List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm draft night for Josh Smith and Freeman ?

Friday, 16 November 5pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes
Friday, 23 November 1.30pm – 2.30pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (3)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-10/when-is-the-2018-afl-trade-period
I thought it was bit quiet news wise today, but since they have a last deadline for next friday. That makes more sense. So a week to see if they want to add either of them.
Could either do it as DFA or rookie draft.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I’m sure you agree it’s make or break year for Brad.
Such a good kick for goal, acceleration to run someone down and can absolutely Hammer a player when he lines them up.
Come on Brad Scheer-aim to be one of the great pressure forwards in the game in 2019.
Have we watched the same Brad Scheer??

I think he's a pretty nice kick but it can look a bit laconic at times.. not driving or particularly penetrating.
Think his best work is in close quarters. Good handballer and tackler. Cannot think of one occasion where he ran down an opponent.
My biggest issue is he looks TOO laconic out there. Needs to ramp up the intensity. He does some nice things but just needs to be more aggressive and assert himself. Literally the opposite of someone who has high end acceleration. Inside mid or bust right now.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
On draft rumours board someone suggested if stocker gone by 17 then they’d consider trading down.

Could look at 17 + 37 for 26 + 29 + future 4th pick swaps from each side.

Maybe go grab valente at 17
At 37 woodcock, berry, Pickett, bytel

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Evans regularly does that sort of thing - meeting / talking with random members to get feedback on club issues. Think its healthy for the future club perspective..
(Edit : Sorry no offence - you are not a random member - he wouldn't have given you time of day if he didn't see the passion in your correspondence)
Of course no offence taken.
I am just a random member. A random member who was disoriented with the club, and whilst talk can be cheap he said the words I needed to hear and I'm feeling better about everything.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
For the clubs looking for a deal around picks 2 or 3, or even the Suns and pick 1 or pick 4, pretty sure we have moved past the whole draft points thing.

Now we are talking about players.

Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine in the top 3.
You want one of them, pay the price for those players.

What are Lukosius and Rankine worth on the open market? To any team but especially a SA team? Way more than points.

We really need a midfielder like Walsh. Would we trade Rankine and 6 for Walsh and a 2nd rounder, which is what it might take? Actually, I might do that.

Points smoints at this stage in the process.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For the clubs looking for a deal around picks 2 or 3, or even the Suns and pick 1 or pick 4, pretty sure we have moved past the whole draft points thing.

What are Lukosius and Rankine worth on the open market? To any team but especially a SA team? Way more than points.

We really need a midfielder like Walsh. Would we trade Rankine and 6 for Walsh and a 2nd rounder, which is what it might take? Actually, I might do that.

We wont trade 2 of our 3 top 10 picks for sam Walsh

If anything 2 and 29 for pick 1

Carlton dont have another pick after pick 1 until in the 60s
So your trade above is non existent

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Then keep your pick and GC keep 2,3,6 everybody happy .
Yeah, no stress. We have a few players retiring over the next two years. We'd rather two great picks than one great picks.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Hear this repeated by a lot of Adelaide supporters but everything said about him by draft gurus and recruiters is the complete opposite.
Pretty much every report on Rankine has mentioned the potential of homesickness issues. The only things that contradict that are when his management has gone out of their way to say he's go to any club that would draft him.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Will you be accepting a written apology from Kristof?

Plus everyone knows you have to pay a points premium for a higher pick so if they want to throw 21 in the deal then we can start to have a chat.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
No thanks. 29 is absolutely worthless, considering this is maybe a 25 player draft, and that pick will be 34.

We're not doing two great picks for just one.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty much every report on Rankine has mentioned the potential of homesickness issues. The only things that contradict that are when his management has gone out of their way to say he's go to any club that would draft him.
Maybe in Adelaide, but nowhere else has it said that.

Even Cal Twomey who does a lot with the draftees said on his podcast recently that you can usually tell when a draftee doesn’t want to go interstate. Bailey Smith wants nothing to do with it but he doesn’t get those vibes at all from Izak.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Maybe in Adelaide, but nowhere else has it said that.

Even Cal Twomey who does a lot with the draftees said on his podcast recently that you can usually tell when a draftee doesn’t want to go interstate. Bailey Smith wants nothing to do with it but he doesn’t get those vibes at all from Izak.
Cal Twomey pretty much doesn't leave Victoria. He would have barely spoken to Izak.

No worries, though. The word has been pretty strong on Rankine, but maybe it's just bush telegraph.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

Agreee.

At 8, the Crows would get one of Rozee/B King/Caldwell. At 13, we'd get Collier-Dawkins or Hately.

That's a lot to give up to get Rankine.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah, no stress. We have a few players retiring over the next two years. We'd rather two great picks than one great picks.
Remember no stress , don't need to explain what you want to do the next two year. You thinking too far ahead .

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m sure you agree it’s make or break year for Brad.
Such a good kick for goal,

1.3 from 10 games??
Maybe you've been watching him at training?
I also think he looks a tad slow for his position- but that's sometimes a function of poor positional play which can improve with experience
My hope is he's an upgrade on a Matty Shaw type
I don't think he's anywhere near starting 22 at the moment but workrate might bump his prospects

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Correction - 2 good picks for 1 great pick

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, picks 8 and 13 are great picks. We'll get excellent players from there. We were in the Grand Final last year with no players from the top ten, so to have four picks that are as close as hell to all being first rounders is amazing for us.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
No, picks 8 and 13 are great picks. We'll get excellent players from there. We were in the Grand Final last year with no players from the top ten, so to have four picks that are as close as hell to all being first rounders is amazing for us.
Again and again .... No stress and enjoy .
I don't know about you after pick 6 GC basically can walk out and come back in the second day .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back