Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can't work out how many of the guys on my roster with 1 year left on their contract are actually out of contract??
Go to the league site for 2018, on the front page scroll down a little, there's a link to the spreadsheet which shows all that info and the rookies off contract

Pretty sure Julio and AB are RFAs, and therefore can't be traded

Wait, so then what options do i have? Do i place tenders on them or can i sign and trade before the draft if i wanted to?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I spoke to GG.exe about trading Julio or Brown yesterday and nothing was mentioned by the boss that i couldnt trade them.
Sorry, i forgot to check if they were RFAs or not. Been stressed out so busy.

Drd23 is right, you can't trade RFAs. If they are. I'll check soon.

The only options one has with RFAs are....

1. Tag them and let them go thru the RFA Bidding Process.
2. Don't tag them and let them go thru the RFA Bidding Process.

1--If someone bids on your tagged player, and you PASS, then they receive the player, get to give them a new 3-5 yr contract, they get slapped with the bid dollars on their cap, and have to give you a draft pick that you assigned to them. If you MATCH, then YOU get to keep the player, give them a new 3-5 yr contract and get that bidding amount added to your cap. If NO ONE bids on a tagged player, they return to your roster on the 1 yr contract + the value of the tag gets added to your cap.

2--Same as above except no draft picks or tag value is involved.

Note--If the non-tagged player has a salary $5m and above and you PASS, you will earn a 2nd round compensatory pick.

Again, during the RFA process you do not bid on your own players as you get the choice to "match/pass".

After the RFA process, if the players are still on your roster, you can then trade them.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Normally, the trade season never opens until after the RFA Process (which runs all of April). When that ends, I re-instate all management abilities back to the team owners so that people can then go nuts and trade and release players.

But some people wanted to make trades before the RFA Process began, so obviously the condition is no RFAs can be traded then. Because that's the point of the RFA process -- when a player returns to 0 years contract, they're no longer contracted to you, you just merely own the right to MATCH the best offer.

It's important people use the spreadsheet, check the spreadsheet, because all the info on who is an RFA and who is an off-contract rookie is there. Not on the site, because I HAD TO go thru the arduous chore of updating all the player salaries. So i transported all the info to the spreadsheet first so as to not lose that info, and THEN i updated the salaries on the site.

Normally, the trade season never opens until after the RFA Process (which runs all of April). When that ends, I re-instate all management abilities back to the team owners so that people can then go nuts and trade and release players.

But some people wanted to make trades before the RFA Process began, so obviously the condition is no RFAs can be traded then. Because that's the point of the RFA process -- when a player returns to 0 years contract, they're no longer contracted to you, you just merely own the right to MATCH the best offer.

It's important people use the spreadsheet, check the spreadsheet, because all the info on who is an RFA and who is an off-contract rookie is there. Not on the site, because I HAD TO go thru the arduous chore of updating all the player salaries. So i transported all the info to the spreadsheet first so as to not lose that info, and THEN i updated the salaries on the site.

No worries, i just assumed we could re-sign and tag any players on our rosters with expiring deals at their price from the previous season. Obviously this dynasty comp is a lot different to any other i have played before.

Remove my current tags mate, ill come up with what i want to do with my players OOC in the next few days. Cheers.

Just go;

1st rounders

Jones
Brown
Green

Im sorry to do it to you again GG, my mind has changed once again since doing some research on what previous players fetched in the bidding period, excuse my newb behaviour... :$

Chandler Jones - 2nd round pick
Justin Houston - 3rd round pick
Gronk - 1st round pick

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
arakaan Blacky BeinPurplenGreen Hoggy Dixie Flatline peterbuch74

Only about 6 days to go before the deadline ends.

Need you guys to tell me what off-contract rookies you want extended for 1 or 2 years, and which off-contract vets you want to franchise tag.

See the League Site, main page, and scroll down, for all the info and spreadsheet where the info is.

If people miss the deadline, Commish will just make a best guess -- which is NOT ideal.

Back