World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup General Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

France winners in 98 and 2018.
Losers in 2006 and 2016.
Euro winners in 2000 Euro winners in 2020?

Croatia have excelled in 1998, 2008 and 2018.

Looooooooove it!

Modric and Perisic - All class. Mandzukic once again hits the big teams in big games. Love the Croat's strong will and never say die attitude. Deserved another good showing on the back of a strong Euro that ended prematurely. They got to where they should have been two years ago, only to fall to the French who had to make amends for their loss on home soil in the final.

Great final. The best I've seen and on that it seals the deal for me as the best world cup I've witnessed.

And on Croatia and this talk of it being a miracle. Like * it is. They've been beating the best since day dot. A fabulous achievement nonetheless and their ability to grind our wins in the K.O stage and wave off hardship is indicative of their nature and who they are as people. They were outstanding in the group and at that stage the best team in the comp. Saying it's a miracle it's discrediting their class, skill, talent and power.

Not impressed. They don't play smart or technically well. Their football IQ is only slightly higher than Asian and African teams.
Put your poster boy 's team to the sword. But you still had Spain and Brazil to hang off didn't you.

Oh wait.

How's everyone feeling today? A bit sad that the worlds best sporting event is over?
Stephen Quartermaine is convinced it is bigger than the olympics

I like to enjoy them both and have them on equal footing.

Would love to see a Great Britain team in a football world cup though :)

Just like Faroe Islands seeking to get Olympic recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that true? Are you saying that the world cup was born from the olympics?
It was the World Cup of its time. Check out the four stars on Uruguay’s crest. Signifies all the world championships they’ve won. Olympics in 1924 & 1928, World Cup in 1930 & 1950. Incredible success for such a small nation sandwiched between Brazil and Argentina

Olympics provide a lot of sports a chance to have a peak. For example say shooting. There's probably a world championship but does anyone know or watch or care?
Arnt the shooters in USA

First world cup final done and dusted in 90 minutes since 2002. Also the first to contain a 2 goal margin since then. France worthy winners even if they don't play attractive football. They only trailed for 9 minutes and i don't think were ever in any danger of losing any of their knockout games. Croatia did very well to make the final but 3 doses of extra time took too much out of them in the end/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back