World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Draw-December 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday 8pm June 16th v France in Kazan
Friday 1am June 22nd v Denmark in Samara
Wednesday midnight June 27th v Peru in Sochi
We will be there live. Just need to work out where we base ourselves and a few other logistics but atleast we can plan now

Griezmann, Lacazette, Mbappe and Giroud could very well put about 10 past us.

Everyone is way too optimistic about our group. I love the Socceroos don’t get me wrong, but we’re about a 15% chance of winning a game let alone advancing
We can beat Peru and maybe draw with Denmark.

We can beat Peru and maybe draw with Denmark.

I feel like people are saying that because Peru drew with NZ in NZ. Peru absolutely dominated that game but somehow didn’t score, and dominated the second game even more-so.

These are way better teams than us. I want to do well at this WC I really do, but we’re gonna get ****ed up.

I feel like people are saying that because Peru drew with NZ in NZ. Peru absolutely dominated that game but somehow didn’t score, and dominated the second game even more-so.

These are way better teams than us. I want to do well at this WC I really do, but we’re gonna get ****** up.

NZ are shite but I reckon they gave Peru too much respect. The Kiwis only started trying to play football once they went behind and they looked dangerous. If Chris Woods had been fit they would have had a chance in the tie. Peru are beatable.

Group A:
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Uruguay

Group B:
Portugal
Spain
Morocco
Iran

Group C:
France
Australia
Denmark
Peru

Group D:
Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

Group E:
Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

Group F:
Germany
Mexico
Sweden
South Korea

Group G:
Belgium
Panama
Tunisia
England

Group H:
Poland
Senegal
Colombia
Japan

New system seems to have been able to level the groups. CDEF look tougher than ABGH, but not by much.

These are way better teams than us. I want to do well at this WC I really do, but we’re gonna get ****** up.

You all did very well in Brazil against harder opposition.

Time for the lads to brush up on French, Danish & Spanish pick up lines
nintchdbpict000243476535-e1466617849273.jpg

article-0-0A070E57000005DC-152_634x409.jpg

Peru Fan.640x480.jpg

And Russian...

Not an easy group nor a hard one. Just right.

Peru are too highly ranked. Feel like they have weaknesses, not the best defence. Playing in Europe, whole different ball game. New Zealand were overwhelmed, not accustomed to the intenstiveness of Peru. Australia won't be.

We were pretty competitive in the last World Cup against the Dutch and Chile. Gave too much respect, but once we played the football. Pretty much the same group of players, who will be feeling a bit confident. Need to not give France/Peru the respect/time to play their game. Anything is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't pen in the kickoff times yet, they're likely to be changed.

Last edited:
Our group is actually considered the hardest when you calculate the average FIFA ranking of each team

Group A: Uruguay (21), Egypt (31), Saudi Arabia (63), Russia (65) = 45 Avg
Group B: Portugal (3), Spain (6), Iran (32), Morocco (40) = 20.2 Avg
Group C: France (9), Peru (11), Denmark (12), Australia (39) = 17.7 Avg
Group D: Argentina (4), Croatia (17), Iceland (22), Nigeria (50) = 23.2 Avg
Group E: Brazil (2), Switzerland (8), Costa Rica (26), Serbia (37) = 18.2 Avg
Group F: Germany (1), Mexico (16), Sweden (18), South Korea (59) = 23.5 Avg
Group G: Belgium (5), England (15), Tunisia (27), Panama (56) = 25.7 Avg
Group H: Poland (7), Colombia (13), Senegal (23), Japan (55) = 24.5 Avg

Our group is actually considered the hardest when you calculate the average FIFA ranking of each team

Group A: Uruguay (21), Egypt (31), Saudi Arabia (63), Russia (65) = 45 Avg
Group B: Portugal (3), Spain (6), Iran (32), Morocco (40) = 20.2 Avg
Group C: France (9), Peru (11), Denmark (12), Australia (39) = 17.7 Avg
Group D: Argentina (4), Croatia (17), Iceland (22), Nigeria (50) = 23.2 Avg
Group E: Brazil (2), Switzerland (8), Costa Rica (26), Serbia (37) = 18.2 Avg
Group F: Germany (1), Mexico (16), Sweden (18), South Korea (59) = 23.5 Avg
Group G: Belgium (5), England (15), Tunisia (27), Panama (56) = 25.7 Avg
Group H: Poland (7), Colombia (13), Senegal (23), Japan (55) = 24.5 Avg

ELO ratings consider groups B and F. The most balanced would be H.

That's not true. They had possession in that leg but it wasn't as if the kiwi keeper kept them in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back