List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
The indigenous take on so much extra pressure by representing their community on top of everything else.

Not sure Gary Rohan is the best player to be modelling his game on.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just watched those highlights.... definitely something to work with, has speed, can kick off both feet, isn't afraid to get stuck in and is always looking to run with the ball which is massive for hbfers/wingers.

With the experience we've added we should hopefully be in a position to develop these kids at Peel for longer. Give them time to build themselves up, physically and mentally before we give them games. Get them champing at the bit down at Peel.

Doodee at Adelaide played at SANFL level for 2yrs before getting a game. Certainly didn't hurt his development.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Just watched those highlights.... definitely something to work with, has speed, can kick off both feet, isn't afraid to get stuck in and is always looking to run with the ball which is massive for hbfers/wingers.

With the experience we've added we should hopefully be in a position to develop these kids at Peel for longer. Give them time to build themselves up, physically and mentally before we give them games. Get them champing at the bit down at Peel.

Doodee at Adelaide played at SANFL level for 2yrs before getting a game. Certainly didn't hurt his development.
Takes a great grab as well. Just about every colts game I listened to he took at least on hanger. Solid general mark as well.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-08/dockers-prospect-carter-ready-to-put-wyndham-on-the-map

So Jason Carter has been nominated by Fremantle. Either our last ND pick or better still makes it through to the rookie draft as a Cat-b rookie.

Not heard if Medhat has been nominated.
If we have nominated him for the ND then I don't expect us to pass on him at 65 (unless we are only taking 3 ND picks) and hope he makes it to the RD. If we use 65 on someone else, then we won't have the list spot to match a bid after 65 for him.

Bell and Rosich made a point of how they were happy to be back in the 2nd-4th round so I doubt we pass at 65. I reckon we can lock Carter at 65 in.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we have nominated him for the ND then I don't expect us to pass on him at 65 (unless we are only taking 3 ND picks) and hope he makes it to the RD. If we use 65 on someone else, then we won't have the list spot to match a bid after 65 for him.

Bell and Rosich made a point of how they were happy to be back in the 2nd-4th round so I doubt we pass at 65. I reckon we can lock Carter at 65 in.
Pass at 65 and he is bid on after you take him on the main list then. Otherwise let him go Cat B then you get an extra Cat A rookie

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
anybody know if this means that we haven't nominated Medhat?
If we get Hill & Carter, that's a fair injection of speed into the squad

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Even if Sumich hates Freo for a good reason, I doubt that has anything to do with Carter and sticking it to him in the media is poor form. Even if Carter is a complete tool, as his under 18s coach you have to support him as best you can or you are in the wrong job.

Having said that, do agree with him that the fumbles need to be cleaned up. The rest looks good. His kicking when in space is nice.

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Pretty sure Suma pointed out the positives too, not sure all the fuss, pretty sure a fair few "couch" coaches here on Big Footy have said a lot worse about players....LOL.

Good luck to the youngster and lets hope he becomes a very very good AFL player over time....like what Suma said from memory

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty sure Suma pointed out the positives too, not sure all the fuss, pretty sure a fair few "couch" coaches here on Big Footy have said a lot worse about players....LOL.

Good luck to the youngster and lets hope he becomes a very very good AFL player over time....like what Suma said from memory
Yeah, but he is suppose to be a support figure and has no tact.

It is fine to constructively point out things to work on (in fact it is essential) but the delivery matters. Who knows, maybe Jason likes the tough love but you certainly can't take that approach with every player and I wouldn't recommend it in a public forum for anyone - makes you look like a flog.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

This sounds reasonable at first, but then I think if you go looking for a single other instance of him saying, on record, about one of his own players that they 'could be delisted after two years' you are not going to find anything remotely like it.

Carter missed 2017 and then played 2018 looking like this:

Jason+Carter+Vic+Country+vs+Western+Australia+5-dPQJGdE6jl.jpg

Allies+v+Western+Australia+2018+NAB+AFL+Under+Hm6OIEDQB0sl.jpg

Something nagging at the back of my brain is saying he needed surgery on either the thumb or the wrist.

But it's not like you need that working for clean hands.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Pass at 65 and he is bid on after you take him on the main list then. Otherwise let him go Cat B then you get an extra Cat A rookie
Live pick trading? Trade 65 for 89? Keeps us in the game if a bid comes, and if one doesn't, there won't be many players taken after 65. Having him as a Cat B seems to have some significant advantages.

Back