Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughts? 87k Left. Am I missing any must haves?

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 471907
Like so many I've gone around in circles for 2 weeks, time to lock something in. I'm pretty happy except for Sicily and Keeffe. Thoughts?
Pretty stacked midfield man, although in saying that interestingly enough you've gone without Titch which is one bloody bold call, especially when you've got a pretty risky side. Whilst I can see why guys like Sicily, Brayshaw, Savage, Taberner, Petracca and co warrant the thought of selection for a lot of these blokes but only one defender or forward over 575k makes you rely very heavily on those midpricers. Don't go getting ride of them all but to have so many could cause some serious headaches down the track.

Play around with your team if you downgraded one or even two mids, there's a good amount of rookie options available to bring in like Dow, Kelly and Barry if he's named, even LDU is an option if you still wanted to be a bit different than most teams. It's good to take risks but if you free up some cash in your midfield that gives you the option to turn a few of those midprices into proven premos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tempted on Goldy too but will Press get a game?
The way I see it North will give Goldy first crack at being solo ruck. If he doesn't perform they will look at Pruess as a back up or even replacement at times. I can't see them starting the season with them both especially with Ben Brown already providing the Big forward target.

So if you start him and Pruess becomes an issue its because he didn't perform and you probably want to trade him to someone else anyway.

The way I see it North will give Goldy first crack at being solo ruck. If he doesn't perform they will look at Pruess as a back up or even replacement at times. I can't see them starting the season with them both especially with Ben Brown already providing the Big forward target.

So if you start him and Pruess becomes an issue its because he didn't perform and you probably want to trade him to someone else anyway.
Or start with Sauce and save the trade, if you can spare the cash. Or just goto NicNat! (risk pending...)

Or start with Sauce and save the trade, if you can spare the cash. Or just goto NicNat! (risk pending...)
Well If you have spare cash there are heaps of options.

I think the reasoning is Goldy has less injury risk than Natanui and has been a Premium ruckman in the past so could equal Sauce or Stef if he plays well. Natanui will not.

Well If you have spare cash there are heaps of options.

I think the reasoning is Goldy has less injury risk than Natanui and has been a Premium ruckman in the past so could equal Sauce or Stef if he plays well. Natanui will not.
True, I was more thinking that Sauce has almost zero chance of sharing the ruck duties, where as there are many good options out there with that risk, Goldy of course being one. I am not talking up NN, tho he does allow me to do alot more with my team if i go from Sauce down to him, but that is a huge risk.
If only Preust injures himself before R1...

Pretty stacked midfield man, although in saying that interestingly enough you've gone without Titch which is one bloody bold call, especially when you've got a pretty risky side. Whilst I can see why guys like Sicily, Brayshaw, Savage, Taberner, Petracca and co warrant the thought of selection for a lot of these blokes but only one defender or forward over 575k makes you rely very heavily on those midpricers. Don't go getting ride of them all but to have so many could cause some serious headaches down the track.

Play around with your team if you downgraded one or even two mids, there's a good amount of rookie options available to bring in like Dow, Kelly and Barry if he's named, even LDU is an option if you still wanted to be a bit different than most teams. It's good to take risks but if you free up some cash in your midfield that gives you the option to turn a few of those midprices into proven premos.

Yeah I've kind of ended up with premo/rookie Mid and Ruck but a healthy dose of mid-priced madness for DEF and FWD :) It only worked out that way because like everyone else I've struggled with FWD rookies, but also so few of the premo DEF/FWD seemed like real value to me. Hence I ended up with the extra premo mid to what I was originally planning.

cheers, no risk no reward? those downgrades/upgrades

Thanks for the input. Agree on Taberner, but I'm willing to risk given his good showing in JLT (yes, practice matches) Those upgrades/downgrades are what I'm looking at after a few rounds, particularly if Danger is missing for a couple then eased back.

I love the Taberner selection and not because I am a Freo fan. It looks as if he is going to be the relief ruck this year and that gives him more opportunity to use his best asset, his tank. Will be able to get away from opposing rucks and hopefully get more uncontested possessions.

My concerns are, he is scapegoat #1 & #2, a big loss or one disappointing game and he will get dropped. Then there is Sean Darcy, how will he come into things. Ross loves to play the two rucks, this will put Tabs at CHF and he just doesn't get enough of it there!

Good luck!!!

With Ryan and Wilson there, he won’t move back into the midfield?

Then again, when he was playing HB was when he pumped out all those scores.

I’m just trying to work out where to put him in my defender rankings and what he will average. Struggling big time.

He will run off HB changing in the middle, I have no doubt. Ross' game is stationed around stoppages and having 8 or so players at every stoppage, Connor will be one of them. The way he racked up all those points wasn't because he was getting on the end of the play and running with the ball (like we are expecting from Ryan and Wilson), it was him winning the ball at the contest.

He is definitely in my sights!!!

True, I was more thinking that Sauce has almost zero chance of sharing the ruck duties, where as there are many good options out there with that risk, Goldy of course being one. I am not talking up NN, tho he does allow me to do alot more with my team if i go from Sauce down to him, but that is a huge risk.
If only Preust injures himself before R1...
Dead right on Big Sauce Jacobs there mate, still one I'm weighing up for my ruck partner with Maxy Gawn.

I think Martin has the higher ceiling and with Archie Smith away from the picture a bit at the moment I'm getting really tempted. I just don't know what I'll do if/when Archie Smith plays which then flicks me back to wanting Jacobs.

Despite that I've still got Stef Martin in that spot.

What are the thoughts on Wallis, Libba and Johannisen? Are these guys going to improve this year?

All capable of improvement; but by far the best pick of that trio is Libba IMO. He's in my team and I'm actually pretty bullish about his prospects. He's priced at 72 but really should average 90-95, possibly more.

Big call but I actually think he's a better pick than O'Meara despite being a bit more expensive.

And now for something completely different....

B: Yeo, Shaw, Wilson, Saad, Coffield, Naughton - Doedee, Murray
M: T Mitchell, Gibbs, Whitfield, Fyfe, Libba, JOM, Barry, Banfield - Smith, Holman
R: Gawn, Nankervis - English, Cameron
F: Franklin, Dahl, D Smith, Caddy, Rayner, Fogarty - Fritsch, Rioli

Subject to final sides and last minute panic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back