Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Did ANYONE find the telecast interesting to watch? If so, you need help (and a life). Glad I didn't waste my time. I started watching the replay (fast forwarded to the first pick) - if that isn't the most boring, artificially protracted show that's ever been televised...

If anyone was ever in doubt that the AFL are trying to be relevant for 365 days a year then that will convince them. I bet they love leap years so they can be relevant for 366 days that year. Is Eddie advising them?

Tomorrow night I'll be washing my hair or getting run over by a bulldozer or something.

Before someone pipes up

bcf5f79bbfec28d25c129c7cb901c574

I imagine it would be like the TV equivalent of being forced to listen to the Triple J Top 100 or something. Wouldn't waste my time.

The AFL will never be the NFL and should just give up trying - it's beyond embarrassing.

Didn't watch it, not really much point.

The key difference between the US and here in terms of the draft is the way the whole system is setup. Athletes who on the whole have a college "career" prior to the NFL, and it is clearly set out there that Saturday is College Football day, Sunday is NFL. Therefore, players have plenty of exposure and gain a profile, both on a local and for the better teams, national scale. That translates into a draft where even average sport/football fans likely watch some of both, so have a really good idea of who the players are.

Here it is only those who have a vested interest through a family member being in the system, coaching, talent scout or media person who knows anything about them. Pretty hard for most people to get to excited or interested IMO. But hey, good on them for persisting I guess. Everybody has a choice about whether they watch it or not.

What was it with Gil walking up each time?

He is terminally boring as a speaker all the same, but the walk thing was just so unseasonably painful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back