World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group H Thread (Colombia, Japan, Poland, Senegal)

Remove this Banner Ad

You could understand if it was just stoppage time, but they did it for around the last 20 minutes of the game.
Disgustingly cynical
Didn't help that the polish team looked completely disinterested in pressing.
Reckon Poland were just happy enough to win considering how poor they were

Tunisia didn't have the cattle, Egypt and Morocco were very disappointing imo, Nigeria had a crack but lacked a bit of class and polish, Senegal easily the best of the bunch, but may have been light in central midfield.

I thought Morocco performed reasonably well, they just didn't have any luck.
Were the better team vs Iran/Portugal and matched Spain.

I thought Morocco performed reasonably well, they just didn't have any luck.
Were the better team vs Iran/Portugal and matched Spain.
Disappointing in the fact they couldn't break them teams down that they lost to when well on top

Gotta make your own luck in this game, they didn't finish well

Going out on cards would be the worst. Also, Lewandowski missed a sitter that would've put Poland 2 up so it's his fault too :poo:
Is there a more overrated footballer than him? All well and good when he's scoring goals for fun in a one-team league or against Armenia in qualifiers but, when push comes to shove, in CL knock-outs and major tournaments, he's either invisible or he chokes. No goals in the WC and only 1 in the Euros.

What happens if Senegal equalise

:oops:

Should never play out a game like that when your own destiny is not necessarily in your own hands

Think the bigger concern for the Japs where not to concede another goal by committing to attacking and leaving themselves open to a counter, because remember another goal by Poland would have had them out! Also had to not concede another card!

I can understand why they did it despite the risk it could backfire horribly but in the end it worked! Just isn’t a good look for the game!

But if England / Belgium draw then would again go to fair play tonight. Twice in a night!
And if England receive one more yellow card than Belgium (and it is a draw) then it goes to drawing lots.

I am already reading people suggesting that lots are fairer than 'fair play' points, because black people allegedly get given more cards than white people.

2018 is nothing like they promised us back in the 1990s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a more overrated footballer than him? All well and good when he's scoring goals for fun in a one-team league or against Armenia in qualifiers but, when push comes to shove, in CL knock-outs and major tournaments, he's either invisible or he chokes. No goals in the WC and only 1 in the Euros.
I said he's a choker earlier in the thread but some noob mode bit my head off. He is the sole reason Bayern lost to Madrid the last 2 years. They were better both times but he missed too many chances, that even someone like Benzema takes

that is not the samurai spirit. Karma will bite japan on the arse. And Poland too - they had nothing to lose but were prepared to sit on a 1-0 lead. If they had pressed Japan hard that move could have backfired. By sitting back too their fans leave the game disappointed despite the win.

No issue with what the Japanese team did - happens in AFL games most weeks - team ahead by small margin plays keepings off in the backline to run down the clock.

If FIFA had issues with it they could have instructed their officials to hand out yellow cards for time wasting, and with the number of cards being a tie breaker that could have made things interesting.

Still think that if 2 teams finish equal on points, goals, GD and head to head, rather than using yellow & red cards/drawing lots as a tiebreaker, the off day should be used for a penalty shootout between the teams.

Thought todays results would pan out the way they did. I wish Senegal were there though, I did expect more goals in the Colombia game and that bit Senegal in the ass.

A Belgium-Colombia or Belgium-Senegal match would have been superb. Will happily take Colombia-England though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back