2018 Family Day - 17th Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A beautiful day today for the annual Family Day at Arden st.

Big call out to the club for supplying multiple shade umbrella's, picnic rugs and sunscreen - made the day very enjoyable sitting there watching the kids do all the activities.

Lots of new initiatives re games, prizes this year and also they made a banner for the kids to run through at the start of proceedings.

The marquee players were busy signing autographs in the tents so didn't appear as 'visible' as previous years and it would be have been great to hear the song a few times but overall it was a wonderful few hours at the club in perfect conditions.

Second that, great day put on by the Club. The players were very accomodating and happy to have a chat. I was very impressed by LDU, we have a ripper kid on our hands. A shout out to Nick Larky who spent the day painting kids faces. The big autograph posters were a winner with the kids. I also shouted myself the new pre-season strip.
e66a208b42e67016d457ed852e62bc41.jpg

Last edited:
Second that, great day put on by the Club. The players were very accomodating and happy to have a chat. I was very impressed by LDU, we have a ripper kid on our hands. A shout out to Nick Larky who spent the day painting kids faces. The big autograph posters were a winner with the kids. I also shouted myself the new pre-season strip.
e66a208b42e67016d457ed852e62bc41.jpg
That's awesome! The autographs actually look good and it's something you'd keep forever as a kid.

That's awesome! The autographs actually look good and it's something you'd keep forever as a kid.
It does look great, it's a shame he couldn't get them all. It actually turned into some what of a treasure hunt in the end. Kayne Turner was the last one he got, I had to yell out to him from 20m away to stop him heading into the rooms. He was quite happy to turn around and jog back.

It was a great day but if anyone finds my two posters (90% signed) could they please return them. I lost them at the very end while trying to keep track of a rampaging 2 year old. : Buckley's

Highlights:

Accidently taking a photo of Cunners and the kids using a fish eye lens. Kind of appropriate I spose.
Kayne Turner hanging round to sign autographs and have a quick chat after being told to go inside by someone official.
Nick Larkey doing face painting and painting the new logo on my eldest girl's hand.
Had a great chat (ie bored his head off but he was great about it) with Josh Williams. Him and the eldest girl were having a competition to see who could draw the messiest disaster/picture. Kid loves his Rugby League and the Cowboys. He was great with my kids, as were Kyron Hayden and Gordon Narrier. Jed Anderson loved being called "Deadly Jedly".
My eldest girl getting 3 out of 3 20's on the handball target then saying it was too easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back