2018 F1 Championship - Round 1 Melbourne (25th March)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
The halo looks weird but I can get used to it.
They're not too obtrusive on most camera angles when the cars are moving at speed, but they look ******* ugly in photos and/or when the cars are still and the on-board camera placement in relation to the halo is a massive utensil-up.

I also worry somewhat about the increased difficulties of extricating a driver in a hurry if necessary

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Stroll did pretty well. I don't know what's up with the Force INdia.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Well at least I know that Bottas is still there.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Can Crofty not yell?

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
F*** me this Mercedes/Hamilton combination will be very hard to beat this year if qualifying is anything to go by.
They can't use that engine mode during the race though.

Be hard to get him off pole but Bottas won't match that and if you can sneak by on the opening lap its yours to lose.

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Looks like it’s going to be another Mercedes parade this year... such a shame, Formula One has all this money and people but can’t make a race happen.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
How long does Bottas have on his Mercedes contract
The interview with Toto earlier in the session indicated that they expect him to show some improvement this year.

Bottas is to Hamilton what Webber was to Vettel.
Webber should have beaten Vettel to the 1st world title though, Bottas isn't that good.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like it’s going to be another Mercedes parade this year... such a shame, Formula One has all this money and people but can’t make a race happen.
Usually they change some major rule every X years to prevent one team dominating for 2 long but the introduction of V6 Turbo's and then blocking development has killed the sport.

It is closer then in previous years at least, race pace there won't be much in it and on the more high down force tracks red bull might be in front.

Back