List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we swapped 6 and 24 for 4, then there is no need for us to swap 3. We'd have 2 3 4 and 29....but I still prefer 2 3 6 24 and 29...

It might just be who you like better out of Caldwell and Rankine, and if that gives you an opportunity to still get players you like plus a crack at another player you wouldn’t get close to with pick 24.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
i think i remember hearing cameron say he thought there was a lot of talent in the top 8 or so, so trading down to get pick 8 & 13 doesn't really make much sense, especially if we're likely to use the two second round picks on academy players. i think the trade proposed with st kilda earlier is a better proposition to us. also, picks 3 & 29 have more draft value than 8 & 13 so there'd need to be something else coming with them, more than likely a future pick as i doubt we'd use any additional picks this year.

To be honest I didn’t even look at the points value as I thought 8 and 13 would have been easily more.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
i think i remember hearing cameron say he thought there was a lot of talent in the top 8 or so, so trading down to get pick 8 & 13 doesn't really make much sense, especially if we're likely to use the two second round picks on academy players. i think the trade proposed with st kilda earlier is a better proposition to us. also, picks 3 & 29 have more draft value than 8 & 13 so there'd need to be something else coming with them, more than likely a future pick as i doubt we'd use any additional picks this year.
3 and 29 doesn't have more value than 8 and 13.

That has the Crows giving up a LOT. You still get Rozee and Caldwell AND have an additional pick 13, and you don't have the difficult decision of what to do with Rankine, who is most obvious homesickness candidate in the entire draft.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It might just be who you like better out of Caldwell and Rankine, and if that gives you an opportunity to still get players you like plus a crack at another player you wouldn’t get close to with pick 24.
Ok let said
Pick 2 Lukosius
Pick 3 Rankine
Pick 6 Caldwell /Rozee / Smith / B.king

There will be slider/bolter at pick 24 and 29.
Ely Smith , Sam Stuart , Xavier D, Xavier H , Liam Stocker ,Valente , RCD, C,jones , McHenry, Ian hill , Hately , Curtis Taylor , you can only fit that much of players in your top 23. ( not included F/s and academy )

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

That has the Crows giving up a LOT. You still get Rozee and Caldwell AND have an additional pick 13, and you don't have the difficult decision of what to do with Rankine, who is most obvious homesickness candidate in the entire draft.
Then keep your pick and GC keep 2,3,6 everybody happy .

Last edited:

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Hear this repeated by a lot of Adelaide supporters but everything said about him by draft gurus and recruiters is the complete opposite.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I think we'll take 2 3 and 6 to the draft and finish with Lukosius, Rankine and one of Smith Rozee or Caldwell. and I'd be happy with that as well as 24 and 29.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
So here's the thing....
When Lyons was delisted I was down on the club. I was at a loss to what the heck we are doing. Well before I could stop, collect facts etc. I sent mark Evans an email. He was on leave , but today he called me for 15 minutes or so and had a chat. As reported in the media , we were really in trouble with salary cap for next season.so the club were very happy to lose hall, Scrimshaw , Kolojasnij, Lyons for next to nothing just to lose their salary from the books.
When Brisbane offered to take Lyons salary and all we needed to do is delist him.
Suggested we will likely have at least 2 south Australians joining us at draft time with 3 Not unlikely.
What Scott Clayton and previous management done was set us up to fail. Mark, Stewie , Craig Cameron got the keys for an 85 camira and are trying to fix it up. I'm renewed, I'm on board and I'm keen for 2019

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

yes it does

1.PNG

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Brad scheer.. this year.. most improved ;)
apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed still would be great to see him take a big step forward
Sorry Guys - unlike others - I'm still here ! :) Not taking your bait though. If I were like 17er … whole different story.
Agree with Bods we need him back...when does his suspension end this time...

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
So here's the thing....
When Lyons was delisted I was down on the club. I was at a loss to what the heck we are doing. Well before I could stop, collect facts etc. I sent mark Evans an email. He was on leave , but today he called me for 15 minutes or so and had a chat. As reported in the media , we were really in trouble with salary cap for next season.so the club were very happy to lose hall, Scrimshaw , Kolojasnij, Lyons for next to nothing just to lose their salary from the books.
When Brisbane offered to take Lyons salary and all we needed to do is delist him.
Suggested we will likely have at least 2 south Australians joining us at draft time with 3 Not unlikely.
What Scott Clayton and previous management done was set us up to fail. Mark, Steele, Craig Cameron got the keys for an 85 camira and are trying to fix it up. I'm renewed, I'm on board and I'm keen for 2019
That is awesome that Evans gave you a call. Sounds like our focus is on the SA boys which is good, although saying 3 is not unlikely might mean 2 of the highly rated kids and another they are looking at in the 20s.

Quick question - who is Steele?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry Guys - unlike others - I'm still here ! :) Not taking your bait though. If I were like 17er … whole different story.

I’m sure you agree it’s make or break year for Brad.
Such a good kick for goal, acceleration to run someone down and can absolutely Hammer a player when he lines them up.
Come on Brad Scheer-aim to be one of the great pressure forwards in the game in 2019.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Will you be accepting a written apology from Kristof?

Plus everyone knows you have to pay a points premium for a higher pick so if they want to throw 21 in the deal then we can start to have a chat.

deliverable by carrier pigeon is preferred. ;)

i mean, it's only 100 or so points which isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, but with the whole academy situation nowadays i can't see our recruiting staff wanting to lose draft pick value and drop down the order in a stacked top 10 draft.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
That is awesome that Evans gave you a call. Sounds like our focus is on the SA boys which is good, although saying 3 is not unlikely might mean 2 of the highly rated kids and another they are looking at in the 20s.

Quick question - who is Steele?

Sorry stewie... auto correct

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
So here's the thing....
What Scott Clayton and previous management done was set us up to fail. Mark, Steele, Craig Cameron got the keys for an 85 camira and are trying to fix it up. I'm renewed, I'm on board and I'm keen for 2019
Evans regularly does that sort of thing - meeting / talking with random members to get feedback on club issues. Think its healthy for the future club perspective..
(Edit : Sorry no offence - you are not a random member - he wouldn't have given you time of day if he didn't see the passion in your correspondence)

Last edited:

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Such a good kick for goal, acceleration to run someone down and can absolutely Hammer a player when he lines them up.
Come on Brad Scheer-aim to be one of the great pressure forwards in the game in 2019.
Except he's not a forward....

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I remember reading this.. and thought.
The melbourne media are going to be hating on GC for getting a free hit at the next michael voss.
Just seems to lack enthusiasm. Hopefully he gets his fitness up ehich should help.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...s/news-story/c57a6a553c42dd112ce3b3e61747ec29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back