Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in the process of re-vamping the MAIN home page of our league site, so that every single calendar event month has an explanation of what's required, and the rules. This'll make it easier every year, not having to post in a thread and losing track of where all that info was posted as the pages go by.

When I'm done, just scroll down under the League Calender, and you'll see a "War and Peace" length detailed explanation for everything.

Ok I have completed War and Peace empire-style. Go to MFL Empire home page and everything should be there.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks for that GG, just the one question, what is the salary on auction waivers and for picking up people off the waiver wire? Is it based purely on the previous seasons performance or is there some sort of deduction because they are on waivers ?

Thanks for that GG, just the one question, what is the salary on auction waivers and for picking up people off the waiver wire? Is it based purely on the previous seasons performance or is there some sort of deduction because they are on waivers ?
Auction waivers you have 1000 dollars to spend for the month of August. It's fake money. Doesn't count towards your cap. Just for the use of that month.

Otherwise rest of the season is normal wiaver wire system. No dollars, no bids. You just make a claim and it depends on where you are in the waiver order.

Until there are official standings after week 1, the Sept 1 to Sept 5 waivers, the order would be timestamp of the waiver claim, whoever put a claim in earlier.

Auction waivers you have 1000 dollars to spend for the month of August. It's fake money. Doesn't count towards your cap. Just for the use of that month.

Otherwise rest of the season is normal wiaver wire system. No dollars, no bids. You just make a claim and it depends on where you are in the waiver order.

Until there are official standings after week 1, the Sept 1 to Sept 5 waivers, the order would be timestamp of the waiver claim, whoever put a claim in earlier.

Sigh, did you even read my question? :p

I know all of that. I was asking if you have to pay a player on waivers 100% of his calculated salary from the previous year or if there is any sort of deduction because he is on waivers?

In the real world if a player was on waivers and can't get what he wants he would sign a one year deal on a discount to "prove it"

Sigh, did you even read my question? :p

I know all of that. I was asking if you have to pay a player on waivers 100% of his calculated salary from the previous year or if there is any sort of deduction because he is on waivers?

In the real world if a player was on waivers and can't get what he wants he would sign a one year deal on a discount to "prove it"
All players in the waiver pool are Free Agents. If they had 0 years at the start of this season, I already recalculated their new salary (based on what they scored in 2017) and by default they all get a 1 year contract.

So if you claim some Free Agent, and he remains on your roster at the end of the season, he ends up becoming a RFA by the start of 2019 off season. Where you get to franchise tag him or not in March, get to MATCH or PASS on bids made on him during April. And if you matched, you'd get to offer him a new 3-5 year contract where his salary is recalculated off 2018 score.

There are many free agents who already have 2-5 year contracts because they were previously owned players given 3-5 year contracts but got released at some point and sat there never claimed by anyone else.

These players retain previous contracts and salaries until they in turn reach 0 years.

You have answered the question above cheers for clearing it up; i had already typed out this so

For example; Blake Martinez had a huge year (fantasy wise) as the MLB last year for the Packers, his salary for next year is now 3.7m making him one of the most highly paid LBs in fantasy, but the Packers stilll have doubts on him being the long term answer. Why would anyone sign him to a deal on that salary with so much doubt around his actual worth? Obviously he warrants being on a roster, aside from franchise tagging him, anyone else looking to pick him up would be mad at his current salary.

Im not trying to reinvent the wheel or tell you how it should be done, just giving some food for thought in terms of player movement and having guys who can contribute for teams yet are sitting on the waiver wire all year because they had a fantastic previous season and no one wanting to touch them because of their huge salary.

You have answered the question above cheers for clearing it up; i had already typed out this so

For example; Blake Martinez had a huge year (fantasy wise) as the MLB last year for the Packers, his salary for next year is now 3.7m making him one of the most highly paid LBs in fantasy, but the Packers stilll have doubts on him being the long term answer. Why would anyone sign him to a deal on that salary with so much doubt around his actual worth? Obviously he warrants being on a roster, aside from franchise tagging him, anyone else looking to pick him up would be mad at his current salary.

Im not trying to reinvent the wheel or tell you how it should be done, just giving some food for thought in terms of player movement and having guys who can contribute for teams yet are sitting on the waiver wire all year because they had a fantastic previous season and no one wanting to touch them because of their huge salary.
There's already a HUGE amount of things I have to do as commish in terms of updating salaries and creating aspects that require my constant attention. Sometimes it's just too much on me, and making things simple helps. In this regard, it's easier for me to just have it where a player only gets a new salary calculated when they hit 0 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's already a HUGE amount of things I have to do as commish in terms of updating salaries and creating aspects that require my constant attention. Sometimes it's just too much on me, and making things simple helps. In this regard, it's easier for me to just have it where a player only gets a new salary calculated when they hit 0 years.

GG Bot needs an upgrade :p

No worries, its fine mate, i appreciate the work you do. :thumbsu:

GG.exe

Fitz and Harry the Hitman (1st's)
Alex Smith (2nd)

Please and Thank You.
Isn't that a waste of a tag on Smith? New contract over 5M so you get a second anyway and who is going to want him at that price when he will almost certainly drastically regress in the first year of a new system yet again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back