List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don't think Aliir cares that he played juniors for Queensland. His home is Sudan. He'd be one of the few not be pooled by the go home factor. Plus he's in Sydney it's not that far. I think for the most part we can't really bring people back to Queensland. Weller was a rare circumstance i really doubt that will happen again unless its' someone we passed over as an academy pick in the future.
Not helpful to call his home sudan

Sheed isn't getting game because he turns it over. Not exactly what Dew would be after.

Sent back to WAFL to work on his defensive game and also his inside work. Was getting and accepting getting tackled too much. Has been steadily improving his two way running, tackling and inside work over the past month. Needs to learn how to dish the ball off in close better and not get caught with the ball as much.

Certainly making progress and has been selected this week for a wet game v Doggies.

I really don't think Aliir cares that he played juniors for Queensland. His home is Sudan. He'd be one of the few not be pooled by the go home factor. Plus he's in Sydney it's not that far. I think for the most part we can't really bring people back to Queensland. Weller was a rare circumstance i really doubt that will happen again unless its' someone we passed over as an academy pick in the future.
Aliir's immediate family situation is similar to Charlie Cameron's. He spent his teenage years in Brisbane but moved to Perth for a year before getting drafted. My understanding is Aliir has quite a few cousins and his immediate family living in WA so perhaps he views Perth as 'home'. I know Charlie Cameron's immediate family are also still based in WA but he decided to come 'home' to Brisbane for family rea$on$ so maybe we can also do the same with Aliir? Probably worth noting that Aliir spent 11 years in Brisbane so he might feel slightly more connected to south east QLD than Charlie Cameron.

Aliir's immediate family situation is similar to Charlie Cameron's. He spent his teenage years in Brisbane but moved to Perth for a year before getting drafted. My understanding is Aliir has quite a few cousins and his immediate family living in WA so perhaps he views Perth as 'home'. I know Charlie Cameron's immediate family are also still based in WA but he decided to come 'home' to Brisbane for family rea$on$ so maybe we can also do the same with Aliir? Probably worth noting that Aliir spent 11 years in Brisbane so he might feel slightly more connected to south east QLD than Charlie Cameron.

The goss on the Eagles board is he is keen on Perth and the Eagles. Eagles are interested as well.

One to keep an eye on.

If McGovern goes as a fa Aliir I would almost guarantee would be going to the Eagles. In flag mode, family in Perth and cap space to get him there.

Thoughts on doing a deal with Geelong. For high flying Esava Ratugolea Jake kolo and pick 47 for our West Coast first rd pick.

We get a high flying athletic forward/ruck in the Nic Nat mould
^ would fit in nicely next to 2MP

Kolo to slot in down back with May at worst fill the void of May if he decides to abandon ship.

And pick 47 we could use on 1 of our academy players.

All for pick 15-18** fits all our needs..

Thoughts?

P.S geelong desperate for first rd picks

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/cats-back-themselves-into-a-trading-corner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on doing a deal with Geelong. For high flying Esava Ratugolea Jake kolo and pick 47 for our West Coast first rd pick.

Kolo to slot in down back with May at worst fill the void of May if he decides to abandon ship.

Thoughts?

If Estava is not injured I am ok for it but knowing GC conditioning team even the new one come in will take some time, big NOOOOOOOOO.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

1. Geelong players need to agree to a trade
2. Cats wouldn't do that trade for WCE pick
3. Crossley is our complementry fwd/ruck
2. Think you can get better deals from Swans and Crows for pick 3 and keep WCE pick

Is anyone keen on Roughead if he's forced out of the Hawks plus Lynch leaves? Would be great for leadership and a foil for 2MP for a couple years.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not me. I would only chase McVeigh as a coach/player. Wright and Day forward, possibly Lukosius and then Crossley/Graham even Koenan as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back