World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group C Thread (Australia, France, Peru, Denmark)

Remove this Banner Ad

Peru qualified at altitude. Those kind of teams usually stink it up a treat outside South America.
Every Peru home qualifier was played at the Estadio Nacional in Lima. It’s altitude in that Pacific coast city would be around 10 metres above sea level. Not much of a factor I’d reckon.
If you were talking about Ecuador (Quito 2860m) or Bolivia (La Paz 3640m) you might have a point.... but not Lima (10m)

France should top this group comfortably, but I think 2nd spot is wide open.

Australia is definitely a chance to make it through to the knockout stages, albeit a small chance.

Really need a good showing against France first up. Goal difference may come into play so it's crucial we look to limit the damage in Kazan. If we somehow walk away from that game with a point we're in a great position.

Nah Peru are ordinary. Struggled to beat NZ in the playoffs.

Think Australia lose to France. IMO Aus should park the bus vs France and hope for 0-0 or 1 goal loss.

Draw with Denmark and beat Peru. Hope that is enough to qualify

Seen quite a bit of Peru during their qualification. I wouldn't look into that qualifier against NZ much at all (particularly the away leg). Possibly their worst performance for the entire campaign. They more recently dismantled Croatia and Iceland quite easily.

Seen quite a bit of Peru during their qualification. I wouldn't look into that qualifier against NZ much at all (particularly the away leg). Possibly their worst performance for the entire campaign. They more recently dismantled Croatia and Iceland quite easily.
Will be keen to see their game tomorrow.

Agreed. Going off one game is stupidity anyway.

2016 Copa America Peru topped their group win 2 wins and a draw which involved Ecuador, Haiti and Brazil. That's right, Brazil, who they beat and eliminated because of that last group game with a 1-0 victory. Some bad referring no question contributed to that. They lost their subsequent match to Colombia in the qtrs via a penalty shootout. 2015 they made the semis of the Copa America and finished 3rd.

Peru weren't far off the other teams who qualified automatically in world cup qualifying either. Only 5 points off 2nd and 2 off 3rd which was Argentina who went through on the last day. Peru drew 1-1 at home to Colombia meaning they went through the playoffs. Conmebol was a tough, tight process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that bode well? They lost.

Given we want to preserve GD against France I would have thought the fact they weren't done for fives or sixes was quite good.

EDIT: Relatively weak Ireland side against a pretty much full strength France too.

Given we want to preserve GD against France I would have thought the fact they weren't done for fives or sixes was quite good.

EDIT: Relatively weak Ireland side against a pretty much full strength France too.
The France starting side wasn't 'pretty much full strength'.

It was a friendly with no ramifications. No team is beating anyone by 5 or 6 at the moment.

The France starting side wasn't 'pretty much full strength'.

It was a friendly with no ramifications. No team is beating anyone by 5 or 6 at the moment.

Wasn't it?

Seen plenty of one-sided scorelines in friendlies.

Meh.

Colombia beat France from 2-0 down. We drew with Colombia. I guess we're better than France.

ffs SM just quit while you're losing.

Not sure how that's even close to what I said, which was just an off-hand observation that we might have a chance of keeping our GD intact after the France game.

Get your face out of your ass and read things properly.

I think he enjoys soccer and is a true fan. I believe many on here aren't bashing the team but just look at it from a logical perspective. I'll watch games whether we lose 10-0 or win. I love the sport and sport in general and again many have the same view.

We could get through, I wouldn't rule that out and many teams have surprised as you said. Realistically I believe we won't and that is my prediction. I'll be tuning in nonetheless.

I reckon Peru, and chance against Denmark. Draw against France and were through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back