World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Quarter Final 3-ENGLAND V SWEDEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like no huge egos in the England team.
This was one of the things that held them back during the golden generation in the early-mid 2000s. That was a much more talented team but they never gelled together.

This is an impressive performance. A couple of defensive lapses aside there is a real system to what they're doing and they play as a team. No egos.

They won't be scared of either Croatia or Russia.

Croatia will not sit back and be dominated in the midfield like Sweden or Colombia.

England are 4th choice after Croatia Belgium and France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren’t running around like headless chooks like usual, there’s a methodology and a construction to their play now

Watched highlights of the 4-1 va Germany in 2010 - the different is black and white

Eight years ago! How about only two years ago in the Euros when they lost to Iceland compare that to today bloody worlds apart! Galaxies apart more like it
And that’s in two years! just shows what an amazing job Southgate and the English FA has done to turn it around they saw the light change was needed and change they got! No more stubbin English ways!

Weird feeling. For all the times I've wanted a better England squad to go deep, they haven't.

Now with an average team they have a definite chance to make the final. Would prefer CRO v FRA/BEL final, and esp. CRO v BEL.

Croatia will not sit back and be dominated in the midfield like Sweden or Colombia.

England are 4th choice after Croatia Belgium and France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they set back against the Danes. Belgium fell 0-2 behind against Japan, France haven’t been overly impressive.

Like I said earlier, mid lacks creativity and they wasted a lot of chances tonight, but England can hold their own against any remaining team.

Pickford has to be one of the best Keepers in the World right now! Not only is he a very good shot stopper his distribution is second to none he can pinpoint anyone on the field from a goal kick or throw always a good sign of a good keeper.

Great confidence. He was on loan in the lower leagues early in his career & the manager was having a go at him not playing the ball out to the centre backs to hit it upfield. His response?

Why? I’m better than them at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back