Fantasy 2018 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

13246.jpg
:heart:

I reckon sometimes, I'm clue-er than scouts/analysts. I watched his tape and he looks the goods to me as a potential #1....a top-shelf inline blocking TE who can get out for short-medium routes, keep the chains moving, and is a load to bring down. Doesn't have to be super fast, but one of those types who has enough acceleration and is just thick as a forest tree who is hard to bring down.

God knows so many of those highly touted "move" TEs with fast 40s etc who get drafted but don't end up being anything. Often it's that inability to be stable inline blockers too that hurts their chances to get on the field more, and then they struggle -- eg, Ebron.

But a TE who is primarily talented as an inline blocker will have better success getting snaps and every now and then they start getting a couple receptions a game as they build confidence. Next thing you know, they're the incumbent starter and whilst not a Kelce-like athlete, they can get downfield and are hard to tackle.

----------

Seahawks selected Washington TE Will Dissly with the No. 120 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Dissly (6’4/262) managed a career receiving line of 25/336/13.4/3 as a Huskie, moving from the defensive line to tight end for his final two seasons and earning second-team All-Pac 12 from the conference’s coaches as a senior. A tenth-percentile SPARQ athlete who lacks seam-threatening speed (4.87), Dissly’s calling card is his dominant in-line blocking ability. Ala Raiders TE Lee Smith, Dissly’s ceiling is a No. 2 tight end whose primary role will be to open lanes and keep his quarterback clean.

Hogan for 2000 is insanity.
I think it just depends on what you want to use the waiver for. If you only intend to pick one guy then why not spend the entire $2000 on him. Not a reflection of his value just that you only want to use the wire for one guy.
I only want a couple of guys so happy to use all my funds up on them because they suit my roster.

ummm didn't even know this was going on. :$

Might have to put in a few $1 bids i guess.

Not the only one :oops:
I misread it and thought the bids started last night, not processed

If anyone is looking for an established CB i have Trumaine Johnson on offer for a late 4th and Aaron Colvin on offer for a late 5th/early 6th in next years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malik Jefferson is an inspired pick
Bengals selected Texas OLB Malik Jefferson with the No. 78 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Jefferson (6’2/236) made 29 starts in three seasons as a Longhorn, earning 2017 Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year and finishing his career with 25.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. Experienced at both middle and weak-side linebacker, Jefferson is a height-weight-speed prospect with Jekyll & Hyde tape; he missed too many tackles, struggled in pass coverage, and should have been more dominant than he was in college with 89th-percentile SPARQ athleticism and 4.52 speed. Ultimately, Jefferson profiles as a boom-bust prospect.

Apr 27 - 9:55 PM

Quite a few players on my watch list taken this week; Adams, Hand, Nnadi, Jackson and Watts.

I had a $11 bid on Watts til this afternoon when i decided to pull the plug. All pro for sure after drd signs him for a $1 bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back