World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group D Thread (Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda why you prefer to see teams with good players progress farther than the 'nice story' as Iceland more or less are.

Just want a market to give me odds on Sampaoli's firing and Messi inserted as player coach before the next game.

Kinda why you prefer to see teams with good players progress farther than the 'nice story' as Iceland more or less are.

Just want a market to give me odds on Sampaoli's firing and Messi inserted as player coach before the next game.

I just want the teams that play the attacking styles to win.

Hopefully this world cup doesn't follow the trends of others and become a bore once the knock out stage starts.

Well that blows things wide open. Can Nigeria beat the Argies ??

Well that blows things wide open. Can Nigeria beat the Argies ??
Don’t really need to. A draw should do it.

Lots of permutations possible with 2nd spot. With their goal difference Croatia should finish in 1st place in the group. But any of the other can finish in 2nd place.

Also there’s the possibility of a France - Argentina round of 16 battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iceland are so overrated

What do you mean overrated? No one thinks they're a great side in the grand scheme of things but considering the size of the country what they've achieved as a nation in the last few years has been genuinely remarkable.

Some players in the squad have other jobs, they're not even full time footballers.

Hardly a shock, as awful as it is.

What do you mean overrated? No one thinks they're a great side in the grand scheme of things but considering the size of the country what they've achieved as a nation in the last few years has been genuinely remarkable.

Some players in the squad have other jobs, they're not even full time footballers.
More the fact people genuinely believe they should be making the knockout stages. They had a good run in euros, bit of a fluke really, but people need to lower there expectations of them. Im not really talking about posters in here overrating them in here

More the fact people genuinely believe they should be making the knockout stages. They had a good run in euros, bit of a fluke really, but people need to lower there expectations of them. Im not really talking about posters in here overrating them in here

Seems like a strawman argument. I don't think I know anyone who genuinely believed they'd make the knockout stages in a group that includes Argentina and Croatia.

Seems like a strawman argument. I don't think I know anyone who genuinely believed they'd make the knockout stages in a group that includes Argentina and Croatia.
The fact they're a live chance to do so amazing

People love the iceland story so much they start to believe they’re actually better than they are. Thats all im saying. Not trying to play the villian here, I hope they make the Qtrs over argentina.

The commentator only mentioned several hundred times that Halldorsson the keeper is a film director, and directed their Eurovision entry

Funnily enough, Obi Mekel had to pay the wages for the Nigerian team a few years ago.

I thought all four were a chance of going through, and Croatia were the most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back