be offered 1 more year.

The chat about getting McVeigh up here as a hodge type deal is strange too. Tried it with Malceski and you could argue that Barlow Rosa were brought in for experience and mentoring also.

Puzzling

This is a great point. How about (for once) we just use the first round picks we already have on a draft class that is widely accepted as being one of the strongest in the last decade? Let's bring in the A grade talent now and actually commit to building something NOW, not an undefined future date that will probably end up screwing us over later down the track. Let's bring in picks 2 & 3 this year and back Dewy to develop them into superstars. I'm sick of our recruitment team constantly choosing future currency over current top end prospects. After 8 years of waiting, I want something NOW. We literally have not brought in a top 3 pick since 2010 but this year will be the fourth time we've finished bottom 3 since inception.

Look at what Brisbane have done with Rayner & McCluggage and you'll see where we are going wrong by trading our top 3 picks away.

But But "we don't want just one premiership, we want to create a dynasty"....isn't that what Clayton told us :rolleyes:

Look at the steaming pile of s**t you've left us Scotty.

Agree with you 100% GC2015

Big game from our newest recruit (fingers crossed!) Jake Lloyd today. Could be a masterstroke from our new recruitment team if we're able to secure him this off season!
He played a very good game today.
I thought he would struggle without McVeigh out there but he didn't miss a beat.

Newman was ok but loved aliir aliir's game he just keeps getting better and better

Last edited:
He played a very good game today.
I thought he would struggle without McVeigh out there but he didn't miss a beat.

Newman was ok but loved aliir aliir's game he just keeps getting better and better
Indeed. Aliir lived in Brisbane from the ages of 7-18 so he may also be gettable as a "local" but at this point I'm definitely interested in Lloyd and hope we're a fair way down the track to securing him. Not sure we have even enquired about Aliir but for sure we're asking the questions about Lloyd and Josh Thomas. I'd be relatively happy if we secured both Lloyd and Thomas over the off season while still keep our three first rounders. Cherry on the cake would probably be Bailey Scott nominating us over North and Geelong.

Indeed. Aliir lived in Brisbane from the ages of 7-18 so he may also be gettable as a "local" but at this point I'm definitely interested in Lloyd and hope we're a fair way down the track to securing him. Not sure we have even enquired about Aliir but for sure we're asking the questions about Lloyd and Josh Thomas. I'd be relatively happy if we secured both Lloyd and Thomas over the off season while still keep our three first rounders. Cherry on the cake would probably be Bailey Scott nominating us over North and Geelong.
We should definitely be looking to bring back as many talented maroons as we can.

89Pa8CH.jpg

o3UmDBh.jpg

Gee I hope we get this kid Sam Walsh.
Wouldn't mind getting ned also they seem like they are very close.
both player last year with Josh Jaska at Geelong falcons

Last edited:
A few more positives on Lloyd
  • He's 24 years old
  • He has played over 100 games
  • He has played in 10 finals matches already (including 2 grand finals)
  • He has been very durable (played 20+ games every season since being drafted)
  • He already has a good relationship with Dew
  • He appears to be entering his prime as a player
Plenty of reasons for us to be heavily invested in recruiting him. Just like last year with Weller, I really like his durability. We need guys that are going to stay out on the park for a full season!

Gee I hope we get this kid Sam Walsh.
Wouldn't mind getting ned also they seem like they are very close.
both player last year with Josh Jaska at Geelong falcons

Not sure if you guys caught the game last night in brisbane but there was a piece with Dangerfield and they were talking about Sam Walsh
Dangerfield : The kid just reminds me so much of Joel Selwood as a player and leader

We should definitely be looking to bring back as many talented maroons as we can.

89Pa8CH.jpg

o3UmDBh.jpg

Throw the book at them both, outside of Lloyd these two should be our priorities. Aliir was insanely good today from what I saw he single handedly defeated North today, his run off half back and out of the back line tore North apart, his disposal was clean, his intercept marking was phenomenal and his goal in the dying stages to seal the game was breathtaking. This guy is a genuine match winner. A lot of potential.

The amount of player Sydney Drafted from Rookie Draft were amazing , don't really need a lot of import from other team .
Jake Llyod
Ronke
Daniel Robinson
Rampe
Newman
Papley
Cunningham
Robbie Fox
Harrison Mash
Coolio O Riodon
Nick Smith

Status