World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup General Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

had to be given. How anyone can deny this wasn't a pen is beyond me.

I love the emotion from Zelic. I watched the ending of the world cup final the other day and thought it was brilliant to see such passion, respect, love and genuine appreciation from two people when Zelic and Foz were giving each other their dues { not showed on here ) Zelic obviously understands what her parents and many Cros go/went through in their lives to make it a better one for themselves and their kids. They have great spirit the Croatians. It goes for many people obviously of all diversity and also speaks volumes about this great country we live in and the opportunity it gives everyone as well as a great, terrific safe environment.

Will also add that the Croats thought they were going to win because of the great fight and spirit that they have and the nation was willing them on. That's all good and well but on the flip side of that coin is, France would be feeling and thinking the exact same thing.

If you don't have self belief, a strong will and steely determination, particularly at this level, good luck.

I love the emotion from Zelic. I watched the ending of the world cup final the other day and thought it was brilliant to see such passion, respect, love and genuine appreciation from two people when Zelic and Foz were giving each other their dues { not showed on here ) Zelic obviously understands what her parents and many Cros go/went through in their lives to make it a better one for themselves and their kids. They have great spirit the Croatians. It goes for many people obviously of all diversity and also speaks volumes about this great country we live in and the opportunity it gives everyone as well as a great, terrific safe environment.

Please don't fall for the bullshit "victim" crap by Zelic, Zdrilic and the other propagandists for the "Croatian cause". Zelic, Zdrilic et al. are typical, brainwashed Croatian young people who have no concept of what kind of atrocities many, many of their grandparents committed in the name of supremacy and the fascist cause.

Many of the German command in the Balkans during the second world war, were so disgusted at the atrocities committed by the Ustashe that they communicated to the German High Command that they had to intervene to stop the massacres and mutilation of helpless old people, women and children. 300,000 were massacred and tortured to death by Croatians who wanted a racially “pure” Croatia and promoted genocide against Jews, Serbs and Romani people.

Guess what those evil monsters of the Ustashe wore? They wore exactly the same red and white chequerboard design on their hats and uniforms as Zelic wore and that dickhead Davutovic wore when they crossed to him at the 2006 World Cup, just before the Australia game against Croatia! Imagine what would have happened to a Brazilian reporter sent to report on Brazil at a World Cup and before a game against Argentina, that reporter wore an Argentinian shirt? How about and Englishman wearing a German shirt before a clash between those two countries? They would have disappeared from the face of the earth, never to be seen again!

Davutovic was there to report on Australia's campaign, he was our representative over there and the bastard was wearing a Croatian shirt, the colours and design of which are the EQUIVALENT of the German Swastika! How in f**k's name can Croatia be allowed to wear such a blatant and evil symbol of atrocities so bad, that it even made the Nazi's puke?

The Croatian first Australia nowhere set, the Zelics' etc., behave as if the history of the world began in 1992; it did not and even though it is tragic what happened to Modric's parents and Zelic's and to countless other people's parents and families, the catastrophes and devastations were not borne just by the Croatians and the roots of that conflict go back to the second world war at least and it is sickening to watch the adaptation of the horrors of war to portray that, in this case, the Croatians were the only "victims". Everyone is a victim in war.

I'm sorry to have brought this up in a thread devoted to Association Football's World Cup but I couldn't just let your post pass by without comment. Do you remember the game in 2006 against Croatia when a Croatian player got 2 yellow cards but remained on the pitch? That player was Šimunić, the same racist prick, born in Australia but playing for the "motherland" who led the Croatian neo Nazi fans in the stadium after a game against Iceland, in the chanting of fascist slogans and using the fascist salute to incite them further. Did you see the celebrations after the Croatian national team got back to Croatia? How about Vida and Lovren's disgusting behaviour during the World Cup?

That's what Lucy Zelic and was representing and that's what those colours she is wearing represent and s**t like that should not be just brushed aside nor ignored: it should definitely not be held up as something caring and respectful, it is not.

Please don't fall for the bullshit "victim" crap by Zelic, Zdrilic and the other propagandists for the "Croatian cause". Zelic, Zdrilic et al. are typical, brainwashed Croatian young people who have no concept of what kind of atrocities many, many of their grandparents committed in the name of supremacy and the fascist cause.

Many of the German command in the Balkans during the second world war, were so disgusted at the atrocities committed by the Ustashe that they communicated to the German High Command that they had to intervene to stop the massacres and mutilation of helpless old people, women and children. 300,000 were massacred and tortured to death by Croatians who wanted a racially “pure” Croatia and promoted genocide against Jews, Serbs and Romani people.

Guess what those evil monsters of the Ustashe wore? They wore exactly the same red and white chequerboard design on their hats and uniforms as Zelic wore and that dickhead Davutovic wore when they crossed to him at the 2006 World Cup, just before the Australia game against Croatia! Imagine what would have happened to a Brazilian reporter sent to report on Brazil at a World Cup and before a game against Argentina, that reporter wore an Argentinian shirt? How about and Englishman wearing a German shirt before a clash between those two countries? They would have disappeared from the face of the earth, never to be seen again!

Davutovic was there to report on Australia's campaign, he was our representative over there and the bastard was wearing a Croatian shirt, the colours and design of which are the EQUIVALENT of the German Swastika! How in f**k's name can Croatia be allowed to wear such a blatant and evil symbol of atrocities so bad, that it even made the Nazi's puke?

The Croatian first Australia nowhere set, the Zelics' etc., behave as if the history of the world began in 1992; it did not and even though it is tragic what happened to Modric's parents and Zelic's and to countless other people's parents and families, the catastrophes and devastations were not borne just by the Croatians and the roots of that conflict go back to the second world war at least and it is sickening to watch the adaptation of the horrors of war to portray that, in this case, the Croatians were the only "victims". Everyone is a victim in war.

I'm sorry to have brought this up in a thread devoted to Association Football's World Cup but I couldn't just let your post pass by without comment. Do you remember the game in 2006 against Croatia when a Croatian player got 2 yellow cards but remained on the pitch? That player was Šimunić, the same racist prick, born in Australia but playing for the "motherland" who led the Croatian neo Nazi fans in the stadium after a game against Iceland, in the chanting of fascist slogans and using the fascist salute to incite them further. Did you see the celebrations after the Croatian national team got back to Croatia? How about Vida and Lovren's disgusting behaviour during the World Cup?

That's what Lucy Zelic and was representing and that's what those colours she is wearing represent and s**t like that should not be just brushed aside nor ignored: it should definitely not be held up as something caring and respectful, it is not.

Go away Serb.
Jealous much?

Go away Serb.
Jealous much?
I am not a Serb, I have absolutely no connection to any peoples from around that area except for going through High School with many Croats, Serbs, Albanians, Slovakians, Montenegrins and Macedonians and probably a whole lot more that just called themselves Yugoslavians. In the North Western suburbs of Adelaide, you could find people with connections to just about any country on earth and it was brilliant!

All of the nationalities I mentioned above as well as the Ukrainians, Poles, Austrians, Original Australians, Hungarians, Italians, Greeks, Lebanese etc. etc got on magnificently with no animosity because of where their parents hailed from: that was the Australian "culcha". Every single one of my mates and acquaintances wanted to play for Australia, not for the Ukraine or Poland or Hungry, Croatia, Serbia, "Yugoslavia" ...... we all knew who we were, where we came from and where we were/are.

It's only since the dogwhistling Howard era, that supremacists from a variety of backgrounds have felt emboldened enough to crawl out of the sewers and spew their racist and bigoted bile and football, the world game, should not be used by the f****ng arseholes who think that their background makes them superior to others to further their putrid ideals, regardless of what background/nationality they hail from.

Zelic, Zdrillic, Davutovic and their type, perpetuate hate and supremacy and they should be called out. I will say it once again, the red and white checkerboard design and insignias the Croatian National team display on their shirts, is the direct equivalent of the Swastika. What would happen if the German or Austrian teams proudly displayed the Swastika on their shirts?

I am not a Serb, I have absolutely no connection to any peoples from around that area except for going through High School with many Croats, Serbs, Albanians, Slovakians, Montenegrins and Macedonians and probably a whole lot more that just called themselves Yugoslavians. In the North Western suburbs of Adelaide, you could find people with connections to just about any country on earth and it was brilliant!

All of the nationalities I mentioned above as well as the Ukrainians, Poles, Austrians, Original Australians, Hungarians, Italians, Greeks, Lebanese etc. etc got on magnificently with no animosity because of where their parents hailed from: that was the Australian "culcha". Every single one of my mates and acquaintances wanted to play for Australia, not for the Ukraine or Poland or Hungry, Croatia, Serbia, "Yugoslavia" ...... we all knew who we were, where we came from and where we were/are.

It's only since the dogwhistling Howard era, that supremacists from a variety of backgrounds have felt emboldened enough to crawl out of the sewers and spew their racist and bigoted bile and football, the world game, should not be used by the f****ng arseholes who think that their background makes them superior to others to further their putrid ideals, regardless of what background/nationality they hail from.

Zelic, Zdrillic, Davutovic and their type, perpetuate hate and supremacy and they should be called out. I will say it once again, the red and white checkerboard design and insignias the Croatian National team display on their shirts, is the direct equivalent of the Swastika. What would happen if the German or Austrian teams proudly displayed the Swastika on their shirts?

First of all, you must be a barrel of laughs at parties.
Secondly, go outside, get some fresh air and smell the roses. Get away from your computer.
Thirdly, get laid.
Fourthly, the Croatian checkerboard has been around since the 1500's, so pre-dates Nazi Germany by about 400 years.

Throughout the whole World Cup, there have been people from all backgrounds and nationalities engaged in decent conversations. It really was a great month.
There's no need for that sh!t you've just spewed.
GAGF.

In the shower this morning had a brief fantasy of an Australia/Indonesia World Cup.
Final MCG.
3rd playoff - Jakarta (Gelora Bung Karno)
SFs Sydney and Adelaide.
2 QFs in Bandung (Gelora Bandung Lautan Api) and Surabaya (Gelora Bung Tomo) (same SF)
another 2 in Perth and Brisbane (same SF)

Realistically though, too much long travel, climate variation, and most importantly, country relations could go pearshaped between winning bid and holding tournament (not as diplomatically stable as some other co-partners)
I hope I get royalties lol

African WC qualifying is shown on FIFA's YT channel.

The quality is bad but hey football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back