World Cup 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL-FRANCE V CROATIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Belgium and Croatia were the best teams to watch. England weren’t that bad though. Lacked a player who’s able to dictate the tempo of play like the aforementioned teams is the big difference. Henderson is assigned to that role, and even though he had a good tournament he’s just not at the required level to carry a team through to a winning conclusion

Croatians whinging about the result is ironic seeing as though Bilic milked an injury preventing Blanc from playing in the final. Don't recall them saying much about Italy having two goals chalked off in 2002 either.

I don't think too many Croatians are whinging. You're gonna find stuff to pick on in every single game, all the time.
Have a look at the scenes in Zagreb overnight. Heaps of whinging yeah? The Croats aren't the ones looting stores and rioting.

I don't think too many Croatians are whinging. You're gonna find stuff to pick on in every single game, all the time.
Have a look at the scenes in Zagreb overnight. Heaps of whinging yeah? The Croats aren't the ones looting stores and rioting.
He has his agenda and I don't see him changing any time soon.

Very good game, having just seen the replay. Worthy of a final and glad it wasn’t a dour game like some recent finals have been.

France very deserving winners, congratulations to them. It’s impressive that they were able to back it up after the disappointment of losing the Euros two years ago, certainly takes some resilience to do that.

Croatia very impressive, Perisic leaves with his reputation considerably enhanced. What a cracking goal. Unfortunately the penalty was there on the balance of what is being paid this tournament.

Subasic I thought reacted very slowly to Pogba’s and Mbappe’s goals. Have read he was injured but with some of his saves so far this Cup, you’d think he could’ve done better.

And for a top class keeper, Lloris sure does make some ridiculous errors. That was embarrassing.

Congratulations to France. Mbappe really is something else.

Pogba's goal his body-weight was heading back in the other direction after having moved to stop the first hit which was blocked. The shot was then unsighted and he had no chance.

Mbappe's maybe ... but that hit was so pure.

Pogba's goal his body-weight was heading back in the other direction after having moved to stop the first hit which was blocked. The shot was then unsighted and he had no chance.

Mbappe's maybe ... but that hit was so pure.

Yes with the benefit of the reverse angle I saw he was heading the other way, with a sea of legs in front of him. That would have been a very difficult one to stop.

Mbappe’s though he had full sight of, and thought he could have at least attempted a dive for. Well hit yes, but with perhaps a quicker reaction, and a full stretch, you never know. Could have got a finger tip on it that could have pushed it onto the post etc. All hypothetical now I guess.

Had a fantastic tournament regardless. Was immense in that penalty shootout vs Denmark.

He turns into this giant troll turd at the flip of a switch it seems. Totally bizarre. Hopefully won’t see him for another four years
Also doesn't really like responding to questions when he's called out on something. Like how he calls everyone a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes with the benefit of the reverse angle I saw he was heading the other way, with a sea of legs in front of him. That would have been a very difficult one to stop.

Mbappe’s though he had full sight of, and thought he could have at least attempted a dive for. Well hit yes, but with perhaps a quicker reaction, and a full stretch, you never know. Could have got a finger tip on it that could have pushed it onto the post etc. All hypothetical now I guess.

Had a fantastic tournament regardless. Was immense in that penalty shootout vs Denmark.

Yeah he probably could've done more against Mbappe's, but not sure it would've made a lot of difference. As you say, had an amazing tournament

Meanwhile, #funfact time. The last four losing World Cup keepers have all played for Monaco (not all at the time of the tournament though):
- Subasic (2018)
- Romero (2014)
- Stekelenberg (2010)
- Barthez (2006)

Pretty neutral going in, but last couple of nights were wild and I needed to soak that s**t up.

jjZxN7H.jpg

gmYXAVE.jpg

My man here had a couple of 20 bags falling out his backpack. Said * it and reached for a dozen or so more and just started handing em out. Bless him.

ac1LfvF.jpg

Canon 5D for the photography heads out there. Didn't take it for the night they won, but caught some decent snaps of the parade, the patrouille.

I'm going with the first one. That's art!

Chiselled blokes bodies plus a few slightly random things going on with the van and flags against a backdrop of the Arc De Triomphe, and the elation of the WC celebrations. It captures a moment in time like you wish you were there.

I'm going with the first one. That's art!

Chiselled blokes bodies plus a few slightly random things going on with the van and flags against a backdrop of the Arc De Triomphe, and the elation of the WC celebrations. It captures a moment in time like you wish you were there.
Yep. That first one is just awesome. Zoom in and look at every moment

Because they both played in the WC final or for some other reason?

see below

Varane and Modric at Real as well. I've always wondered what the banter was like between club mates after playing against each other at international level, never mind a WC final!

its about communication. i wonder what language they speak at training and games. I guess they are that good they dont need to speak a common tongue, just the language of football. A wink, nod, shoulder shrug and the pass is made.

at the final they prob ignored each other.

but yeah first time back there'd be some giggling and humble pie.

see below

its about communication. i wonder what language they speak at training and games. I guess they are that good they dont need to speak a common tongue, just the language of football. A wink, nod, shoulder shrug and the pass is made.

at the final they prob ignored each other.

but yeah first time back there'd be some giggling and humble pie.
It’s not a big deal when that happens. Remember Rooney and Ronaldo in 2006. They managed to keep their relationship together. Professionals are professionals at the end of the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back