List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time a power key forward won a GF off their own boot.

Lockett = nil.
Riewoldt = nil.
Gehrig = nil.

Elite midfielders win finals and big games. IMO we need to back in Bruce, Battle & Marshall. Trade Paddy out if there is a reasonable offer. Then trade for or draft quality mids and more mids with speed & skills.
Yer spot on mate, exactly why Geelong are winning the flag.. oh wait maybe there’s more to it? Maybe like having a Coleman medalist for the team picked to go back to back? Not sure it’s as simple as you think. Best TALENT AVAILABLE.

If we are fair dinkum about drafting King we must trade one of our key forwards out to get back in the draft.

Geelong have pick 11 which is probably overs for Paddy, but that gets us into the range of someone like Collier-Dawkins, Hill or Butters.
Pick 11 is Hateley range. I consider him the second best mid behind Walsh. (Seen both smith and hately) saw smith early in the season before I moved to Adelaide and saw some of Rozee Luko and hately. Hately a superb link up player with a real good ability to find a target by hand and smart at getting hands free out of congestion (Bont) goes forward and kicks goals aswell can play inside and outside. His knock is penetration of kicking? Kinda like Cripps I guess but he’s kind of a beast that will dish off the hands anyway. An upgrade on what we have currently He’s going to be a handy player

I still believe you can get away with have just average key forwards ad long as you have a terrific midfield though.

Steele, Gresh, Clarke, Coffield, Dunstan, Acres, Billings. Apart from 2014 we’ve been consistently investing in small-mediums that should be developed as mids. I don’t see the issue in pullings the trigger & getting a tall with our first pick. It’s all about development to get elite mids IMO.

Just remember Battle, Membrey & Marshall are latish/rookie picks. Imagine getting a Daniher/Lynch/Cameron to build around. And Paddy & King should never be compared.

Pick 11 is Hateley range. I consider him the second best mid behind Walsh. (Seen both smith and hately) saw smith early in the season before I moved to Adelaide and saw some of Rozee Luko and hately. Hately a superb link up player with a real good ability to find a target by hand and smart at getting hands free out of congestion (Bont) goes forward and kicks goals aswell can play inside and outside. His knock is penetration of kicking? Kinda like Cripps I guess but he’s kind of a beast that will dish off the hands anyway. An upgrade on what we have currently He’s going to be a handy player
Unfortunately I believe Hately will be gone by that pick when you factor in that GC will have a PP and Sydney will jump in front with am academy pick it will end up being 13.

Will there be another all stars game pre grand final this year?

I hope so, they really sort the wheat from the chaff, Jayden Stephenson and Worpol owned that game, the year before Sam Powell- Pepper really put on a show along with Battle and Shai Bolton. If you aren't sure how good some will be against real top line opposition, they are a good indicator.

Ahh yep. Wow Paddy didn't exactly set the world on fire did he? King almost did more in 1 game
You’ll cry if I put up Petraccas stats over the 2 years:'(
Probably the most dominant 2-year player in TAC cup history...and he’s not taken at Pick 1

You’ll cry if I put up Petraccas stats over the 2 years:'(
Probably the most dominant 2-year player in TAC cup history...and he’s not taken at Pick 1

Yeah I was all aboard the Petracca train before that draft... was bewildered when we went McCartin. To be fair though I think Petracca is a bit of an overrated figjam now anyway.

Yeah I was all aboard the Petracca train before that draft... was bewildered when we went McCartin. To be fair though I think Petracca is a bit of an overrated figjam now anyway.

He played a very good game last weekend. My Melbourne mates all rate him and they are good judges, I think he's always quiet when he plays us.

He played a very good game last weekend. My Melbourne mates all rate him and they are good judges, I think he's always quiet when he plays us.
He did some really good things on Friday. I'd have him comfortably behind DeGoey and Brayshaw but I did think at the time that we should have taken Petracca and at this stage it looks like we should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did some really good things on Friday. I'd have him comfortably behind DeGoey and Brayshaw but I did think at the time that we should have taken Petracca and at this stage it looks like we should have.

Yeah, De Goey is looking like he's as damaging as Toby Greene as a modern multi dimensional forward and only going to get better. Brayshaw is as consistent as. He's looking like poor mans Josh Kelly. I just hope Paddy becomes a GOP even, just so it wasn't a write off.

Yeah he's just not looking like he will ever be a full time mid which is what we would have wanted from him.

I'd take anything that's a win. Even if he's not a mid or likely to be, we should have gone de Goey or Brayshaw, both proper mids.

I'd take anything that's a win. Even if he's not a mid or likely to be, we should have gone de Goey or Brayshaw, both proper mids.
DeGoey and even Brayshaw were never really in pick 1 contention as far as I can remember. Everything's good in hindsight, rarely does the best player end up going number one.

It was always either Petracca or Paddy. We chose the wrong one by the looks of it, but you would have been quite a judge if you had of taken DeGoey at one.

29aso7a.jpg

Yer spot on mate, exactly why Geelong are winning the flag.. oh wait maybe there’s more to it? Maybe like having a Coleman medalist for the team picked to go back to back? Not sure it’s as simple as you think. Best TALENT AVAILABLE.

Geelong have 2 elite mids - Richmond have about 12 very good midfield type players on all lines.

Jack Riewoldt plays more like a tall flanker than a traditional key forward. Even Caddy kicked plenty of goals at Richmond their spread of talent is that broad.

My point is I think Bruce and co can play a similiar role, but we desperately need to find the mids to get quality ball in there. We dont need another tall forward, we need quality midfielders and have for years.

Feel and felt exactly the same.

Prefer Bradshaw to both of them now.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still believe you can get away with have just average key forwards ad long as you have a terrific midfield though.
Thats our biggest issue so many missing parts. Were not at the stage where we can target a certain issue within the list. There are way too many holes to fix immediately.

Geelong have 2 elite mids - Richmond have about 12 very good midfield type players on all lines.

Jack Riewoldt plays more like a tall flanker than a traditional key forward. Even Caddy kicked plenty of goals at Richmond their spread of talent is that broad.

My point is I think Bruce and co can play a similiar role, but we desperately need to find the mids to get quality ball in there. We dont need another tall forward, we need quality midfielders and have for years.
So a midfield of kelly Duncan gaz Selwood and danger isn’t an elite midfield?

He was alright, but I think if he was playing for us now we'd be complaining about him being another terrible kick of the footy rather than a classy ball user.

He was alright, but I think if he was playing for us now we'd be complaining about him being another terrible kick of the footy rather than a classy ball user.
2 of his passes last weekend were bloody awesome. The speed they travelled at made them impossible to defend. Compare that with Seb's little league floaters and Mav's grubbers. He's made for finals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back