2018 F1 Championship - Round 1 Melbourne (25th March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Vettel!

In any event, I hope this is a sign for the year - that we will get close races. I am a Lewis fan no doubt but it's better for the sport that the championship is close. I didn't bother watching the last few races last year.

Fantastic result, but despite potential for great race at the end it was a fairly pretty dull GP overall. Was there even one single overtaking maneuver for the entire race??

I don't think this race has sign-posted that though. The only reason Hamilton didn't win this by 20+ sec is bad luck

I can take the bad luck as long as it leads to a close championship battle.

I'm not sure if the new regulations have anything to do with it but overtaking seems a lot harder for the Mercedes - Bottas only managed to get to 8th in the end whereas in previous years even from the back of the grid they usually stormed up to the podium eventually.

McLaren go a race without having a blowup

The switch is already a success

Unsurprisingly it was the Toro Rosso Hondas that blew up instead.

Long way to go but the sport needs a competitive and reliable McLaren piloted by Alonso in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think this race has sign-posted that though. The only reason Hamilton didn't win this by 20+ sec is bad luck
What part of his only getting 3 seconds clear of Kimi had you thinking he could possibly have won by 20+ seconds? If anything the very end of the race where Hamilton dropped off before Kimi that once again showed the longer they go on the tyres Ferrari will be advantaged.

If anything the very end of the race where Hamilton dropped off before Kimi that once again showed the longer they go on the tyres Ferrari will be advantaged.
3 Power Units only for the season, as soon as you are no chance you want to turn them down as far as you can without coughing up a place.

3 overtakes for the entire race, someting needs to be done. In quali trim these cars are epic but it makes for horrid racing

Jolly good fun.

Feel for the Haas and Ericsson.

Good stuff from Ferrari, Alonso and well that' sit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back