List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on, but I'd say Charlie Ballard on track to be the best pick 42 in the past 10 years

One guy has some ground on him, but hasn't delivered on his potential. Hopefully Charlie can!
A Tasmanian left foot half back flanker
Any guesses?

Early on, but I'd say Charlie Ballard on track to be the best pick 42 in the past 10 years

One guy has some ground on him, but hasn't delivered on his potential. Hopefully Charlie can!
Any guesses?

Is he a Jack Scrimshaw clone?

Josh Thomas just signed on for 3 years with the Pies - starting to run out of senior trade options

jack steven 2007 draft another 42
be amazing if charlie could reach a similar standing

Josh Thomas has maintained some Queensland roots
Owns a house in Brisbane
Apparently quite an intelligent guy
Playing quite well this year

17 possessions, 3 marks, 3 tackles
1.7 goals a game
Has 27 goals already so far this year

Any guesses?
I liked Charlie Ballard in the draft and he has alot of fans and most had him going #20-#25 on our board in the phantom draft
You guys really got a bargain there and he will be a good player for years - Well done

Josh Thomas just signed on for 3 years with the Pies - starting to run out of senior trade options
Not sure about other , Good news to me , he is a good player but I don't think he will help GC .

Josh Thomas at Collingwood, reportedly signed 3 year deal to stay with the pies according to JRalph on the couch tonight. So I guess he won't be part of any deals to get to Gold Coast.
Jon Ralph also said high performance manager justin cordy will likely be moved on at season end doesn't get on with Dew

Jon Ralph also said high performance manager justin cordy will likely be moved on at season end doesn't get on with Dew
I don't recall "not getting on" part? Regardless, it's hard to see we have been high performing under Cordy's tenure in regards to the strength and conditioning side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was my understanding that the players were raving about Cordy and his individual plans when he arrived. I know the Dogs were pissed to lose him.

All sounds like a scapegoat or he wants to get fired
Yeah cordy was supposed to be a big improvement. Im worried we can only go backwards from here.

A lot of new faces at the club in the top positions.

Normal for most of the holdovers to move on, as the new decision makers bring in their own people.

As a club with a relatively small footy department budget, that movement for us will happen at the end of contracts. Don't want to be paying anyone out if we can help it.

Sometimes people are moved on, sometimes they want to move on themselves. Not everyone gets along, even if they do the job well.

Cordy was a significant improvement over what we had at the time (which was very very poor). We continually had soft tissue injuries to players and had problems bringing people back from injury. I think Cordy fixed these problems quite well and also remember when he was lauded. Most of our injuries these days appear to be more impact based ones.

It's hard to see with Evans in charge that our strength and conditioning department goes back to what it was.

Campbell Brown made a good point (I know, I was surprised too), when he commented on the turnover of fitness staff in the early years at the Suns. We seemed to change the guy in charge every year. The Weapon concentrated on building muscle mass, then the next year Weller focused on endurance, then Schwerdt focused on sprinting. The players need consistency. If you've been putting on muscle, then you focus on endurance, you get injuries. If your focus is endurance & you start sprint work, you get injuries.

Cordy came in & we were hoping he'd be able to straighten that out, but still the injuries hit. Very frustrating. If we do replace him, I hope they can build on what he was doing, rather than just chuck it all out & start again.

Carlton don’t have to ask for a priority pick, the AFL can hand them one if they think they require one. The way they are travelling they probably need half a dozen of them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually a club does have to ask. It's in the AFL rules. We've been through this on the Lions board already. Now, there is nothing stopping the AFL to tell Carlton to apply for one, wink wink nudge nudge.

I come in peace with a crazy trade suggestion...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.

And for some reason this just clicked for me. Who is one young potential star that remains unsigned and might, just might agree to a move to the Gold Coast?

Melbourne make a play for Tom Lynch, do a deal with Gold Coast that sees Gold match the contract and Melbourne put Angus Brayshaw on the table, plus their 2019 first round pick (Adelaide owns Melbourne's 2018 first round pick), plus maybe something else.

Gold Coast get that big bodied mid in the right age group that their midfield needs, plus they can still draft a tall or another mid with their first pick, still have West Coasts 2018 first round pick and now Melbourne's 2019 first round pick to add to their own, what we all imagine will be another early 2019 draft pick.

The risk of course is would Brayshaw move north. He does have his older brother up he, albeit in Brisbane. And will Gold Coast gamble on a mid who has had some serious concussion history.

I come in peace with a crazy trade suggestion...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.

And for some reason this just clicked for me. Who is one young potential star that remains unsigned and might, just might agree to a move to the Gold Coast?

Melbourne make a play for Tom Lynch, do a deal with Gold Coast that sees Gold match the contract and Melbourne put Angus Brayshaw on the table, plus their 2019 first round pick (Adelaide owns Melbourne's 2018 first round pick), plus maybe something else.

Gold Coast get that big bodied mid in the right age group that their midfield needs, plus they can still draft a tall or another mid with their first pick, still have West Coasts 2018 first round pick and now Melbourne's 2019 first round pick to add to their own, what we all imagine will be another early 2019 draft pick.

The risk of course is would Brayshaw move north. He does have his older brother up he, albeit in Brisbane. And will Gold Coast gamble on a mid who has had some serious concussion history.

A bit overcomplicated.
We have the draft assets to bring in anyone, no other players involved.
This year alone we have 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd.

Any good young midfielder who wants to come to Gold Coast? On a big contract? No worries. Here are a bunch of picks to the club and a bucket of cash to the player.

Realistic? Probably not. Every club would be asking every player manager about players who are out of contract. We always ask. Getting used to rejection, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back