Oppo Camp 2018 Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, another year we won't be apart of finals and the Top 8 is a lock now. Thought I'd make an opposition watch thread for the 2018 finals series.

Current Standings:

1. Richmond
2. West Coast
3. Collingwood
4. Hawthorn
5. Melbourne
6. Sydney
7. GWS
8. Geelong

All discussion and predictions here. Who will you be supporting and why? Teams you want to see win and teams you don't want to?

I'd be happy with anyone but Richmond / WCE winning. My prediction at the start of the year was Geelong but don't see it, preference would be Sydney.

Last edited:
I don’t mind anyone as long as it’s not West Coast!

I think they’re definitely vulnerable without Gaffe and Natinui as their midfield lacks the class of other top 8 teams. Port are a seriously average team this year and they were comfortably handling west coast until they were reduced to one on the bench. But the main problem is going to be if they get two finals over here. How many teams will be good enough to beat them at Optus? Maybe GWS or even Geelong if they get going. I don’t trust Collingwood or even Hawthorn to do the job.

My prediction early on was Melbourne as a top 4 finish. I can see them pushing the Tigers all the way in the GF ..and I hope they win. Like us they have waited a while to challenge.

I'd like GWS to play Richmond and Shiel to put Cotchin down with a massive legal bump, not out of the game just down.

Then they beat Richmond

Nah, you're too soft. You got to make sure to take him out of the game. Then watch Dimma try coach a game with a man down against a good opposition, that'll be the best part.

Nah, you're too soft. You got to make sure to take him out of the game. Then watch Dimma try coach a game with a man down against a good opposition, that'll be the best part.
I think the player to take out is Astubry, force Rance to play on the key and get called for holding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, another year we won't be apart of finals and the Top 8 is a lock now. Thought I'd make an opposition watch thread for the 2018 finals series.

Current Standings:

1. Richmond
2. West Coast
3. Collingwood
4. Hawthorn
5. Sydney
6. GWS
7. Melbourne
8. Geelong

All discussion and predictions here. Who will you be supporting and why? Teams you want to see win and teams you don't want to?

I'd be happy with anyone but Richmond / WCE winning. My prediction at the start of the year was Geelong but don't see it, preference would be Sydney.
1. Melbourne
2. GWS
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood
5. Feeling
6. Richmond
7. Hawthorn

Would be my preference

The pies travel well but are decimated. Maybe give them a sniff at full strength. Given today i think tigers v eagles gf is all but a lock.

Sadly you’re probably right.

Hate when they spoil the best day of the year by getting into the grand final.

I'd like to see GWS get there.

Richmond vs WC GF looking very likely and I've got this weird feeling that WC are actually going to win it.

I'd like to see GWS get there.

Richmond vs WC GF looking very likely and I've got this weird feeling that WC are actually going to win it.

Geez I hope you’re wrong.

I think their midfield is still their Achilles heel. They wouldn’t want to run into GWS or perhaps even Geelong at any stage.

Sadly you’re probably right.

Hate when they spoil the best day of the year by getting into the grand final.

But it turns into the best day of the year again when they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back