Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Coffield isn't playing, who are the best cheap options for defenders?
So far I've got Yeo, Luke McDonald, Angus Brayshaw, Coffield, Andrew McGrath, Murray (bench: Doedee, Finlayson)

Atm I'm considering Naughton or Pearce, but they will get very low scores since they are kpd's. Lachlan Murphy is playing for the Crows, but not so sure about his job security and scoring potential...? Any other options?
Murphy replacing Cameron in the side? JS could be half decent if that's the case

I'm worried this might be a premium mid short, but I'm trying to maximise the quality and job security of the rookie players in the team, the best of those are in the mids and forwards.

Def: Laird, Crisp, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Murray (Doedee, Finlayson)

Mid: Mitchell, Treloar, Rockliff, Neale, Brayshaw, Banfield, Kelly, Holman (Fogarty, Barry)

Ruck: Nankervis, Gawn (English, Cameron)

Fwd: Billings, Heeney, Smith, Petracca, Christenson, Rayner (Fritsch, Ryan)

$78k in the bank.

Now that Coffield isn't playing, who are the best cheap options for defenders?
So far I've got Yeo, Luke McDonald, Angus Brayshaw, Coffield, Andrew McGrath, Murray (bench: Doedee, Finlayson)

Atm I'm considering Naughton or Pearce, but they will get very low scores since they are kpd's. Lachlan Murphy is playing for the Crows, but not so sure about his job security and scoring potential...? Any other options?

I would be taking the rookies with decent scoring potential and JS, which for the most part is backs and mids this season.
I have both Naughton and Pearce - I doubt they will score too highly but will play and score enough to make it worthwhile. Midpricers won't appreciate in value and probably won't give you much more on the field IMO.

Which 2 would u pick out of;

McLean v Walters v Smith

And one of Nicnat v Lycett

McLean 98
Walters 91
Smith 95

Based on prices, they are all slightly underpriced so all represent value. All have DPP.
So ultimately you can't go wrong.
I am starting with McLean F2 and Smith F3, but keen to get Walters in, possibly if Christensen plateaus in value around the byes.

Thoughts on who will be the top 3 averaging ruckmen at the end of the year?

Depends on sole ruck vs paired ruck.
Based purely on sole ruck duties: Gawn, Grundy, Kreuzer (then Martin, Jacobs)

Based on risk of paired ruck I wouldn't consider Grundy and have shied away from Martin. Kreuzer not value for money at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys, a couple of questions.

Liam Ryan or Zac Langdon + 50k on the bench?

Sicily + 129k in the bank or Hibberd and 0k in the bank?

Thanks.

Ryan - take the job security. WC suck, GWS will be challenging for a flag.
I've definitely gone Sic + cash - think Hibberd (like most of the top priced DEF) is overpriced and overrated.

Which 3 to field?

Tim Kelly, A Brayshaw, Nick Holman, Bailey Banfield and Dom Barry.

Looking at Brayshaw, Kelly and Holman at the moment.

Sounds good. Banfield could be explosive but if Freo get thumped I think he will struggle. Better chance against Essendon, GC in next fortnight at home.

Ryan - take the job security. WC suck, GWS will be challenging for a flag.
I've definitely gone Sic + cash - think Hibberd (like most of the top priced DEF) is overpriced and overrated.

Thanks. Just out of interest, does your opinion on top defenders extend to Laird and Lloyd? I'm itching to bring in a Savage/Luke Ryan type

Sounds good. Banfield could be explosive but if Freo get thumped I think he will struggle. Better chance against Essendon, GC in next fortnight at home.

Yeah that is my worry about him.

I'm going Brayshaw, Holman, Banfield

Nice one. I've been umming and ah'ing about Banfield, but Freo playing Port at home makes me nervous.

Thanks. Just out of interest, does your opinion on top defenders extend to Laird and Lloyd? I'm itching to bring in a Savage/Luke Ryan type

Hey sorry for late reply!
Yeah I think they'll both go unders this year - Laird showed off a bit last night though haha (but have Simmo so happy with his start!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back