List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Watch - Depth Chart In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

With Riley Collier Dawkins still available there is no chance Richmond would have selected Stocker, RCD was not expected to be there and he was our dream that ended up becoming reality. RCD was expected to be taken anywhere between 9-15 and if the Blues had not approached adelaide with this deal the Crows would have selected RCD. Thanks Blues

Im really excited about what he will become at AFL level in 2-3 years time the kid just has all the tools to become the next 'Big Mid' that the comp says wow.

With Riley Collier Dawkins still available there is no chance Richmond would have selected Stocker, RCD was not expected to be there and he was our dream that ended up becoming reality. RCD was expected to be taken anywhere between 9-15 and if the Blues had not approached adelaide with this deal the Crows would have selected RCD. Thanks Blues

Im really excited about what he will become at AFL level in 2-3 years time the kid just has all the tools to become the next 'Big Mid' that the comp says wow.

Does it get any better. We pipped both the blues and the crows to RCD purely on the blues stupidity. Lol.

A great haul.
We went after mids and got them.

RCD is our boom or bust big bodied mid. Could be our next star mid. He’s our risk pick, but a good one. His burst of pace out of the contest is exciting.

Ross is our inside grunt mid. Was kinda bummed we missed out on Bytel but stress fractures and a bulging disc in the back combined with shoddy kicking is a big price to pay for a guaranteed junior accumulator. Ross is safer, is a better kick, has desire and aggrsssion toward the contested ball. A safe pick that looks promising and speed out of the contest rivals RCD.

Turner looks a wingman, good runner good kick. Upgrade on Brandon. Something we are missing on our list although him and Naish in future years will be an exciting combo if at least one can run both ways.

English is another safe pick. Could be a 2nd tier mid, accumulate 20 odd possessions a match and not be overly damaging but contribute.

Stack is the wildcard. Could be a Dan Rioli type player but more mid than forward if he is committed. Let’s see how he handles training over the next few weeks.

An exciting haul.
RCD - a potential match winner.
Ross - a potential high possession inside mid.
English- A potential 2nd tier inside/outside mid.
Stack - An Edwards style mid, fingers crossed.

I don't see the edwards style in stack.

Edwards isn't a hard as * type player.

The wraps on stack being one of the most ferocious and hard at it indigenous players ever for his age is mind blowing.

Fans who went to the club's pre draft dinner last week who listened to Clarke give a presentation on a few players say yes. We rated RCD ahead of stoker.

I still can't get passed the fact he's 90kg but he looks 13 years old!
How does one get an invite to such a night, would be very interesting to go indeed.

Fast forward 12 months and it will be interesting to see who rose to the Occassion and who hasn’t.
Big 12 months for Markov, Menedue & Bolton. All of them would be in that 20-26 list range now, where they need a full preseason and take any opportunities presented to hold a position, otherwise it’s going to be potential curtains on their Tiger time. With the new draftees coming in, they will feel the extra pressure.
Markov is the one that I think can break into our back 7 up against Houli, Ellis, Broad, KMac & Short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans who went to the club's pre draft dinner last week who listened to Clarke give a presentation on a few players say yes. We rated RCD ahead of stoker.

I still can't get passed the fact he's 90kg but he looks 13 years old!

Do not judge a book by it’s cover.

Just about every football / Junior talent watcher rated Riley Collier-Dawkins a mid 1st rounder and some even had him going inside top 10

Only SoS rated him higher than RCD , I have no doubt at all if both players were available at our selection we would still have gone with RCD with his potential upside just way too good to leave on the board.

Balta , Bolton , RCD ........... Talk about X-Factor

This is super insight by the Giants. Interestingly their rating of a player like Hatley who is expected to be a big bodied midfield, they see as an Adam Tomlinson type that can payp wherever over a long career. Because of the lack of talls in the draft they've searched for other opportunities....

Saw Sam Walsh crossing the road to training. The humane thing to do would have been to mow him down and put him out his misery but thought better of it.

and to think i thought you were a good person, tssk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back