World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Draw-December 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of Australia actually haha. The commentary about him at games etc is very negative.

Most likely because Ange has been using him as a wing back. Not quite sure "Cos people moan about him at games" is too reliable a barometer of a players skill though haha.

He'd wanna be not s**t he's close to our best attacking player. Ange didn't use him well don't think he suits the possession dominance style of play

He'd wanna be not s**t he's close to our best attacking player. Ange didn't use him well don't think he suits the possession dominance style of play

I actually wonder if Jatz is just blindly lumping him in with Kruse who IS a genuine s**t truck.

Alright, that was certainly interesting.

Are we seriously claiming that Denmark is far superior to Ireland because they belted them in that one game? Were we better team than United because we defeated United 5-3, and it could've been more as we were toying with them at the end? Of course not.

Things just clicked for Denmark in that game, and they took it out with style. It happens. Freaking Redding were 4-0 up against Arsenal. It happens.

Peru, Denmark, and Australia should all fancy their chances to finish 2nd. The only upset that will be caused is if France loses to any of them.

Alright, that was certainly interesting.

Are we seriously claiming that Denmark is far superior to Ireland because they belted them in that one game? Were we better team than United because we defeated United 5-3, and it could've been more as we were toying with them at the end? Of course not.

Things just clicked for Denmark in that game, and they took it out with style. It happens. Freaking Redding were 4-0 up against Arsenal. It happens.

Peru, Denmark, and Australia should all fancy their chances to finish 2nd. The only upset that will be caused is if France loses to any of them.

Sanity.

No they're a shitload better because they've got a shitload more talent than Ireland. Ireland are probably on par if not ahead of us on talent and had a decent manager too

I'm surprised you rate Ireland so poorly, they have lots of players in the PL.

No they're a shitload better because they've got a shitload more talent than Ireland. Ireland are probably on par if not ahead of us on talent and had a decent manager too

To be fair, isn't that mainly because of how we view Ireland and the Home Nations? I mean, you see a guy like Sean Lt Ledger, and you think of "toilet clogger." You'd think the same about the Scots, Welsh, and the Norn Iron lads. When they come over from Denmark, you know there has to be some prestige there, so what you see in the league is surely a sign of higher quality, where as most of those in the Isles use the PL as their 'bread and butter' (with the exception of Scotland to a degree).

I think its just perception. If Finland (Screw you, this is my Nordic fantasy) was the premier destination for Nordic countries, and England is what the Danish leagues are like, then the view would be the opposite. Danes would be the toilet cloggers in that theoretical Finnish league, just like how the Isles are in the English leagues. If you're serious about your profession, you go to the big league that offers big bucks (or its competitive 2nd tier), and not stay in your amateur kiddie pool.

To me... I'd say Denmark is the stronger team, but it would be like saying Everton/Soton v Swansea/Bournemouth. It's not really an upset, and finishing top 7 would be brill regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know when the resale/ticket transfer dates are? Have two guests tickets that need amending because they decided to not come with me -.-

Denmark absolutely have more talent than we do. That doesn't necessarily translate to on-field success though and they're certainly not unbeatable. Montenegro beat them 1-0 in Copenhagen and Romania drew with them twice, and I rate Australia as better than those two. Denmark's problem is that they struggle when Eriksen doesn't have influence. This shouldn't be the case because there's talent in the team but it just so happens to be so. A draw is definitely a possible outcome against them if Eriksen doesn't run amok.

Denmark absolutely have more talent than we do. That doesn't necessarily translate to on-field success though and they're certainly not unbeatable. Montenegro beat them 1-0 in Copenhagen and Romania drew with them twice, and I rate Australia as better than those two. Denmark's problem is that they struggle when Eriksen doesn't have influence. This shouldn't be the case because there's talent in the team but it just so happens to be so. A draw is definitely a possible outcome against them if Eriksen doesn't run amok.
I think we gave a chance versus France. I am a frustrated arsenal supporter, we might have 3 starters for the French team but can't seem to beat anybody decent. Having said that, they do have good depth, so should be able to field a team of in form class players.

Whilst I think his is one of the weaker Aussie teams we’ve had in a number of campaigns I believe if we still had Ange in charge then we were capable of causing upsets and progressing thru to the knockout rounds. With Ange gone and a real possibility of Arnold taking over we have no chance.

I think we gave a chance versus France. I am a frustrated arsenal supporter, we might have 3 starters for the French team but can't seem to beat anybody decent. Having said that, they do have good depth, so should be able to field a team of in form class players.
You're having a larf son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back