List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know there is still plenty of time left to prove things but I’m just worried that rankine will be nothing more than a small forward and we desperately need midfielders. Is his kicking even elite? Looks a bit loopy at times. He actually reminds me a lot of Shai Bolton from the tigers who got taken around pick 25 and hasn’t done anything to say that he is going to be a good footballer yet. For a super draft there’s no one jumping out of the page for me yet but we will have a better idea after the champs I suppose

Last edited:
I know there is still plenty of time left to prove things but I’m just worried that rankine will be nothing more than a small forward and we desperately need midfielders. Is his kicking even elite? Looks a bit loopy at times. He actually reminds me a lot of Shai Bolton from the tigers who got taken around pick 25 and hasn’t done anything to say that he is going to be a good footballer yet. For a super draft there’s no one jumping out of the page for me yet but we will have a better idea after the champs I suppose
He's a lot more promising than Bolton, but yeah there seems t be a question over how many highlights he has vs how many blunders he has.

Rd3 South Australia vs Western Australia Alberton Oval TBC Sun, Jun 3, 11am TBC
Rd1 Allies vs Vic Country Spotless Stadium Sat, Jun 9, 1:10pm
Western Australia vs Vic Metro Optus Stadium Sun, Jun 10, 11:40am
BYE - South Australia
Rd2 Allies vs Vic Metro Southport Sat, Jun 16, 11.00am
South Australia vs Vic Country Thebarton Oval Sun, Jun 17, 11am
BYE – Western Australia
Rd3 Vic Country vs Vic Metro MCG Sat, Jun 24, 12.00pm
BYE – Allies
Rd4 Allies vs South Australia GMHBA Stadium Fri, Jun 29, 2:10pm
Vic Country vs Western Australia GMHBA Stadium Fri, Jun 29, 4:40pm
BYE – Vic Metro
Rd5 Allies vs Western Australia Etihad Stadium Wed, July 4, 2.10pm
Vic Metro vs South Australia Etihad Stadium Wed, July 4, 4.40pm

Walsh and Smith would be the best bets for that description.

With the greatest respect Walsh is average kick.

Just watch 4 players in the championships who are fast who kick the ball well

Rankine ,Hill , Rozee , Hately

They are players we need , unfortunately due to Trout we may be get one.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on Smith?

Has a nice kick, has plenty of speed and wins contested footy.

We are in another 3 year rebuild for mine.

For me if he is there Rankine then daylight .

Only hope is we trade to somehow get back into draft early and in interim have a crack at Gaff & Sloane.

Long term would be trying to get uncontracted players with outside speed ..Menadue , Bolton , Markov
Drew

I like the look of rozee. Good size with speed and composure. Kicks goals and good on the ground or above his head. Already playing against men in the sanfl and holding his own. Only question mark may be his ball winning ability and his inside game

I like the look of rozee. Good size with speed and composure. Kicks goals and good on the ground or above his head. Already playing against men in the sanfl and holding his own. Only question mark may be his ball winning ability and his inside game
Our inside mids can feed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on Smith?

Has a nice kick, has plenty of speed and wins contested footy.

Smith sounds like what we have in spades. Good solid citizen types who lack the excitement factor. Rankine looks like electric glitter, the campaigner makes me want to watch footy again. We need some X factor types that can rise above Richo's snooze fest, grinding game plan. Luko if we get pick one, Ranko if we get pick 2 IMO. * the boring types.

I'd very much be open to the idea of trading pick 2/3 for two later top 10-12 picks, seems like there will be quality all the way down to there at this stage.

Probably also worth asking North if they'd swap this years first for ours next year if it looks as though they'll have to use it on Thomas

In the national draft since 2012, have we drafted a natural onballer outside of Dunstan & Gresham?

Here's hoping Libba has an eye for pure modern day midfielders.

Our list would have to lack the most agility and spread in the comp.

Trout and Richo were both boring average players and want guys in their own mould. We will find a way to get some beige out of this draft somehow. Trout is still the boss.

Hunter Clarke

Overall that's 1 genuine mid for every 7 picks, or one every two years. Any wonder we have the worst midfield in the comp

He was a half back as well though. He was a HB that started to transition to the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back