World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16-FRANCE V ARGENTINA

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin Tyler (he’s the guy calling the game yeah?) just said he hoped soccer didn’t become a game where players just go for penalties based on this World Cup.

Did I hear that correctly? Is this the first game of soccer he has seen since 1948?

He said he hopes VAR doesn’t become a game where players are just looking for penalties

France looked in complete control for most of the half, but since the equaliser, it's definitely game on again

This is set up perfectly for a French choke. Argentina haven't created anything and yet it's 1-1.

Argentina have got it up there alot but France beating them on the counter with their pace but nothing like a goal to put doubts in their minds.

re yellow cards:
1970 - yellow cards introduced
1990 - Claudio Caniggia given yellow cards in 1st round and SF
1990 - Paul Gascoigne given yellow cards in R16 and SF

1994 - cleared after the group stage only
2002 - Michael Ballack given yellow cards in R16 and SF
2010 - cleared after the quarter final only

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin Tyler (he’s the guy calling the game yeah?) just said he hoped soccer didn’t become a game where players just go for penalties based on this World Cup.

Did I hear that correctly? Is this the first game of soccer he has seen since 1948?
With the VAR now players will flop in hope the VAR gives it

They’re ******* crazy, watching them in full flight is one of the many joys of the World Cup

My first WC was in 1978 when I watched amazed on TV,the ticker tape and streamers coming off the stands was something I have never seen before.

He looked more in distress celebrating than what he did when he was actually in distress the other day
What exactly happened the other day? I saw it and lol'd, but never read the the story

Looked like he was drunk and having a cocaine-induced heart attack and would've tumbled over the fence if his mate wasn't there to hold him upright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back