List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not on it. Just coming to terms that we will likely end up with the campaigner.

I'm sure he'll be a good player but I'm just finding it hard to get excited about a bloke that we probably won't see for most of the year and then will likely take 4 years before he makes much of an impact... :(

Hogan kicked 44 in his second season...Cameron kicked 62 in his second season...buddy 73 in his third season. They ain’t all Paddy McCartin slow burns

541d8UZfsT1hHh5rg2ArvNbp18924dAWKL2dYEIMdS6USsxkjPLx3vY4vSTXaSIMeMV7LNEUWERwOE6fuqQf7Qem0DzYXzbyCtxNSm9ZMe-cVnradJsT=w512-h288-nc
WTF? is going on TB?
I'm still hard! Ol Percy obviously hates Richo even more than me!

Trying to get a read on your Triggering Cryptic Bomb man?
So are you saying that Gavin Brown will push M Voss into taking out Richo again
so therefore either Dipper or King Wally are going to be our new coach!

Unorthodox but i'll take it! Still an improvement!

WTF? is going on TB?
I'm still hard! Ol Percy obviously hates Richo even more than me!

Trying to get a read on your Triggering Cryptic Bomb man?
So are you saying that Gavin Brown will push M Voss into taking out Richo again
so therefore either Dipper or King Wally are going to be our new coach!

Unorthodox but i'll take it! Still an improvement!

I know a campaigner, who knows a campaigner, who knows a campaigner, & he said, Richo will be sacked this year. I’m still holding out hope cos over the past six years the spotted one has systematically tore the fabric of our footy club apart. Just go, Cho!

Hogan kicked 44 in his second season...Cameron kicked 62 in his second season...buddy 73 in his third season. They ain’t all Paddy McCartin slow burns
Fair enough. None of those dudes are 12 foot tall though. All those giants seem to take a decade to get going.

He is very mobile I guess but Daniher barely got a kick until a few years in.

Hogan doesn't score many more goals than Bruce though still.

Believe it or not i played footy with that young fella at Wagga Tigers. Pity he couldnt make it but he was handy as a 16 year old playing senior footy.

His highlights make him look a gun.

Whilst i want to go on record as saying rankine and smith are my preferences (in that order) im hapy enough to get king coz he is obviously very talented.

I just wish i knew the thoughts behind getting another key fwd when we have a glut of them.

Does bruce get tried back again?
Does paddy have 1 more year then flick of he hasn't come good?
Does marshall become a key back?

I'm sure they've got plans that make getting king a smart move, but i am struggling to see what it is...

Whilst i want to go on record as saying rankine and smith are my preferences (in that order) im hapy enough to get king coz he is obviously very talented.

I just wish i knew the thoughts behind getting another key fwd when we have a glut of them.

I'm sure they've got plans that make getting king a smart move, but i am struggling to see what it is...
I'd be happy to bet that if we do draft him we will try and turn Marshall into a first ruck option. Worth a crack I reckon. He actually looked okay in the ruck when he was in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please not Paddy back. The melts would be epic. I doubt very much whether his agility / speed are good enough to play key back.

If the club sees MKing as the next Roo and he loves the club I can see them taking him. He won't play many 1st year though so not likely to impact setup too much in 2019.

PS. Sack Richo
PPS. GF Purple

I'd be happy to bet that if we do draft him we will try and turn Marshall into a first ruck option. Worth a crack I reckon. He actually looked okay in the ruck when he was in there.

I doubt that, Marshall would be playing at Sandy. He's okay as a Lobb type but would struggle as a first ruck.

Please not Paddy back. The melts would be epic. I doubt very much whether his agility / speed are good enough to play key back.

If the club sees MKing as the next Roo and he loves the club I can see them taking him. He won't play many 1st year though so not likely to impact setup too much in 2019.

PS. Sack Richo
PPS. GF Purple

Sorry mate, probably badly worded. I was hypothesizing Bruce or Marshall back. Paddy fwd or not at all. Could be really good as a stay at home fwd on their 2nd best defender

Sorry mate, probably badly worded. I was hypothesizing Bruce or Marshall back. Paddy fwd or not at all. Could be really good as a stay at home fwd on their 2nd best defender
Ah, misread your post :$

I doubt that, Marshall would be playing at Sandy. He's okay as a Lobb type but would struggle as a first ruck.
He'd be playing at Sandy if we kept trying to play him as a forward too.

Marshall is only 22 and looked okay when he played in the ruck. Most ruck don't start showing a lot until 25 or so. It's worth a crack and I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen.

I know a campaigner, who knows a campaigner, who knows a campaigner, & he said, Richo will be sacked this year. I’m still holding out hope cos over the past six years the spotted one has systematically tore the fabric of our footy club apart. Just go, Cho!
Rumours still bubbling around of sacking prior to Xmas. Should have done it before trade week if going to so soon after.

If we take Max King at 204cm, having just added Sam as a rookie at 211cm, and with Biggy to come next year (195cm as a 16/17 yr old). we are going to be tall.
If you're worried we're going to be too big with Biggy then maybe we need to recruit his brother Biggy Smalls instead

images

Just gotta hope we don't then become too small and then have to recruit his other brother Biggy Big Bigs

Don’t know if this has been posted, but just going through different articles to see if there are any decent outside midfielders further down the list if we trade 4.
Came across Knightmares take on Max King, his weaknesses must be a worry.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...e-power-rankings-unheralded-trio-break-top-20

5. Max King (VIC)
Best position: Key forward/ruckman
Height, weight: 202cm, 85kg
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Projected draft range: 2-10
Plays like: Joe Daniher
Rationale: Out for the season with a torn ACL. As difficult to defend inside 50m as any junior key forward in recent years.
August Ranking: 5
Strengths:
Height
Long arms
Takes front position in marking contests
Body positioning in the contest
Draws free kicks inside 50m
Jumps towards the ball when taking marks
Contested marking
One-on-one marking
Marks at the highest point
Clean at ground level