World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group B Thread (Morocco, Iran, Portugal, Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that it's shameful. I would question though why they're taking an Israeli flag into a game between Portugal and Morocco.

I see flags from many nations at all games who have no relevance to the game at hand.

In the same game that the above happened there were Turkish flags and I spotted an Azeri flag too.

I doubt they were attacked.

Some embarrassing 'injury' carry on from the Iranians that half. Hope Spain put 4 past them in the 2nd.

Can't say soccer is my strong suit, somebody's gonna have to explain the flip for me.

You mean the throw in? Yeah, that like never happens, ever. I’ve seen it once or twice in my 25 years of watching the sport, I think he figured if you flips the way he did he will throw the ball longer into the danger area of the 6 yard box. It didn’t work out but it makes me believe that the Iran player who tried it before has done it before.

What's that ****ing incessant sound in the crowd, annoying as hell.

They’re called Vuvuzelas. They first made an appearance at the 2010 World Cup and everyone and their Dog hated them and found them annoying. And then they just disappeared all together from football after that tournament and now they’re back to haunt us all.

This time they don’t seem to be played at every match like they were in 2010. So that’s something, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re called Vuvuzelas. They first made an appearance at the 2010 World Cup and everyone and their Dog hated them and found them annoying. And then they just disappeared all together from football after that tournament and now they’re back to haunt us all.

This time they don’t seem to be played at every match like they were in 2010. So that’s something, I guess.
Yeah I realised that just after posting, I thought they were just a South African thing though.

Someone should take one into the MCG and see if they get kicked out or beaten up first.

edit - early 90s at West Coast games they briefly had these ****in plastic horn things, think they lasted about 5 games before being banned.

Mainly African teams using them.

Gun Ronaldo so far having a fantastic world cup and Portugal building nicely real team bond.

I see flags from many nations at all games who have no relevance to the game at hand.

In the same game that the above happened there were Turkish flags and I spotted an Azeri flag too.

I doubt they were attacked.

I lost count of the many different flags that were displayed in the first game between Russia and Saudi Arabia :$. The Tunisian fan area in the bottom right corner a couple of days ago had Pakistani, Kuwait, Palestine, German, Cyprus, and Seychelles Island's flags :drunk:

Been like that for as long as I can remember

I dare anyone to watch any world cup final in the modern era and not spot a flag that isn't between the two contesting nations

Third place final is even more bizarre - every man and his dog across the world turns up for it :$
The same happens at cricket world cups. I don't mind it, I'm just confused at the completely random nature of Seychelles and Cyprus turning up. Pakistan as well considering they are very far from a footballing nation.

The same happens at cricket world cups. I don't mind it, I'm just confused at the completely random nature of Seychelles and Cyprus turning up. Pakistan as well considering they are very far from a footballing nation.

Probably a few fans from those country doing the "see if you can spot us in the crowd on TV" thing with their friends back home.

Probably a few fans from those country doing the "see if you can spot us in the crowd on TV" thing with their friends back home.

Haha, I love those fans. The types who look absolutely miserable when their team is losing and then turn into the happiest people on earth when they realise they’re on TV. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back