World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Draw-December 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um why are you comparing a CB to a GK
Um, because you were using the blanket "three players for Denmark play at big pl clubs compared to two Aussies at promoted clubs". See how lazy it is?

Ryan's also having a better season than Schmeichel if you want a direct comparison.

Um, because you were using the blanket "three players for Denmark play at big pl clubs compared to two Aussies at promoted clubs". See how lazy it is?

Ryan's also having a better season than Schmeichel if you want a direct comparison.
You quoted a post with like for like comparisons where Denmark are clearly on top with 4/6 and line ball on 2/6

You quoted a post with like for like comparisons where Denmark are clearly on top with 4/6 and line ball on 2/6
I was responding to your question asking why it was simplistic to rate countries based on pl players Ffs.

I was responding to your question asking why it was simplistic to rate countries based on pl players Ffs.
You quoted a post where I expanded and showed like for like positions where they've got us covered. So you'd seriously be disappointed in us if we lost to them? I think most would be happy with a draw.

Do you think we are better than Ireland? I'd probably have Ireland just ahead of us

You quoted a post where I expanded and showed like for like positions where they've got us covered. So you'd seriously be disappointed in us if we lost to them? I think most would be happy with a draw.

Do you think we are better than Ireland? I'd probably have Ireland just ahead of us
No I just don't think it'd be an upset if we win as you originally made out.

But it's not. This is like Swansea away to Southampton

or hull when they beat anyone in the top division an upset of course ;)
I wouldn't call Swansea beating Soton an upset so that's not a great example.

West Ham beating Chelsea is. The gulf isn't that great. For reference west ham were 7.50 to beat Chelsea, we're 10 to beat France. We'll absolutely be a hell of a lot less to beat Denmark.

I wouldn't call Swansea beating Soton an upset so that's not a great example.

West Ham beating Chelsea is. The gulf isn't that great.
Away from home Swansea beating anyone is an upset. There's a reason why they're paying $4+ in any away game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Away from home Swansea beating anyone is an upset. There's a reason why they're paying $4+ in any away game
Because of their form not their quality. Their quality is comparable to soton. Soton are rubbish this season. It was a bad example.

Now you're being silly. Swansea have the quality of Southampton lol
OK you're absolutely right they're polar opposites in the pl. Thanks for proving my point about what constitutes an upset.

I'm not going to bother justifying anything Socceroo related with you. It's like talking to jod about LFC

Jesus Christ, yes, me saying "I think we can qualify for the next round and beating Denmark wouldn't be a major upset" is absolutely ridiculous, isn't it?

You have the most narrow-minded simplistic view on things, it's ridiculous. "Oh they have 3 PL players, we only have two, and theirs play for clubs with names I know, so they must be better."

I'll make it even simpler. We beat Syria in ET to qualify for a qualifier. They bent over an ok Irish side.
United beat spurs, spurs beat huddersfield, but huddersfield beat united..?

It's almost like simplifying a teams chances doesn't actually work in practice...

it will be a bigger achievement than hull attempting to look like a premier league club

Or Ireland getting within 4 goals of Denmark at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back