List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come in peace with a crazy trade suggestion...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.
afl.com.au said:
Securing out-of-contract Brayshaw's signature remains a top priority for the Demons, but they need not be concerned about losing the budding star.

"How could you leave this team?" he said with a wide grin.

"I keep talking about it, but the last two years I haven't played a lot of footy and the 10 minutes after the game is the golden 10 minutes I missed the most.

"I love all most teammates and I love the place, so hoopefully (my new contracts) gets sorted sooner rather than later."

This was from Saturday

Sep 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Mavs, Sturt
Sorry for the intrusion. Minor piece of information that has been handed to me.
GC met with Sam Collins (ex Freo Defender currently at Werribee) earlier this week. You (along with Carlton) have shown genuine interest in picking him up.

All the best for the rest of the year.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry for the intrusion. Minor piece of information that has been handed to me.
GC met with Sam Collins (ex Freo Defender currently at Werribee) earlier this week. You (along with Carlton) have shown genuine interest in picking him up.

All the best for the rest of the year.
Surprised he was delisted at all tbh. Would be a handy pick up

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
What would it take to get the hypothetical Lynch compo pick, I know bundles are uncommon but we got your top up

Llloyd+ our first+ Aliir+ Newman

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I will do the deal now if this is the deal Sydney offer . I think GC will send back Geelong second Rd back to you . Sydney might end up with Ben king / Lukosius / Rankine with Blakey .

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
What would it take to get the hypothetical Lynch compo pick, I know bundles are uncommon but we got your top up

Thats actually a very good question
If say the pick is #3 and assuming the Suns take Walsh with #2 Pick # will be extremely sought after by both Adelaide Crows & Power with Rankine being the player most likely to be taken with that pick if traded - I can see Crows offering #8+#13 for #3

Sydney will also be desperate for #3 and would be happy to throw Lloyd (if he wants to go) + #14 as they will most likely lose #14 for Blakey but if they had #3 then they would get say a top 3 kid plus Blakey

North will also be in the market for #3 as they would be looking to get another elite kid prior to TT

#3 is going to be a very sought after pick this year 'If' The suns accept the compo and decide to trade that pick

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

If we somehow managed to secure Lloyd AND Aliir (Queenslander) then I think our organisation should be lauded. It would certainly soften the blow of losing Lynch.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we somehow managed to secure Lloyd AND Aliir (Queenslander) then I think our organisation should be lauded. It would certainly soften the blow of losing Lynch.
I really don't think Aliir cares that he played juniors for Queensland. His home is Sudan. He'd be one of the few not be pooled by the go home factor. Plus he's in Sydney it's not that far. I think for the most part we can't really bring people back to Queensland. Weller was a rare circumstance i really doubt that will happen again unless its' someone we passed over as an academy pick in the future.

Nebley

Debutant
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Sorry if this has come up before, I'm too late into the game to read through the whole thread. With Kennedy starting to show signs of being mortal in the middle I'm interested in Lonergan as a backup option. I know he was a gun inside mid as a junior, and hasn't really come on for whatever reason. What are your thoughts? Is he likely to be available, does he actually have anything to suggest he can make the grade?
Personally I would think a straight swap for Newman could work?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Sorry if this has come up before, I'm too late into the game to read through the whole thread. With Kennedy starting to show signs of being mortal in the middle I'm interested in Lonergan as a backup option. I know he was a gun inside mid as a junior, and hasn't really come on for whatever reason. What are your thoughts? Is he likely to be available, does he actually have anything to suggest he can make the grade?
Personally I would think a straight swap for Newman could work?
Despite his size doesn’t play with a lot of force
Disposal is woeful. Really limited to handballing but isn’t a great handballler.
Injured a lot
I’ll be interested to see how he goes this week

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Ran some scenarios today of what our off season could look like:

Best case scenario:
- Lynch signs for 2 years
- Hall leaving nets us a second round pick
- pick 2 is used on Walsh or smith
- trade a second or third round pick for someone young and gettable from another club with upside: Kieren Lovell, Luke Partington, Willem Drew, Rhys Mathieson etc.
- Use WCE first pick on a KPP or trade for Harry McKay or Jacob Weitering
- Bailey Scott chooses us

Neutral:
- Lynch leaves and we get pick 3
- trade pick 3 for Adelaides pick 8 and 13 for an extra 2 shots at early draft (+one of the Kings slides to pick 8)

Worst case:
- Brodie and Scrim request trades to Carlton and we let them leave for anything less than pick 1
- May requests a trade (doubtful but has a lot of media traction)
- We trade out pick 2 for god knows what. even 2 later first round picks aren't worth trading pick 2

Partington for a 3rd rounder is a plug and play option for the Suns.

He just can't break into the side even after racking it up in the WAFL.

He was sent back and told to work on his defensive side and started getting 30+ touches and reasonable tackle numbers as well. Two way running was the issue but he has started doing that. Still can't get a look in as the forward line in fine now and their isn't even a spot for Sheed.

Suns should also consider Matt Allen as another plug and play. Very similar in size and playing style as Darling 191cm, well built and a really promising 3rd tall leading option. Nice straight kick on goal. But with drafting Brander and Oscar Allen last year (club was shocked they were available at 13 and 21) Matty Allen is a bit down the pecking order. Finally having a good run with injuries this year. Both SA lads.

The Eagles WAFL alignment has imploded this season and will split. Not a great environment to develop the kids.

Anyway just a couple of fringe player options I could see doing ok at the Suns and worth a punt.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
David Swallow could leave Gold Coast during trade period or when he becomes a free agent in 2019
JON RALPH, Herald Sun
6 minutes ago
Subscriber only
EXCLUSIVE: CONTRACTED Gold Coast star David Swallow could join Tom Lynch in the exodus from the Suns this year.

Swallow, 25, is a free agent next season but is open to a return to one of the two West Australian clubs this off-season.

The Herald Sun understands there is some interest from Fremantle given his age and explosive midfield play.

FREE AGENT: LYNCH D-DAY LOOMS AS RACE HEATS UP

CO-CAPTAIN: MAY COMMITS TO SUNS ... “AT THIS STAGE”

SUN SET? DEW NOT CONFIDENT OF KEEPING LYNCH

But he is not at the top of their priorities given their lack of a second-round pick and the difficulty in acquiring him in contract.

Swallow was the first player picked by Gold Coast in their first draft, the No.1 overall selection in the 2010 draft.

He most recently re-signed with the Suns in 2016, saying back then he loved the club, his teammates and the Gold Coast.

f61048e8323ca678efcc264e620aeee7

David Swallow leads Gold Coast off after a loss.
But there is a feeling among some senior players at the Gold Coast that if Tom Lynch leaves, their chances of future success are dim.

The Suns face the invidious question of whether they hold players to contracts this year, only to see them depart as free agents next year.

The circus around Lynch has been an ongoing distraction for the club, desperate to sell its brand and instead bogged down in a year-long contract drama.

WIN AFL GRAND FINAL TICKETS BY COMPLETING THE FOOTY FANS SURVEY BELOW

Swallow has played in 31 wins and 82 losses in his 113 AFL games, the Suns best season a 10-victory year in 2014.

The Suns will demand an answer from Lynch about his future when he returns from knee surgery next week.

His co-captain Steven May was also equivocal about his future on an AFL Tonight interview this week, stopping short of devoting himself to the club’s future.

3e000a3693c4f3e11692a6a38845c801

Steven May after a Gold Coast loss.
The Herald Sun has reported that Collingwood will ask about his availability in the trade period after the Hawks made a pitch for his services last season.

The club’s entire senior core is out of contract in 2019, including May, Sam Day, Rory Thompson, Tom Nicholls and Alex Sexton.

Exciting forward Peter Wright, young midfield talents Jack Martin and Touk Miller as well as Pearce Hanley and Callum Ah Chee are also out of contract next year.

At one stage Swallow went over 600 days without playing AFL football as the result of a persistent knee injury.

But he has bounced back to play 18 games in 2017 and every game this season so far, at one stage as acting captain due to injury.

The Suns take on Sydney on Saturday, attempting to win their fourth game of the season.

Jul 28, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sounds like Ralphy has nothing new to write about so is going back to the Suns well.

I’m all for moving on this year whoever doesn’t want to be here or isn’t in for the long haul from the senior guys. It May or swallow or any of them have plans to go next year I’d rather move em on in contract so we can get maximum currency for them and don’t have to go through this s**t each year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Re Ralph's fake news story on Swallow.
What happened to Gil saying he will consider stripping media of their AFL accreditation for making s**t up?
You there Gil? Or too busy coming up with another warm and fuzzy social engineering round?

Jon RALPH story in the HS Aug 26 2016 .
DAVID Swallow is open to a trade to a rival club this off-season as Gold Coast players rebel against the aggressive attitude of chairman Tony Cochrane.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I come in peace with a crazy trade suggestion...

Listening to AFL exchange while I cook dinner, and I swear that Angus Brayshaw left the door open for a move (while repeatedly stating he loves being at Melbourne) while Twomey was grilling him about still being unsigned.

And for some reason this just clicked for me. Who is one young potential star that remains unsigned and might, just might agree to a move to the Gold Coast?

Melbourne make a play for Tom Lynch, do a deal with Gold Coast that sees Gold match the contract and Melbourne put Angus Brayshaw on the table, plus their 2019 first round pick (Adelaide owns Melbourne's 2018 first round pick), plus maybe something else.

Gold Coast get that big bodied mid in the right age group that their midfield needs, plus they can still draft a tall or another mid with their first pick, still have West Coasts 2018 first round pick and now Melbourne's 2019 first round pick to add to their own, what we all imagine will be another early 2019 draft pick.

The risk of course is would Brayshaw move north. He does have his older brother up he, albeit in Brisbane. And will Gold Coast gamble on a mid who has had some serious concussion history.
I can bet my life savings Brayshaw will NOT step foot up north in a GC jumper.

Will be announce in the coming weeks that he's signed a 2 year deal.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Partington for a 3rd rounder is a plug and play option for the Suns.

He just can't break into the side even after racking it up in the WAFL.

He was sent back and told to work on his defensive side and started getting 30+ touches and reasonable tackle numbers as well. Two way running was the issue but he has started doing that. Still can't get a look in as the forward line in fine now and their isn't even a spot for Sheed.

Suns should also consider Matt Allen as another plug and play. Very similar in size and playing style as Darling 191cm, well built and a really promising 3rd tall leading option. Nice straight kick on goal. But with drafting Brander and Oscar Allen last year (club was shocked they were available at 13 and 21) Matty Allen is a bit down the pecking order. Finally having a good run with injuries this year. Both SA lads.

The Eagles WAFL alignment has imploded this season and will split. Not a great environment to develop the kids.

Anyway just a couple of fringe player options I could see doing ok at the Suns and worth a punt.
Id rather sheed considering he cant get a game.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sounds like Ralphy has nothing new to write about so is going back to the Suns well.

I’m all for moving on this year whoever doesn’t want to be here or isn’t in for the long haul from the senior guys. It May or swallow or any of them have plans to go next year I’d rather move em on in contract so we can get maximum currency for them and don’t have to go through this s**t each year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think we would get more value from swallow via compo then a trade. The AFL would use their magic formula and say here is pick 1 for a pick 1 from 8 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back