List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both soft flankers who were drafted too high and are always going to be “potential” players? Sound about right
Correct defensive willingness and team 1st attitude are the high values. Does anyone believe those 3 have those attributes.

Correct defensive willingness and team 1st attitude are the high values. Does anyone believe those 3 have those attributes.
If the backline was stronger defensively we would be able to carry a KK as HBF who is there to move the ball forward. But we are so poor defensively that we can’t afford his liabilities on the field.

Yeah but they were drafted 2 years ago lol did suns think they had those attributes 2 years ago? Easy to say the recruiter has moved on but I find it laughable that a club can seemingly be so wrong in such short a time. And some fans say that he didn't have the right attitude and be happy for h im to leave when he literally was drafted at a time that attitude was the key criteria

Well we rated him enough two years ago to take at 7 lol insane and shows what a circus we are that the clubs opinions can change so badly. Especially when all they have been talking about over last 4 years is picking players with good characters lol

Question is then how is a club so wrong in such little time. I have seen a pick 7 fail after 4 or 5 years. But in two years for a player to go from top ten to unwanted shows just how laughable our recruiters and board are!!! Add to the fact he has attitude queries when he was drafted at a time we were drafting players with good attitudes who would stay for long term
Simple Scott Clayton .

Yeah but they were drafted 2 years ago lol did suns think they had those attributes 2 years ago? Easy to say the recruiter has moved on but I find it laughable that a club can seemingly be so wrong in such short a time. And some fans say that he didn't have the right attitude and be happy for h im to leave when he literally was drafted at a time that attitude was the key criteria
The whole football department has moved on from 2 years ago almost. Whole new coaching team, new recruiting team. Makes a big difference

I bet Crows/Port will get pick 4 if we refuse to deal pick 3 and pick one SA boy with it.
We have excess picks to list spots right? Why don’t we trade up to 4 with the Saints (provided we get 5) and give them a couple picks down the order? No difference for them, they still end up with the player they want and get a couple free picks.

We have excess picks to list spots right? Why don’t we trade up to 4 with the Saints (provided we get 5) and give them a couple picks down the order? No difference for them, they still end up with the player they want and get a couple free picks.
Will do it but just need all the trade go through .

I appreciate we should try get the best deal possible but we need to cut the rot out at all costs.

Buy in or you can go now - can’t have anyone on the list that doesn’t want to be here.

Should have cut lynch loose at the end of last year IMO

Very interesting. The bit about playing games on his phone, while he should have been viewing an AFL match as an educational experience amused me. It has parallels with all the people concentrating on this AFL trade period, when they're being paid to work.
The kid obviously hasn’t learned the powers of delegation, giving him authority to play the game whilst someone watches the footy for him. Needs to go to the Brendan Goddard school of Finger Pointing.
The Club is getting rid of people not invested its that simple.
As a priority they want them moved on as it is seen as dragging Club backwards culture wise.
Can people not see striking similarity bw KK and Scrimshaw.
that and contested ball. Dew wants blokes who can win the ball.

100% one of Dews and the Coaching staffs main tasks in 2018 was to establish who was genuinely invested and who was not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The system gives the Suns trade returns?

We used pick 7 on your son.
Spent 100s of thousands on him.

And he plays games on his phone in meetings and isnt interested in being a professional footballer.

we get a trade return = to a can of tuna and he ends up at the club he follows.

I think theres been only one winner in all this.

The Scrimshaws
Ahh Ben, dont twist the media words to make a story that sounds good. He was always interested to play at the Suns and desperately wanted to play senior footy.

There's been a big change in the Suns' gameplan since we drafted KK & Scrimshaw. We were much more attacking under McKenna & Eade. Now we're very defensive under Dew.

KK & Scrim are both attacking HBF. They suited Eade's style more than Dew's.

Scrim was definitely a speculative pick, but the potential upside was enormous. Lots of people thought he'd end up being the best player in his draft year, including several on this forum. He'd been hampered by injuries as a junior, but had sublime talent & a Bontompelliesque physique. It was hoped he'd move into the midfield & impose himself on games in the way Bontompelli was doing at that time.The Suns were not able to bring those qualities out in him.

He's obviously still immature, but not necessarily a bad kid. We've acknowledged that we need to improve the support & development areas of our club. I don't think all the blame can be lumped on the guy who recruited him.

There's been a big change in the Suns' gameplan since we drafted KK & Scrimshaw. We were much more attacking under McKenna & Eade. Now we're very defensive under Dew.

KK & Scrim are both attacking HBF. They suited Eade's style more than Dew's.

Scrim was definitely a speculative pick, but the potential upside was enormous. Lots of people thought he'd end up being the best player in his draft year, including several on this forum. He'd been hampered by injuries as a junior, but had sublime talent & a Bontompelliesque physique. It was hoped he'd move into the midfield & impose himself on games in the way Bontompelli was doing at that time.The Suns were not able to bring those qualities out in him.

He's obviously still immature, but not necessarily a bad kid. We've acknowledged that we need to improve the support & development areas of our club. I don't think all the blame can be lumped on the guy who recruited him.
Yes regardless of that the regard for Clayton's performance by the 2018 incoming staff was/is VERY LOW.

Clayton just seemed to gamble with our picks too much over the years rather than take the safe option.
I agree , when you lose you try to win it back in gambling until you don't have any money more .

Not gamble responsibility.

Just in Melbourne?
Guys, Ill say it again, he was wrapped to go to the Gold Coast, he wanted to be there, we purchased property there and fully paid our memberships in spite of being able to get free tickets!

Running 13K games and averaging high 20s possessions per game by seasons end shows he put in the effort but unfortunately the club couldnt see fit to play him.

Personally, you guys can say what you like but I know the kid, had they played him, like they did Brodes, it would have changed his thinking and attitude immediately and he would not have wanted to go. Professionally he should not have let that bother him but it flattened him and he has learned from that and more maturity with age will help as well.

But I think the Suns needed at least one to go for cap issues so in the end, it works out for both the Suns and Scrim and we all move on.

Ahh Ben, dont twist the media words to make a story that sounds good. He was always interested to play at the Suns and desperately wanted to play senior footy.
Barrett said on TR he “turned it up” early in the year wasn’t interested. Damning if true

Yes regardless of that the regard for Clayton's performance by the 2018 incoming staff was/is VERY LOW.
Let's hope the current regime does better. In their first year, it looks like we've lost our 2 best players in Lynch & May, we've dropped down the ladder to 2nd last, with less wins & a lower percentage & have topped up with players who couldn't get a game at their previous clubs. That's a pretty risky strategy too, but I'm hoping it is successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back