World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Third Place Play-Off-BELGIUM V ENGLAND

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lmao. Football's coming home. England in this world cup beat the mighty Tunisia with a stoppage time goal, Panama who were playing their 2nd world cup game ever and Sweden. 3 wins. 3 wins out of 7 games, as well as 3 losses.

Panama played 3, lost 3, conceded 11. World Class England:D
Remind me how the Aussies went? There’s something not quite right with you.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm not a Sterling fanboy for obvious reasons but at club level he's not s**t, especially since he scored 23 goals last season with a few of them being in really clutch situations. Mahrez will provide some good competition to Sane and Sterling but I'd have him 3rd in line in that pecking order in front of Bernardo Silva.
Hes misses a shitload of chances though, sometimes bordering on unmissable. i don’t think hes competing against Sane but definitely against Mahrez who is a much better footballer.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hes misses a shitload of chances though, sometimes bordering on unmissable. i don’t think hes competing against Sane but definitely against Mahrez who is a much better footballer.
I think Sterling lacks composure and finishing, but he is by no means a terrible footballer.

His movement off the ball is fantastic, and I think that has been largely overlooked for his performances for England.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Yeah sterling is much better than fans give him credit for. As pundits point out all the time, his movement off the ball is outstanding and defenders generally panic when he attacks them with pace. He definitely needs to improve his final ball and finishing, but the thing about his missed chances is they’re usually opportunities he’s created for himself.

Marcus DuQuesne

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
England had a dream run and did FA with it. Belgium played a good brand of Soccer all Tourney and were clearly a better side than 4th placed England. Most of the good games were on the other side of the draw. Croatia had some moments and I wish them all the best having been in that country a couple of weeks ago...top spot. The French look the faves and I am sure they will dive all over the place seeking penalties as they did against the Ozzies...Mbappe is an excitement machine so hopefully this will be an entertaining final ....mmm the jury is out. Go Croatia!

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think Sterling lacks composure and finishing, but he is by no means a terrible footballer.

His movement off the ball is fantastic, and I think that has been largely overlooked for his performances for England.
Has it been overlooked though? Heaps of people are saying that.

He gets into good positions but like you say no composure, lacking technical competency/ability to finish and he’s greedy.

Back