Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

oh by the way, i erred in my description.

Sunday waivers open at 20:00. Wednesday at 19:45 they close, and results processed. Waivers reopen Wednesday 20:00 and close Sunday 19:45 so results are processed. Waivers reopen Sunday 20:00, etc.

Does it matter what group a player is in when waivers runs as long as you are highest bidder you win right? As long as they are the first pick at some point?

For example say I put in three bids in group 1. All I have to do to ensure I get each player if I am the highest bidder is make sure I have 3 copies of that list, right? Providing I keep the total spent at or under 2000.

Also I assume waivers are not processing today?

Does it matter what group a player is in when waivers runs as long as you are highest bidder you win right? As long as they are the first pick at some point?

For example say I put in three bids in group 1. All I have to do to ensure I get each player if I am the highest bidder is make sure I have 3 copies of that list, right? Providing I keep the total spent at or under 2000.

Also I assume waivers are not processing today?
Yep, if you want all three players put each player in it's own group. No priority in groupings, just a way to separate claims.

And first waivers process June 17. But I may have to push it back if Dixie and tgbb dont hurry and finish the draft

Yep, if you want all three players put each player in it's own group. No priority in groupings, just a way to separate claims.

And first waivers process June 17. But I may have to push it back if Dixie and tgbb dont hurry and finish the draft

issue - it doesn't give me enough waiver rounds :drunk: I need more than 8

You won't secure Vance McDonald and the like if you have 8 boxes required anyway, some of us are happy to spend $2000 on one player. :D

Or am i?

Let the mind games begin...
If you are it's just stupid. 1. You could get the player you want for far less because I doubt anyone is going to spend 2000 in one hit, because 2. There are 10 whole weeks you can make claims and there'll be a ton of news happening over camp and preseason someone gets severely injured or a player earns a starting job. So it's worth it to stay in the hunt and keep options open.

If you are it's just stupid. 1. You could get the player you want for far less because I doubt anyone is going to spend 2000 in one hit, because 2. There are 10 whole weeks you can make claims and there'll be a ton of news happening over camp and preseason someone gets severely injured or a player earns a starting job. So it's worth it to stay in the hunt and keep options open.

This is true, if you have enough cap room, but when your options are limited, you might as well go all out for the one player you like. :)

Yeah 8 is the max. Youd have to then wait for Wednesday night to try to grab more.

Waivers run twice a week for the next 10 weeks. No rush. Unlike ADP who is trying to blow his whole 2000 in one night.
there are some players out there worth some big splashes

You won't secure Vance McDonald and the like if you have 8 boxes required anyway, some of us are happy to spend $2000 on one player. :D
#NeverVance

Can we push it back a bit? Bit early to start worrying about weekly waivers. Why can’t we start mid late July?

This is true, if you have enough cap room, but when your options are limited, you might as well go all out for the one player you like. :)
I have oodles of cap room still, there are also rookies I would have picked in the draft if I had even more picks. This is the reason for more than 8. I can create complex scenarios to fill X number of spots with positional priorities etc that would all add up to a set value. Then you don't end up with "wow my second choice went so cheap I would have taken him as well" because you already have your positional groups then groups by rank with separate pricing.

Ah well I'll make 8 work.

What’s the rush? We can trade if want to.
But having to check waivers now is a bit of a pain in the arse. Unfair advantage to the loafers/bums who have more time on their hands.

Where of course I am very important and very busy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have oodles of cap room still, there are also rookies I would have picked in the draft if I had even more picks. This is the reason for more than 8. I can create complex scenarios to fill X number of spots with positional priorities etc that would all add up to a set value. Then you don't end up with "wow my second choice went so cheap I would have taken him as well" because you already have your positional groups then groups by rank with separate pricing.

Ah well I'll make 8 work.

I agree and i would do the same, i was talking about myself in that scenario though, 2.3m cap space, i can sign four players max (would be all speculative), or go nuts for the one player I'm pretty sure i will have good use for throughout the season.

Not saying I've done one or the other, just saying they are my options.

But having to check waivers now is a bit of a pain in the arse. Unfair advantage to the loafers/bums who have more time on their hands.

After your efforts on the essendon board getting me frog marched out, no favors for you mr bomber. Tho I do thank you because I have found a home on the dees board

Loafers and bums should always be given a leg up. For a returning champion you are very defensive Barry. :D

Can we push it back a bit? Bit early to start worrying about weekly waivers. Why can’t we start mid late July?
Because the point of dynasty is that it is year round?

This is pretty much the only hobby I can fit in between everything else anymore because I can shitpost at work and make trades / submit waivers after listening to podcasts to and from work.

Exactly, some of us loafers and bums have jobs that allow us to get paid to fantasy football, if you haven't got such a job that isn't my issue, you should try working your way up in the world so you haven't got the man looking over your shoulder every five seconds. :p:thumbsu:

The unfortunate thing with my waivers is I can't cascade value them because I have too many. Le sad.

You can't get too cheeky though they don't allow the same player in the same group otherwise you'd have 1-2000 (or however many you could be bothered entering) and get the player at exactly $1 over everyone else

Loafers and bums should always be given a leg up. For a returning champion you are very defensive Barry. :D

Returning back to back champion... get it right.

Anyway too busy for this as yacht’s due to moor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back