List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack was bloody average on weekend..

Rankine .....usual dominance

Actually we need Rankine , Rozee & Hately .....Hill would be nice but think will be gone

Where do you think we will finish? I think we will finish last or second last now. I just can't see us winning a game until the show down with Carlton and even then I'm not sure we are going to beat them.

He seems mostly inside to me. I really hope we get some pace in the form of Hill or Rankine. We don't have much spark or zip ATM.
I get ya, but I think we just need to take the best available midfielder. Not saying he’ll be the one, but he’ll likely be in discussions.

Still yet to see a lot of him but from what I’ve read he has a fair bit of pace and is a terrific kick as well as being able to win the contested footy which sounds exciting.

Where do you think we will finish? I think we will finish last or second last now. I just can't see us winning a game until the show down with Carlton and even then I'm not sure we are going to beat them.

Think Gold Coast /Carlton very gettable.

The Blues are the best tanking team in the competition ever since the Kreuzer cup .

For those unsure about Lukoscious, whilst its easy to say he's a key position forward and be frightened you really have to look closer and see what he's actually done and what attributes he has the same for the king boys.

Unlike Schache, Boyd or Paddy Lukoscious biggest strength is not his body work or out muscling opponents. He is very much just more athletic and more of an athlete then those above whilst still being a very good overhead mark. I think a trait of good young KPF coming through , Curnow, Hipwood etc is that they tend be more versatile as they come in to the League. Lukoscious fits this mould as he could very reasonably play all three parts of the ground. This is all before you look at his performances. Last year as a bottom ager he kicked 4 goals in a preliminary final in his debut at SANFL level.

He is also 196 cm
HIs biggest strengths are porbably
Kicking around the ground
Overhead Marking
Running
Kicking for goal
Leading Patterns

Weaknesses
Body Strength,
Big Pack contested marking

If he's available your not passing on him.

For those unsure about Lukoscious, whilst its easy to say he's a key position forward and be frightened you really have to look closer and see what he's actually done and what attributes he has the same for the king boys.

Unlike Schache, Boyd or Paddy Lukoscious biggest strength is not his body work or out muscling opponents. He is very much just more athletic and more of an athlete then those above whilst still being a very good overhead mark. I think a trait of good young KPF coming through , Curnow, Hipwood etc is that they tend be more versatile as they come in to the League. Lukoscious fits this mould as he could very reasonably play all three parts of the ground. This is all before you look at his performances. Last year as a bottom ager he kicked 4 goals in a preliminary final in his debut at SANFL level.

He is also 196 cm
HIs biggest strengths are porbably
Kicking around the ground
Overhead Marking
Running
Kicking for goal
Leading Patterns

Weaknesses
Body Strength,
Big Pack contested marking

If he's available your not passing on him.

With respect so was Jack Watts not knocking kid at all but Watts was elite in all those categories.

With respect so was Jack Watts not knocking kid at all but Watts was elite in all those categories.
Jack watts is a tad different to JL you just have to watch him to figure it out. And I'm talking live not just his highlights. His leading Patterns and hard gut running is unbelievable. On debut last year as as 16 year old first match against seniors and kicks 4 out of his aides 7 in a prelim is fu**ed. completely different player to the boyd shache and paddy mould a few years back.

didnt stand out to me, but it was a senior side beating up on some kids. so highlights few and far between.

number 8 for WA had some serious mongrel about him. had a serious crack at it. number 18 or 19, can't re-call which one was very agile, couple of nice things. clean pick up.
Number 8 was Luke Moore of South Fremantle. He is one of mine. I wasn't there but your clue was enough , so I asked him today. If he wore his bright orange boots , you might need your retinas checked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is Crows are desperate to take Lukosious..

Crows hold dees 1st rounder and carltons 2nd rounder.

I'm not saying the crows would agree to the following trade, but it would have to be in our favour to part with pick 2..

Saints pick 2 and 56
Crows pick 15, 16, 19

Points wise it's about 400 points in our favour which is the equivalent of a 3rd rounder. If give the crows our 3rd rounder next year if needed.

Gives us 3 stabs at the top 20 kids in the country, which to be honest I'd prefer given our last 2 top picks in Mccartin and billings have not produced stars (yet!)

Number 8 was Luke Moore of South Fremantle. He is one of mine. I wasn't there but your clue was enough , so I asked him today. If he wore his bright orange boots , you might need your retinas checked out.
His effort was impressive. Never took a backwards step. Even went the push and shove with a more senior opponent behind play.

That’s a fair concern , I would say this though jack watts was ruined by development and also I think lukoscious is more willing to take contact he may not be good at it yet but will be in the future

I'm not saying the crows would agree to the following trade, but it would have to be in our favour to part with pick 2..

Saints pick 2 and 56
Crows pick 15, 16, 19

Points wise it's about 400 points in our favour which is the equivalent of a 3rd rounder. If give the crows our 3rd rounder next year if needed.

Gives us 3 stabs at the top 20 kids in the country, which to be honest I'd prefer given our last 2 top picks in Mccartin and billings have not produced stars (yet!)
No. Why can't our fan bas comprehend that we need a star and not more B Graders! Grinds my gears so bloody much

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. Why can't our fan bas comprehend that we need a star and not more B Graders! Grinds my gears so bloody much

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like I said - our recent track record with top 3 picks has been dubious and to be fair the last 3-4 drafts the top 3 picks are not exactly dominating the comp...?

Why not have 3 stabs at the top 20 kids in the country?

I'll sure you'll agree that 'stars' don't necessarily come from the top 3 picks in recent times. But hey, stay obsessed with that idea if you wish. Id rather 3 cracks at landing a gun than 1 top pick. And if we do go.to the draft with pick 2, imagine the pressure on the kid before he's even played a game. It will be disastrous!

E.g.
Fyfe (20)
Sloane (44)
Dangerfield (10)
Parker (40)
Hanneberry (30)
Zorko (zone selection, overlooked in national draft)
Beams (29)
Adams (13)
Sidebottom (11)
Cripps (13)
Merret (26)
Neale (58)
Rance (18)
Jack Steven (42)
Robbie Gray (55)

Saints pick 2 and 56
Crows pick 15, 16, 19

I wouldn’t worry too much about the points system. If they are desperate for Lukosius or Rankine they have to expect they might lose out a little with the points.

As for the trade, I think it’s definitely worth thinking about, especially now we probably know one player won’t fix our issues.

It’s probably too early to tell whether it’ll be worth it though as we need to know what type of quality will go around those picks. They do say the top 15 or so are top end, we wouldn’t want to miss out of the crop.

There’s also a fair chance the Crows end up with another first round pick for the Sloane compo which makes it more likely they’ll want to trade up.

Saints pick 2 and 56
Crows pick 15, 16, 19

Looks like a great trade Punter. I would rather have 3 x talented kids in top 20 than 1 supposed superstar. The only issue is would he slide to the 2nd pick?

Superstars dont win flags alone, its a strong talented list that acheives that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back