List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, you guys can say what you like but I know the kid, had they played him, like they did Brodes, it would have changed his thinking and attitude immediately and he would not have wanted to go. Professionally he should not have let that bother him but it flattened him and he has learned from that and more maturity with age will help as well.

You wanted us to gift a lazy footballer games to keep him there???
It's becoming very obvious what's holding his development back and it wasn't our club.

I'd still like us to keep May but i guess that's unlikely now. Next year will be about how many players Dew can get improvement out of. This year it was only really Sexton, Thompson, Brodie (partly) and Bowes (partly) If Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Ah Chee, Martin, Joyce, Hanley, Lemmens, Fiorini, Day, Schonefeld, Lyons, MacPherson, Miller and Wright all improve on 2018 i'll be excited for the future. Realistically, Miles, GHS, Ellis, Lukocious*, Rozee*, Rankine* won't bring improvement to the team next year as they are either for the future or support players. The unknown is Burgess, Collins and Colbert. I suspect they will be similar to a lot of our past mature recruits and either be solid 22 players or not ones that don't last that long eg Saad, Holman, Hall? vs Osbourne, Davis, Loersch

Let's hope the current regime does better. In their first year, it looks like we've lost our 2 best players in Lynch & May, we've dropped down the ladder to 2nd last, with less wins & a lower percentage & have topped up with players who couldn't get a game at their previous clubs. That's a pretty risky strategy too, but I'm hoping it is successful.
Yeah i think every strategy is risky otherwise teams would easily go from 18th-1st. Ainsworth for example wasn't seen as risky but he could still not become a superstar player. While Oliver was seen as risky as he wasn't in top 10 contention til late in the year but now he's one of the safest players in the league.

I'd still like us to keep May but i guess that's unlikely now. Next year will be about how many players Dew can get improvement out of. This year it was only really Sexton, Thompson, Brodie (partly) and Bowes (partly) If Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Ah Chee, Martin, Joyce, Hanley, Lemmens, Fiorini, Day, Schonefeld, Lyons, MacPherson, Miller and Wright all improve on 2018 i'll be excited for the future. Realistically, Miles, GHS, Ellis, Lukocious*, Rozee*, Rankine* won't bring improvement to the team next year as they are either for the future or support players. The unknown is Burgess, Collins and Colbert. I suspect they will be similar to a lot of our past mature recruits and either be solid 22 players or not ones that don't last that long eg Saad, Holman, Hall? vs Osbourne, Davis, Loersch
That would be awesome. If all those players improved in the same year, we'd give the Final 8 a nudge.

On GHS, what's his salary? Geelong are criticised for not batting deep enough in the midfield and he would be their 7th or 8th choice.. 25 with not alot of scope for improvement.

You wanted us to gift a lazy footballer games to keep him there???
It's becoming very obvious what's holding his development back and it wasn't our club.
Yes of course mate, and all the other players wanting to leave have a problem too! Were they checking their phones in a meeting too? Will we now start bagging May? Was he running 13ks per game and lazy as well? The club is recognizing what it needs to fix, why arent you?

Im not saying Jack wasnt immature, fit enough earlier or that his intensity was 100% but the reasons behind that were not from want of trying or doing his best. Its just not a fair cop to hear all this stuff come out after he requests a trade as the club seeks to go into damage control.

BTW I checked with him today about him playing games on his phone. He was shocked and said, there is no way Id ever play games during a team meeting, I was probably checking stats...now the kid is a lot of things but he is no liar!

Seriously I said yesterday Im sick of all this rubbish so please talk about the bright future of the Suns and stop trying to make out like a 20yo kid is some kind of terrible person and the bigger professional entity is all good...be better than that mate!

Such a shame our NEAFL team never plays Box Hill because I’d get to Carrara Nice and early to really let rip at Jack Scrimshaw who has truly disappointed us in a way that makes him competitive with Caddy as being the biggest pea heart in our short history.
He sure has reinforced some Beliefs I have about kids from privileged schools, about parents who enable their children, about young people so self-absorbed that they can’t put away their phones when appropriate and about the disgusting behaviour and lies of VFL clubs as evidenced by the assertions (I call bullshit) that Clarkson/Wright have told Scrimshaw that they watched his NEAFL games every week. Yeah and I’m The Queen Mary.
What a waste of money, time, effort and a high draft pick. Just appalling.

You can see what Dew is doing though,he has a very clear recruiting strategy
“Boys Out, Men In”.

Yes of course mate, and all the other players wanting to leave have a problem too! Were they checking their phones in a meeting too? Will we now start bagging May? Was he running 13ks per game and lazy as well? The club is recognizing what it needs to fix, why arent you?

Im not saying Jack wasnt immature, fit enough earlier or that his intensity was 100% but the reasons behind that were not from want of trying or doing his best. Its just not a fair cop to hear all this stuff come out after he requests a trade as the club seeks to go into damage control.

BTW I checked with him today about him playing games on his phone. He was shocked and said, there is no way Id ever play games during a team meeting, I was probably checking stats...now the kid is a lot of things but he is no liar!

Seriously I said yesterday Im sick of all this rubbish so please talk about the bright future of the Suns and stop trying to make out like a 20yo kid is some kind of terrible person and the bigger professional entity is all good...be better than that mate!
In my opinion it’s not about him personally, I think it’s more about the fact that after 2 years he can nominate a club of his choice while still under contract. I think this is where the system is not equal.
We get stung pick 2 for a bloke wanting to go home.
It just doesn’t make sense to me.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer basically

In Anthony Miles, out Barlow ,
In GHS, out Hall ,
In Corey Ellis ,Out Rosa ,

In Burgess , Collins ,Corbett
Out Lynch , Scrimshaw ( Possible KK,May )

Not really that bad .

Such a shame our NEAFL team never plays Box Hill because I’d get to Carrara Nice and early to really let rip at Jack Scrimshaw who has truly disappointed us in a way that makes him competitive with Caddy as being the biggest pea heart in our short history.
He sure has reinforced some Beliefs I have about kids from privileged schools, about parents who enable their children, about young people so self-absorbed that they can’t put away their phones when appropriate and about the disgusting behaviour and lies of VFL clubs as evidenced by the assertions (I call bullshit) that Clarkson/Wright have told Scrimshaw that they watched his NEAFL games every week. Yeah and I’m The Queen Mary.
What a waste of money, time, effort and a high draft pick. Just appalling.

You can see what Dew is doing though,he has a very clear recruiting strategy
“Boys Out, Men In”.

Bods you swing from intellegent comments to emotional dribble and it says more about you. Now you are sticking your chest out from behind a keyboard? Really? Fly down to Melbourne anyway and tell me your issues and Ill buy you a beer!

Ill bring you a list of the greatest players in the game who went to private school and a 100 cap wallaby friend of mine will give you his list as well.

You are going off about a comment about a phone in a meeting that when checked, DID NOT HAPPEN!

Take a break mate, a nice Bali villa beside a tranquil pool might do the trick! Its only a game it is not really a reflection of life!

You're seriously all over the shop mate.
Your excuses change from club site to club site.
I'm disappointed that we wasted a top 7 pick on a player that was nowhere near a top 7 pick. That's not having a go at him personally, but to hear that if we picked him he'd stay is a disgraceful excuse.
One minute you say that our club sacked the psych and entire welfare group and didn't replace one of them. You know that's BS.
You then tell us that we didn't play him because of a story in the media mid year about him leaving??
I'm over the excuses. There are many people who are all wrong it seems.
He's gone, I'm happy and I wish him all the best. But football is an extremely emotive sport and I have kids who are heavily invested in the club. They deserve better too from professional sportsmen who are on mega dollars. Now you continue on your merry way and trawl every site to stick up for a 20 year old adult, and I'll continue fighting for my club against BS posted too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bods you swing from intellegent comments to emotional dribble and it says more about you. Now you are sticking your chest out from behind a keyboard? Really? Fly down to Melbourne anyway and tell me your issues and Ill buy you a beer!

Ill bring you a list of the greatest players in the game who went to private school and a 100 cap wallaby friend of mine will give you his list as well.

You are going off about a comment about a phone in a meeting that when checked, DID NOT HAPPEN!

Take a break mate, a nice Bali villa beside a tranquil pool might do the trick! Its only a game it is not really a reflection of life!

Gromma I actually in a really wierd way respect you for coming in here but having said that I don’t know why you keep posting. It can’t be healthy for you as a loving parent.
You are a Hawks fan and your kid just became a Hawk.
“We”-especially me feel very bitter and shortchanged today so it’s not going to be a healthy place for you to interact,admittedly though there are board members here that are much more gentler than I am in dealing with the blows.
If I was you I’d spend the next few days basking in the glory that your kid is now a Hawthorn player and go enjoy yourself on the Hawks Board and with your family/friend Hawk fans. Today for you is one of the best of your life.

Meanwhile we will once again regroup.

At this rate the hawks will pick up May for a future second or third round pick, Scully and Scrimshaw for pretty much a third rounder??? How does that happen

In my opinion it’s not about him personally, I think it’s more about the fact that after 2 years he can nominate a club of his choice while still under contract. I think this is where the system is not equal.
We get stung pick 2 for a bloke wanting to go home.
It just doesn’t make sense to me.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer basically

We need 17er here to make us feel good about Hawthorn's future 3rd:p

Id love if Gromma would reply to some of my posts instead going at Bods
As it stands Scrimshaw is one of the worst pick 7's ever so he's got a lot of work to do(and there have been some very very forgettable 7's over the years)
I'll take a punt and say Jack Scrimshaw won't make a pinch of pigshit difference to Hawthorn's season next year
He's been picked up on a potential basis
I always thought he had the most talent of the 2016 group but to paraphrase someone much smarter than I am-the harder you work the more talented you get
Hawthorn is always coached well and contends but IMO were the worst of this year's finalists with Geelong
TBH I reckon 5 to 16 could all swap places without raising an eyebrow
Lets hope Hawthorn slides to 16th eh- pick in the top 40 about right for a guy who couldn't crack a bad team with 26 fit players on the list

Having played with them all season does he rate any of the Academy kids. Getting a players perspective would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back