List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Watch - Depth Chart In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know that Lynch is coming via free agency, Tiger71 micro on the line, and the team is sitting clear on top of the ladder with top 2 all but assured it's probably time that we started to focus on what would normally be the most discussed topic in this board by now and that is the National Draft.

In the glory years of 2009-2012 & 2016, this thread would have been started about 6 months ago and be closing in on a 100 pages by now with all sorts of ideas being thrown about regarding how we can move up into the draft order and stack up on draft picks.

However with the Lynch deal likely to be the only real move we do during trade period improving the list, there might be a couple of moves where players depart for picks in the 2nd round or later.

Having said that I thought I'd start out with the players I'd like us to look at with pick 19.

Riley Collier-Dawkins 193cm 88kg inside midfielder Oakleigh Chargers

Luke Valente 186cm 80kg midfielder Norwood(given recent history of taking SA U18 captains could we do a 3 peat here)

Xavier O'Halloran 187cm 83kg inside midfielder Western Jets

Luke Foley 187cm 75kg inside midfielder Subiaco

Second round players

Ely Smith 188cm 86kg inside midfielder Murray

Jack Bytel 188cm 82kg inside midfielder Calder

Jye Caldwell 184cm 82kg midfielder Bendigo

These are my choices based on the reading I've done. I don't claim to be any sort of expert but I do have a bit of interest in the next batch coming through. If we could land a couple of the above this year it would certainly strengthen our inside midfield depth. With trading likely to include a couple of fringe players moving for more opportunity or closer to home we may end up with a couple of other picks in the first 3 rounds.

But for now it would be great to get some opinions from others as to names they might have noticed over the U18 champs.

FWIW here is the current depth chart

2018 Pre Draft Depth Chart.jpg

Last edited:

Collier-Dawkins and Caldwell are the two I've been keen on.
Don't see Caldwell making it to us.

like O’Hallaran who fits a need (inside mid). Watching the u18 carnival he didn’t get heaps of the pill for a midfielder but his possessions were quality ones- clearances and long kicking. Seems to have the game that would fit nicely into our current game plan, focusing on quality rather than quantity, and a real team first attitude

Last edited:
I always find AFL Draft Central a good place for info.

RCD could slide after only averaging 14 disposals in the TAC since the Champs. Valente just looks like he's a Tiger to me in the way he plays though.

Ely Smith looks like he could make an instant impact at stoppages for whoever picks him up but could be similar to Dylan Clarke in that he burns the ball in space.

This is all going off highlights on youtube, so what do I know.

I suspect that we will go after a mid first round this year. Then best available. Looks like we'll have solid choices first round then fairly normal opportunities thereafter. It'll be interesting to see if we trade a couple of guys to package our way into a couple of second round picks. Be nice to get some more quality into the squad to extend the window. :D

I always find AFL Draft Central a good place for info.

RCD could slide after only averaging 14 disposals in the TAC since the Champs. Valente just looks like he's a Tiger to me in the way he plays though.

Ely Smith looks like he could make an instant impact at stoppages for whoever picks him up but could be similar to Dylan Clarke in that he burns the ball in space.

This is all going off highlights on youtube, so what do I know.
Isn't that site the one Bishop used to write for before moving on the bigger and better things.

Isn't that site the one Bishop used to write for before moving on the bigger and better things.

correct. He is now with Fox Footy!

I have Pie 4 Life and another of his Draft Central team members coming on for a podcast closer to draft time to give the full run down and a mock draft etc, should be good!

correct. He is now with Fox Footy!

I have Pie 4 Life and another of his Draft Central team members coming on for a podcast closer to draft time to give the full run down and a mock draft etc, should be good!
Well he's moved onto other things :p The way we're going it might not be bigger and better for much longer aha ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting that all those big numbers and 18 games and only kicked 2 goals....that would be a worry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back